Chef's Table - Ever Not Been Selected

CruiseNut24

On 1/24/2019 at 1:38 AM, Sea Day Cruiser said:

Don’t let the above scare you off. I have done the chef’s table at least 4 times and always alone. No one has ever even mentioned finding a dining partner to me. In fact sometimes I think being alone makes it easier if they have a lot of people signing up because they will squeeze one person in where they couldn’t do it for two.  I also have a shellfish allergy and it has always been accommodated. 

I was solo on a recent cruise and didn’t make it.  It may have been b/c I try to sign up too late.  

• 7 months later...

We are on the Jan. 28 cruise to Hawaii. There will be 11 of us interested in the Chef's Table. Some have food "preferences" and are worried about the menu. Another has a sea food allergy. Several previous posts indicate that accommodations are made for this. If we are accepted, do we complete a form to inform the staff as is done on Carnival? Will this affect our being selected? Thanks in advance

19 minutes ago, lebnatb00 said:

We are on the Jan. 28 cruise to Hawaii. There will be 11 of us interested in the Chef's Table. Some have food "preferences" and are worried about the menu. Another has a sea food allergy. Several previous posts indicate that accommodations are made for this. If we are accepted, do we complete a form to inform the staff as is done on Carnival? Will this affect our being selected? Thanks in advance

Yes. There's a meeting of all attendees the day before (IIRC).

Be sure to pack closed toe shoes, no sandals in the galley.

I've seen some posts that some ships wouldn't allow a sea food allergy at the CT. Good luck!!

41 minutes ago, lebnatb00 said:

Advise Princess through your booking/personalizer about any food allergies ahead of time. Don't what until you are onboard. Then see the MD once onboard.

Only the MD onboard will be able to tell you whether it is doable or not.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:51 PM, Grburkart said:

Easier said than done. Lol. 

Glenn

I have been to one where a solo gentleman invited the Captains Circle hostess.

Before you ask yes you would pay for her as well as yourself.

I understand you need to call the dine line as soon as you board but when are you actually told you have been accepted and what the arrangements are? I am assuming you are not told at time of the phone call? And do they usually avoid formal nights, would be a pity for them to coincide.

21 hours ago, lorri111 said:

I understand you need to call the dine line as soon as you board but when are you actually told you have been accepted and what the arrangements are? I am assuming you are not told at time of the phone call? And do they usually avoid formal nights, would be a pity for them to coincide.

Never have done one on formal night.  You would find out if you were picked several days after signing up and they invite you to come meet with the MD to talk about the "rules", allergies, etc.

4 minutes ago, jovisoul said:

We've requested it 5 times, have never been selected. ☹️

Wow!  Very surprised.  We have always been chosen.  
Keep trying...it is so worth it!  Hope you picked the next time. 😉

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:08 PM, CruiseNut24 said:

Just checking with others to see if you have ever signed up for the Chef's Table,  and was not selected to attend.  We are looking to try our first Chef's table, and would like to see what the odds are of being selected to attend.

Thanks for your time. 

Late response to an old thread. We'll sign up when on our Hawaiian trip in late Jan. We've done "Le Bourgeoisie" on Oceania's Riviera a few times recently. That was the dinner to measure everyone else's by. If we get to try it, we'll compare the 2. Pricewise it's about the same. You do get very nice wine tastings to go with each course of your dinner on the Riviera, however.