Celebrity Move Up

pna

4 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I think I may still be misunderstanding something between the posts from yourself and @Gordoncruickshank.  If the suites are no longer available, how do you check what it would cost you yourself to upgrade? Or is the assumption that when  we book a lower level room (or suite) we 'mark down' what the higher level suite would have been at that time?  

So let's say we are booking 2 years out,  if the CS is 5000 and the RS is 8000 at that time, then when it comes to MoveUp bid time, we wouldn't want to bid more than 3000 since we could have gotten it for that 2 years ago?

We have been watching the pricing for booked cruises since they were booked. I always check out my future bookings in case of price drops and you also get to know over the years what the prices should look like for different categories, mainly through saying to yourself "there is no way I would pay that".

I do the same and keep track of price changes on a spreadsheet.   Other times I use the fishy site which has been flaky lately but still does a good job of tracking rates.   The rates will vary as Celebrity has "Sales" with or without various promotions and perks.   It can often be a shell came.    Give you an extra $100 OBC but raise the price by $100 on the day of the promotion.  

image.thumb.png.eec4d2b9fb2a0cbce1ceac0aafcf623b.png

Is this scheme only open to those in North America?

I have followed the link kindly added above and I get a quick view of the “move up” page then a second later it is covered by a “this page no longe exists” page. I also tried going in via the web and the same thing happens, the page is there but then very quickly covered up.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Is this scheme only open to those in North America?

I have followed the link kindly added above and I get a quick view of the “move up” page then a second later it is covered by a “this page no longe exists” page. I also tried going in via the web and the same thing happens, the page is there but then very quickly covered up.

No, I thought so as well but I just had a winning bid for PH in a couple of weeks. If you don’t get an email about it you can check on the menu, but you need to be on the US part of the site. 

Ti get there go to the very bottom on the site. You should see a down arrow with UK in the box. Hit the arrow at the right hand site and switch to us site. Look at some of the cruises to make sure they are priced in Us$. Then hit the menu button and see if the move up is there. Then you can add in your booking info - cruises ref and name but you need to be within 30 days of the cruise.

Then if there are any possible bids you should see them.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

2 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

No, I thought so as well but I just had a winning bid for PH in a couple of weeks. If you don’t get an email about it you can check on the menu, but you need to be on the US part of the site. 

Ti get there go to the very bottom on the site. You should see a down arrow with UK in the box. Hit the arrow at the right hand site and switch to us site. Look at some of the cruises to make sure they are priced in Us$. Then hit the menu button and see if the move up is there. Then you can add in your booking info - cruises ref and name.

Then if there are any possible bids you should see them.

Thank you, that’s really helpful and I’ll give it a try.

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I couldn’t find it a few weeks ago but did a bit of trial and error and eventually got to work.

To find link -  Click Menu (hamburger icon top left).    Go down to Celebrity Move-Up (at least in the U.S.) 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

To find link -  Click Menu (hamburger icon top left).    Go down to Celebrity Move-Up (at least in the U.S.) 

Hi Jim

The link does not show on the UK site menu. We need to change to the US site (there is a small down arrow next to the country which allows you to change which site you are on). If the change to the US site happens. The link does show on the menu.

12 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Hi Jim

The link does not show on the UK site menu. We need to change to the US site (there is a small down arrow next to the country which allows you to change which site you are on). If the change to the US site happens. The link does show on the menu.

Good to hear.  Unless I use a VPN I am unable to get my browsers to open up the UK site.  

Iain's an Ayrshire boy and say to say HI to you and all our CC friends in Scotland. 

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good to hear.  Unless I use a VPN I am unable to get my browsers to open up the UK site.  

Iain's an Ayrshire boy and say to say HI to you and all our CC friends in Scotland. 

We were like that until the new web site was launched recently. I have tried Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome and I can switch between the different country sites at ease on each one.  

I recall that Iain hailed from Ayrshire from previous posts. I was brought up in Central Lanarkshire  and still stay around the Glasgow area. Never in Glasgow but around it. 

