Two cents owed after final payment

Paphillyguy

I had something weird happen yesterday.  I made my final payment at the beginning of Dec.  I happened to log on to my account yesterday and it said make your final payment.  I clicked and it said there was .02 due.  I pulled out my original booking and what I paid and it all equaled 0.  Paid in full.   It doesn't look like the fare was increased so I have no idea were the .02 came from.  I was on hold forever and gave up and made the payment.   Anyone else have this happen? 

43 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

I had something weird happen yesterday.  I made my final payment at the beginning of Dec.  I happened to log on to my account yesterday and it said make your final payment.  I clicked and it said there was .02 due.  I pulled out my original booking and what I paid and it all equaled 0.  Paid in full.   It doesn't look like the fare was increased so I have no idea were the .02 came from.  I was on hold forever and gave up and made the payment.   Anyone else have this happen? 

Yep - exactly the same thing - I also just paid the 2 cents...

7 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I will give my 2 cents

Sounds like a computer glitch unless Del Rio has discovered another way to get another 2 cents from every booking 🙂

I think he has.  Nobody is going to risk a reservation over 2 cents. 

7 hours ago, zqvol said:

It costs NCL a lot more than $0.02 to process that payment so go ahead and make it. You won't notice it but eventually NCL will.

Process it on your credit card and the CC company will assess a $3.00 transaction fee to the merchant.

NCL will wake up owing $2.98 for this folly.

In this type of business anything less than a dollar simply write it off - it doesn't make cents !

I don't know where you are from but I bet it is to do with the exchange rate.  We paid, at one time, using CAD and were left owing 1c.  I just let it ride but was carrying a Canadian Penny just in case!!!!!  Nothing happened.  We boarded as expected.

6 hours ago, casofilia said:

I don't know where you are from but I bet it is to do with the exchange rate.  We paid, at one time, using CAD and were left owing 1c.  I just let it ride but was carrying a Canadian Penny just in case!!!!!  Nothing happened.  We boarded as expected.

I bet you are right: I have seen other posts where this has happened and yes, it is usually just a few cents That explains the difference I guess and books do have to match but for 2 cents? 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, zqvol said:

It costs NCL a lot more than $0.02 to process that payment so go ahead and make it. You won't notice it but eventually NCL will.

I am in finance so it was the first thing I thought.  After being on hold forever, I said too bad you want my 2 cents.  It will cost NCl a lot more then 2 cents to process this.   I checked my credit card sure enough there is a charge for 2 cents.  

On 12/28/2018 at 12:10 PM, Paphillyguy said:

Same thing happened to me!  I called Norwegian and asked if they needed me to pay the .2 now even though I had a receipt for the amount I paid as final payment. They said no I didn't need to pay it.  lol, wierd though!

This happened to us as well … what happened was:

Made final payment over 3 months before our Jewel cruise (that was in Nov). Got email saying that the eDocs were ready for us to download and print luggage tags.

Then, a month or so later, NCL cancelled a shore excursion that we'd booked due to the tour company's collapse (or something like that). They refunded the charge to our credit card.

Then, when I was ready to download the eDocs, I went online and found I was not able to do so!! Then I saw that the balance was 4 cents!!! I came to the conclusion that since we are Platinum Plus and the tour prices were with 15% discount, so when we booked multiple tours they discounted the 15% from the total cost, not individually, and when they refunded the monies from the one cancelled tour they somehow left the account with 4 cents balance. I even tried to make payment for 4 cents but there was no option to do so.

I contacted our PCC and he took care of it, and then I was able to download the eDocs and print the luggage tags.

This happened to me as well.  The woman I spoke to said if it was up to her, she wouldn't dicker over .02.  So she passed me on to her supervisor who said I must pay the .02, which I did.

Funny thing is, neither one of them knew what the .02 was for.  I was thinking at the time, today .02, next week $200.00.  I was a little irate because I couldn't get an answer.

So two days after that I received an e-mail detailing all of my payments and it showed that the .02 was for the administrative fee since i had a CAS offer.

Get your act together Norwegian:(

On 12/29/2018 at 2:02 AM, casofilia said:

We paid using USD so I don't think it was a currency thing.  I found it hilarious.  I paid the .02.  My bf paid for the rest of the cruise.  I keep telling everyone I'm the big spender because I paid the balance of our cruise off :classic_cool: