Help Please need reasonably priced Fort Lauderdale Hotel

LaRoLarRo

Hi and help please, we’re sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on the Caribbean Princess April 6, 2019 and are seeking a reasonably priced good clean hotel near to the cruise terminal or the airport, for the night before depart. But all hotels seem to charge around $300 or more!

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Spring break and peak tourist season = high prices :classic_huh:

www.sunny.org has lots of hotel and tourist info for the FLL area.  If prices are too high in the downtown/17th street area near the port look at staying near the airport, Dania, etc.  Roadway Inn is likely your cheapest option that is often suggested on this board.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Spring break and peak tourist season = high prices :classic_huh:

www.sunny.org has lots of hotel and tourist info for the FLL area.  If prices are too high in the downtown/17th street area near the port look at staying near the airport, Dania, etc.  Roadway Inn is likely your cheapest option that is often suggested on this board.

Good luck.

Thanks so much John :)

You may want to check out www.choicehotels.com. They have a number of options for under $200.  We used them for 4 different hotels on our last vacation and they were all pretty nice.  Nothing fancy but clean and safe with pleasant employees.  We have booked another one with them for our cruise next month which has a free shuttle from the airport. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

You might also check hotels in Plantation, a nice suburb about 15 miles west of the port.  The Hampton Inn is highly recommended on this board and has free shuttles from the airport and to the port.  Other hotels have also been recommended (try doing a search on this board for Plantation hotels). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

You may want to check out www.choicehotels.com. They have a number of options for under $200.  We used them for 4 different hotels on our last vacation and they were all pretty nice.  Nothing fancy but clean and safe with pleasant employees.  We have booked another one with them for our cruise next month which has a free shuttle from the airport. I hope this helps!

Thank you so much, this is the first time we have used Cruise Critic and what a lovely community here!

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

You might also check hotels in Plantation, a nice suburb about 15 miles west of the port.  The Hampton Inn is highly recommended on this board and has free shuttles from the airport and to the port.  Other hotels have also been recommended (try doing a search on this board for Plantation hotels). 

Thank  you Capriccio, we will certainly check that out. Have a great day

You might try booking the Hyatt Place with www.valuetrips.com  it's approx $258.00 per night for your April visit. The Hyatt Place (convention center) is a great hotel and location and a very popular pre-cruise option. It's one of our favorite hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

You might try booking the Hyatt Place with www.valuetrips.com  it's approx $258.00 per night for your April visit. The Hyatt Place (convention center) is a great hotel and location and a very popular pre-cruise option. It's one of our favorite hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

Thank you Ashland, what a helpful community this is. I am so glad we joined Cruise Critic.

Have a great day

• Like 1

We are cruising the week after you and also were amazed at the hotel prices.  We are using the Quality Inn & Suites on Stirling Rd., Hollywood, FL.  Have stayed there before and found it on Trivago for a better price than the other sites.  Looking at your week on Trivago, I see a lot of reasonably priced places to stay.  We chose to be away from the beach as it is spring break and we don't need to party!

Edited by montekat

I see several hotels for under $200 in great locations for Apr 5.

For example - the New Wyndham Garden for $167 before taxes. In Dania Beach close to the Port.

Even the very good Best Western Plus (breakfast Included) in Lauderdale Beach for under $200 before taxes!

Edited by SteerageJoe

Honestly, I have had a lot of luck using hotels' price match guarantee.  Most chains will match the rate +20-25% if you can find a lower rate within 24 hours of booking.  So I book through the hotel directly and usually price match with sites like Amoma, Getaroom, etc.  

It has allowed us to get very good properties at reasonable rates.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RG306 said:

Honestly, I have had a lot of luck using hotels' price match guarantee.  Most chains will match the rate +20-25% if you can find a lower rate within 24 hours of booking.  So I book through the hotel directly and usually price match with sites like Amoma, Getaroom, etc.  

It has allowed us to get very good properties at reasonable rates.  

