The Refreshment Package

My wife and I just bought this package, what are some must try virgin cocktails we should try? With this package can we get specialty coffees and if so from where on the ship? Does this package include milk shakes as well? Any tips on getting our monies worth out of this package? 

2 minutes ago, tarrenel said:

My wife and I just bought this package, what are some must try virgin cocktails we should try? With this package can we get specialty coffees and if so from where on the ship? Does this package include milk shakes as well? Any tips on getting our monies worth out of this package? 

Milk shakes at Johnny Rockets (if on the ship) would be free as lon as you paid for food.

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Cafe latitudes for coffees.

don't forget about the fresh squeezed OJ in the mornings in the WJ and the MDR.  Powerade  should also be available at one or two of the bars.

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Cafe latitudes for coffees.

don't forget about the fresh squeezed OJ in the mornings in the WJ and the MDR.  Powerade  should also be available at one or two of the bars.

I also have the refreshment package. Is the fresh squeezed OJ actually fresh squeezed with oranges or is it Tropicana instead of Tang? 

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I also have the refreshment package. Is the fresh squeezed OJ actually fresh squeezed with oranges or is it Tropicana instead of Tang? 

On the Radiance at Christmas it was made fresh with oranges

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It is actual fresh squeezed. On several ships you can watch them put the oranges in the machine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Sometimes they have already squeezed the oranges into a pitcher and pour from that, but it's always been fresh squeezed for us.

• Like 1

With the refreshment package you can get virgin cocktails. I am not a drinker so I do not know one cocktail for another, so with being said and so I don't look like an idiot when ordering, what are some cocktails that I can order that actually taste good as a virgin cocktail? Also on Royal Caribbean can I get my virgin cocktail with my package and then buy lets say a shot of rum or vodka and have the bartender mix it together?

8 minutes ago, tarrenel said:

With the refreshment package you can get virgin cocktails. I am not a drinker so I do not know one cocktail for another, so with being said and so I don't look like an idiot when ordering, what are some cocktails that I can order that actually taste good as a virgin cocktail? Also on Royal Caribbean can I get my virgin cocktail with my package and then buy lets say a shot of rum or vodka and have the bartender mix it together?

Order a virgin Miami Vice.

Also, can you just get milkshakes free if you don't purchase food?  I am not sure on that.  I have the refreshment package on my next cruise and there is a JR on the ship.

10 minutes ago, tarrenel said:

Bartenders will be happy to describe drinks to you.

Yes, you can buy a shot and add it to your virgin drink.  

I've seen the question before about buying a shot and adding to a virgin drink.  People ask if the bartender will mix it up for you, and it's important for people to realize that if you get a normal (non-virgin) frozen/blender drink like a daiquiri or margarita or whatever, even if you have the booze package or are paying full price, they still blend the drink mixer first, then add the alcohol after.  

So yes, you can get a virgin drink with the Refreshment package and then add a shot of booze to it after, but the bartender will NOT blend it together for you, b/c they don't even do that for the paying customers.  Just stir it with your straw, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

I get this package every time I sail.

It includes: 

More info here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/beverage-packages

Enjoy our entire selection of premium coffees and teas, bottled water, fresh-squeezed juices, non-alcoholic cocktails, plus fountain soda with a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup. Onboard pricing is currently $26.00-$29.00/per day for 2018 sailings and $29.00 per day for 2019 sailings.

• Premium coffees and teas
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Fresh squeezed orange juice
  • Non-alcoholic cocktails
  • Fountain sodas / Coca-Cola Freestyle® beverages

We find that we get our monetary value in a day, and we drink 4+ specialty coffees a day, and usually become friendly with the coffee bar staff.

Enjoy!

10 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

I'm being told by people outside these message boards that JR's shakes are no longer included in the deluxe and refreshment packages - is this true?

It varies by ship, staff, and who is working that day on whether they will let you get it without dining at the restaurant.

They are technically included.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:42 PM, Iamcruzin said:

Oh it's amazing and fresh squeezed from real oranges in a big machine!

Since we are talking the RR package, can just one person in the room get the package, or do 2 people need to purchase it? 

There will be 3 of us in the room. We usually purchase the package for my DH and DS.  My husband always gets his moneys worth from the package by the time he gets water, coffee drinks, smoothies, etc.  We have figured out that our son doesn’t really get enough smoothies, etc. to make it worthwhile and I don’t drink that stuff. We would be better to pay as we go for our son and if I might decide I want a virgin drink or something.

Thanks for any help!

I have the same question as OP about the milkshakes. We’ll be on Liberty in a few weeks. I have the alcohol package, but my elderly father has the refreshment package - and a crazy sweet tooth. If I could get an affirmation from RCCL, I’d print it out and take it with me! Who would I contact to get a straight answer? 

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Doubt you can get anything useful in writing from RC.

I know...you’re probably right. But I’d rather try than just wing it and see what they say at JR. It seems that the whole milkshake-included thing varies by ship - as well as whether you have to purchase food or not. I googled and saw some email responses from RCCL telling people they were included but I didn’t think my screenshot of that would go too far. 😂