Freedom of the seas

Hi all

Have never been on Freedom of the seas. I have sailed Royal Caribbean about five  times .

Not sure what deck to book a balcony on! Yes I know not to book  on floors  without cabins beneath and above  and so forth!

Do you have a favorite area?Anything I should know about this ship? Cruise number 40 coming up! TY!

Edited by Reader0108598

12 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Have never been on Freedom of the seas. Anything I should know about this ship? 

Same as other ships and it sounds like you already know the rules. 

You can read Freedom related threads for more info. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Same as other ships and it sounds like you already know the rules. 

You can read Freedom related threads for more info. 

Well for example I sail Princess more than not if you asked me where to get a balcony On crown Princess I would say Caribe deck!  Will go looking for Freedom related threads TY!

Edited by Reader0108598

Location is subjective.  

Some people like to be just under the pool deck so it's a quick trip to the pool and sun and fun.  Others want to be closer to the Promenade area.  Others want to be halfway in the middle.   Some like being high up for better views.  Some like being lower so they're closer to the water.

What part of the ship do YOU like?  Book that same area on Freedom.  

34 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Location is subjective.  

Some people like to be just under the pool deck so it's a quick trip to the pool and sun and fun.  Others want to be closer to the Promenade area.  Others want to be halfway in the middle.   Some like being high up for better views.  Some like being lower so they're closer to the water.

What part of the ship do YOU like?  Book that same area on Freedom.  

Understood just want to stay away from any  known trouble areas. 

TY

Edited by Reader0108598

9 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Hi all

Have never been on Freedom of the seas. I have sailed Royal Caribbean about five  times .

Not sure what deck to book a balcony on! Yes I know not to book  on floors  without cabins beneath and above  and so forth!

Do you have a favorite area?Anything I should know about this ship? Cruise number 40 coming up! TY!

Need to first determine your budget.  Large differences in price based on the type of stateroom you want (Suite, balcony, ocean view or inside) and the month you want to travel.  We prefer higher level balcony staterooms mid-ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

Need to first determine your budget.  Large differences in price based on the type of stateroom you want (Suite, balcony, ocean view or inside) and the month you want to travel.  We prefer higher level balcony staterooms mid-

TY!

Edited by Reader0108598

15 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Hi all

We like near the stair/elevator lobby on deck 9.

• Like 1

8 would be 3 up to pool, windjammer etc, 3 down to promenade.  Makes it easier to avoid elevators, only 3 flights of stairs each way.  That said, we were in a 7 aft on Freedom a couple weeks ago, and will be in a 9 aft in a couple weeks.🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EeyoreRN said:

The aft balconies are huge and are reasonably priced on Freedom class ships since the views are partially obstructed by the infrastructure.  If you are interested in aft check deck plans and prices.

Thank you great tip 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bouhunter said:

8 would be 3 up to pool, windjammer etc, 3 down to promenade.  Makes it easier to avoid elevators, only 3 flights of stairs each way.  That said, we were in a 7 aft on Freedom a couple weeks ago, and will be in a 9 aft in a couple weeks.🙂

How has embarking changed from last year? Is luggage drop off in a different place and no line for D and D+ boarding? Thanks for any “heads up”.

9 minutes ago, Denise Ann said:

How has embarking changed from last year? Is luggage drop off in a different place and no line for D and D+ boarding? Thanks for any “heads up”.

Luggage drop off in San Juan is the same as it's been for years with Adventure.

5 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Thank you Bouhunter   sounds  great . Enjoy your next cruise! 🙂

We were on Freedom in September. We had a hump balcony on deck 6 (not sure which number any more). It was steps from the stairs/elevator and 1 floor up from the promenade. I LOVED the location. It was SO fast and easy to bop down to the promenade for pizza or drinks to bring back to the room, both late at night and in the morning. It was also really close to the main dining rooms, so we didn't really need to account for travel time to get to dinner or breakfast with our group. We found the elevators to be miserably slow and crowded, so we found with that location, we never needed to use them. Even the windjammer was a reasonable climb. On the occasions that we missed breakfast time in the MDR, it wasn't even that bad to climb to windjammer and back with a drink and plate of food (also found WJ to be miserably crowded). There was also almost no noise from either below or outside in the hallway, despite the proximity to the elevator. 

We were randomly assigned the cabin and got so lucky. We would absolutely stay in that location again. 

• Like 1

I booked 9th deck mid ship near elevators (jr suite).  I considered deck 10 but have experienced being under the pool area before with scraping of the deck chairs and under the WJ too.  Deck 9 seems easy/convenient!

• Like 1