Will they cut the lawn?....

savage critic

The information and plans for the Celebrity Revolution on Solstice class ships has so far been well hidden, despite the first ship Celebrity Equinox being due to be updated next year. Is it likely that the 'Iconic' lawn has had its day and will make way for a rooftop garden (like on Edge), or perhaps it will become additional sunbed space to compensate for the loss of the current solstice deck, which is likely to become the new 'Retreat' for suite only passengers?

50 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I suspect the lawn is history as it does not produce revenue.

It certainly does not get a lot of use based on my observations. The novelty of it has worn off for us, a long time ago.  What about it, do you like so much?

i believe the new Edge rooftop Garden also does not produce revenue.

The new Glass Blowing program on the Lawn does produce some revenue.  The Lawn Grill and Porch also produce revenue on the Silhouette and Reflection.  (My two favorite Solstice Class ships, but I like them all)

Personally, based on very little useage, I have often felt the Lawn was wasting the space.  

Trying something different on the Solstice Class ships would be a great idea IMO.  It was not listed in the planned enhancement on the Solstice Class ships, therefore I am not as confident as you that the Lawn will be totally removed.

I do love the lawn area ... we’ve played all sorts of games on it and even a sail away party concert with wine and cheese.  I would miss it if it were gone ... but, to be honest, I wouldn’t stop sailing on the Solstice class if it disappeared.  

• Like 2

I love the Lawn Club, especially on Equinox. On Reflection it is disappointingly obstructed by daybeds. I thought I read that Equinox would be getting them during the remodel.

I wish they would have included a small lawn space in the Rooftop Garden on Edge. In front of the stage would have been nice instead of the hard deck.

Edited by CoconutOne
typo

We are just off the Silhouette.  The lawn looked amazingly lush.  I understand the novelty.  But, must admit it was rather fun to take the shoes off, feel the grass on bare feet while looking over the scenery of the port that we were in. 

3 hours ago, DENIE said:

We are just off the Silhouette.  The lawn looked amazingly lush.  I understand the novelty.  But, must admit it was rather fun to take the shoes off, feel the grass on bare feet while looking over the scenery of the port that we were in. 

Exactly! I especially love it since it's bug free. Being in the south, that's not a common occurrence. It's nice to be able to dig your toes in without worrying about ants or other bugs crawling up on you.