Counter / table space in DV cabin (flowers)

zitsky

In a DV cabin, is there much counter space or table space?  I believe there is a small table over by the balcony.  I'm looking for a place where I could put a small bouquet of flowers. (assuming I can get one)

We had a PV which has a huge amount of counter space.  I saw in DV rooms, and as you describe, there appeared to be a small table by the balcony wall, but is was small.  You could probably put flowers there depending on all the other things that need counter space. If it was small it could go on a night stand.  I do not know where you are going, but it is unlikely you can bring any flowers onboard.  

You can get a fairly good idea of what is available in a DV cabin by checking the 360 ship tour. The 360 ship tour is in the "Ships" menu, then select cabins.

They have a good sized desk opposite the seats on the outboard side of the cabin.

There is plenty of room for a bouquet of flowers. My husbands and I each bring a small basket for our odds and ends and put those on the desk. There is also a good size coffee table where one could place flowers. 

31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thank you.  I forgot about the coffee table.  That seems a perfect place for them... if I can get flowers...

We have never had trouble bring flowers on any ship we have been on, we did not bring any on Viking.

We were very disappointed, uViking has NO flowers any where. They do have some patches of funny greens and a few dried branches. It seems from what we were told the owner does not want flowers that are not native to Norway. So be it!

You better ask! 

Can't speak to anything with Viking except for NZ and Australia, but their rules are very strict there.  Viking cannot even serve bananas when in port!  I asked about certain food items and they said depending on where they were they were not allowed to have them...can't remember exactly what now though.  They make announcements every port about taking things off or on.  We were even questioned about our shoes if we had any dirt on them from visiting a farm.  Obviously every country is different.  

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

In a DV cabin, is there much counter space or table space?  I believe there is a small table over by the balcony.  I'm looking for a place where I could put a small bouquet of flowers. (assuming I can get one)

Though the cabins are the same size, I'm not sure if you have a small love seat or 2 chairs, like we had in a V cabin.  i got the layout from a video and this will show you what we did.   This all the flat serface you have besides night srands.

DSC03350.JPG

DSC03352.JPG

DSC03357.JPG

5 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Though the cabins are the same size, I'm not sure if you have a small love seat or 2 chairs, like we had in a V cabin.  i got the layout from a video and this will show you what we did.   This all the flat serface you have besides night srands.

DSC03357.JPG

I like what you've done there... will suggest that to DH for our April cruise.  Thanks for the photos!

3 hours ago, Jammy Bun said:

I like what you've done there... will suggest that to DH for our April cruise.  Thanks for the photos!

It does open up some space so it doesn't seem like an obstacle course to get to the veranda and someone can be using the desk area and still have room for the other to get by and actually have some leg room for the chairs.  You also could have some space under the table to store shore excursion bags or anything else and still be able to easily use the coffee table top. 

• Like 1

These pictures may help you decide if your flowers will take up too much space.  The Christmas tree is 18 inches.  The Poinsettia is in a small pot and grew during the time we had it in the cabin.  Now one of the lovely bar staff ladies has it in her cabin.

1AC0005B-CEB6-409D-8443-783E02EA76A4.jpeg

A5BE9DD3-3317-44A2-8A48-F662C998DC71.jpeg

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Thanks for posting that.  I think between the desk and table, I should be ok.

Just remember that the desk has the liftable lid if you need things in there and as you can see, in the picture, the area to the left of the tree has desk lamp, phone and Quietvox set up so real estate there is little.