Thank you! Great idea! Have a lovely day

9 hours ago, sailawaybellaluna said:

We're sailing the week before you but also staying a night at the end of the cruise (4/7) and I'm having the same challenge! 

What is your budget? I am seeing the Holiday Inn on 17th for $158 before taxes, Candlewood on 84th for $140 and so on!

1 hour ago, SteerageJoe said:

What is your budget? I am seeing the Holiday Inn on 17th for $158 before taxes, Candlewood on 84th for $140 and so on!

Thanks! Yes, I was considering that Holiday Inn! The weekend of 4/7 is definitely cheaper than the weekend before...The same hotel is $313 for the Saturday before...

At the moment I'm considering spending the Saturday before our cruise at the Homewood Suites by Hilton FLL Airport and Cruise Port. $236 including breakfast and airport shuttle.

OR

The Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port  for $269. It includes breakfast and airport shuttle and seems to have the best reviews (almost 5*) on Tripadvisor.

We'll be arriving late from LA and as there are 6 of us (and we'd require two taxis/Ubers), I'm drawn to these for the shuttle and breakfast and ease.

After the cruise I'm considering the Embassy Suites on 17th Street because it seems to be more centrally located, near the water taxi, and has a nicer pool since we'll have more time to explore and such.

I'd love feedback on these considerations.

Thanks!

On 1/24/2019 at 1:41 AM, montekat said:

We are cruising the week after you and also were amazed at the hotel prices.  We are using the Quality Inn & Suites on Stirling Rd., Hollywood, FL.  Have stayed there before and found it on Trivago for a better price than the other sites.  Looking at your week on Trivago, I see a lot of reasonably priced places to stay.  We chose to be away from the beach as it is spring break and we don't need to party!

Thank you MonteKat, with everyone's help we have been able to find several choices around the $150 mark plus taxes. That is so much better than $300+ mark not including taxes. Everyone has been so helpful. 

Enjoy your cruise!

We’re in Fort Lauderdale dur that time   too, I booked a hotel called Premiere right on the beach. Only 2 stars, but right by the beach and reviews say it’s clean... will see what it is like... Cheap anyway and great location 

3 hours ago, October17 said:

We’re in Fort Lauderdale dur that time   too, I booked a hotel called Premiere right on the beach. Only 2 stars, but right by the beach and reviews say it’s clean... will see what it is like... Cheap anyway and great location 

Please come back and let us know about your experience.  I don't remember that hotel ever being mentioned here. 

• Like 1

Thank you Everyone for all your help and suggestions. We are booked for Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port for $134.10 + $19.10 taxes = $153.20 Much better than the $300+ hotels we were finding without your help. All the best and Happy Cruising 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:56 PM, capriccio said:

I stayed at the Hampton in Plantation about a year ago and thought it was a good choice.  Walking distance to acceptable restaurants and a good liquor store.  You could probably walk to the nearby mall.  However, the shuttles can get crowded. Especially the shuttles to the port which although free have to be booked at least the day before.  I would call to see if they are still offering the shuttles, my info is a year old.

It depends on what you are looking for.  If you want walking distance to, or on the beach then $300+ may be about right.  If you are looking for a place to get a good nights sleep the night before a cruise you should be able to find something under $200 (and that includes all taxes and fees).  

Most hotels have a discount for AARP, AAA, or a membership in the hotel's frequent traveler program.  I have also found good deals on Hotwire.

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

I stayed at the Hampton in Plantation about a year ago and thought it was a good choice.  Walking distance to acceptable restaurants and a good liquor store.  You could probably walk to the nearby mall.  However, the shuttles can get crowded. Especially the shuttles to the port which although free have to be booked at least the day before.  I would call to see if they are still offering the shuttles, my info is a year old.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation on January 5, 2019.   I can highly recommend.  We took the free airport shuttle to the hotel and also the free shuttle in the morning to the port.  Nice breakfast is included in the morning.  We walked to a wine store so we could get wine to take in our carry on and we had lunch at a Cuban restaurant called  Padrino’s.  The Hampton Inn Plantation was a good choice for us.  It was my second time staying there prior to a cruise.