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We were like that until the new web site was launched recently. I have tried Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome and I can switch between the different country sites at ease on each one.  

I recall that Iain hailed from Ayrshire from previous posts. I was brought up in Central Lanarkshire  and still stay around the Glasgow area. Never in Glasgow but around it. 

It's a lovely area and we get back often.   His family is mostly in Ayr and Prestwick.    We have enjoyed some touring in Glasgow.   Iain is a big fan of Macintosh and visited Hill House and House for and Art Lover last year.  

i tried the UK site and was able to get into it.   I guess my browse updated.    i was surprised that I could find a page on the Move-Up program and a FAQ page but no page to actually input your bid.   Wonder if when you get an invite in UK whether it directs you to the same  Bid Site.

38 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It's a lovely area and we get back often.   His family is mostly in Ayr and Prestwick.    We have enjoyed some touring in Glasgow.   Iain is a big fan of Macintosh and visited Hill House and House for and Art Lover last year.  

i tried the UK site and was able to get into it.   I guess my browse updated.    i was surprised that I could find a page on the Move-Up program and a FAQ page but no page to actually input your bid.   Wonder if when you get an invite in UK whether it directs you to the same  Bid Site.

This is where the redirect from the email was to which is on the plusgrade site

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/kSQ0tveCCS/offer/upgrade/GRimhcayYqqTEjNTIv9p4YJlhdLzJhU3yu?utm_content=main_button&lang=en_UK

It currently says no upgrade available.

2 hours ago, agibeault said:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, however if I understand correctly, if your bid is rejected you don't have another opportunity to increase your bid?

We sail Sunday on the Edge and only received an email yesterday (Friday), 3 emails in fact for each Move-Up offer I made.  The emails simply said “Unfortunately your offer to upgrade to a XXX was not accepted.  We are sure you will have an unforgettable vacation in the stateroom you initially selected”.  No opportunity at all to increase the bid.  It was a done deal!  We made offers of about 25% higher than the minimum on three upper level suites.  I do think that you can increase your bid after your initial bid though but not sure how close to sail date this can be done.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agibeault said:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, however if I understand correctly, if your bid is rejected you don't have another opportunity to increase your bid?

That is correct.    If you are notified that your bid was rejected (usually at 48 hours pre-cruise) you will not be able to increase your bid.    You can however increase your bid up to the point of acceptance or rejections by clicking the link on your bid confirmation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agibeault said:

Thank you - I just increased my bid a bit more 😊 If I don't win I will just have to spend the money at the spa! I notice my airline is doing the same auction for premium seating. I like the system!

I did that multiple times before I looked at the overall cost we were going to pay including the potential upgrade and decided to stop messing about and increased the bids to the maximum as the overall cost was an absolute bargain.

6 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I did that multiple times before I looked at the overall cost we were going to pay including the potential upgrade and decided to stop messing about and increased the bids to the maximum as the overall cost was an absolute bargain.

Smart! Even the highest bid is cheaper than it would cost me to upgrade directly.

4 hours ago, agibeault said:

Smart! Even the highest bid is cheaper than it would cost me to upgrade directly.

It all depends on how much you want to upgrade but there are no guarantees 

that any bid will be successful.our circumstances changes from the original booking. Our daughter decided to join us so we wanted a bit more room,

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I figure with the pandemic and reduced capacity, hoping to get automatically upgraded without paying for one.If not,no biggie.

1 hour ago, garsny said:

I figure with the pandemic and reduced capacity, hoping to get automatically upgraded without paying for one.If not,no biggie.

Almost no chance. 

• Like 1

No provider wants to train customers to wait until the last minute for a "deal". Airlines won't fill international business class seats with coach pax just to make their flight a nicer experience.  The would fly business empty rather than do that 

X  may look at bidders potential to determine if a good gesture (accepting the bid) would retain them as future high spend suite customers 

• 7 months later...