Packing failure - 8 yr old for formal night

Hllb

3 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

After being on the Dream the week of Dec.2-9th out of NOLA, and seeing what people were wearing on elegant night. you could probaly wear a bath robe in the MDR.  You will be fine...Enjoy your first cruise!!

LOL I have seen the robe's in the MDR

Last cruise there was somebody near us on fancy night that looked like she had on a bathing suit and a somewhat see through coverup seated near us.

Doesnt matter to me what others wear so had no oimpact on me but a she did get a few strange looks from a few around me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

By Carnival’s rules shorts are not allowed in the MDR on elegant nights. In reality, Carnival rarely enforces most of their rules.  

Plus, he's only 8. I can't imagine Carnival not letting an 8 year old into the dining room to have dinner with his family. You'll be perfectly fine, OP.

1 hour ago, robc1972 said:

Last cruise there was somebody near us on fancy night that looked like she had on a bathing suit and a somewhat see through coverup seated near us.

Doesnt matter to me what others wear so had no oimpact on me but a she did get a few strange looks from a few around me.

One cruise I was on, there was a college age girl in one of those one piece things that seem to be all the rage right now. Nobody batted an eye at her 'elegant' baby clothes (which honestly..that's what it reminded me of), especially when she had to bend over to pick up her dropped Sail N Sign card and all the guys behind her got a good look at the lower half of her butt that was hanging out of the bottom of it.