ITINERARY CHANGE ANTHEM FEBRUARY 15

Got an email today stating that the depart time in Nassau is changing from 11:59pm to 10pm.  Not really a big deal but with all the issues I am reading about,  I am just wondering if this could be due to some underlying problem.  Any ideas??

1 hour ago, slotmomma3 said:

Got an email today stating that the depart time in Nassau is changing from 11:59pm to 10pm.  Not really a big deal but with all the issues I am reading about,  I am just wondering if this could be due to some underlying problem.  Any ideas??

Trying to figure out why leaving two hours early in three weeks would be because of an underlying problem.

Could it be as simple as the port asked them to leave early due to ship traffic that night?

I got the same email for my March 15 Anthem cruise, which reads in part “We’ve updated our departure time from Nassau, Bahamas to ensure you have a comfortable experience while en route to Cape Liberty, New Jersey. We’ll now be there from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM, giving you plenty of time to explore this beautiful tropical island.”

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If they leave 2 hours early they can sail at a slower speed which means burning less fuel which saves them money. 

Or maybe the slower speed will also reduce the ship motion.  Need the Chief on that theory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruiseenthusiast101 said:

The reduction in port hours makes me want to believe there is a propulsion issue going on. The fact that they are leaving early on various cruises as nothing to do with port congestion. With the reduced speeds it will take longer to get back to cape liberty, thus them needing to leave earlier.

funny because they did the same thing on the 3/9 Symphony itinerary months ago,

I doubt symphony has had propulsion issues for months and we haven't heard about it.

We too are on this cruise. We did not receive the email. I frankly was surprised when I booked that we were leaving Nassau at 12:00 midnight. I have done this itinerary on NCL Jewel and Gem. Very fast ships compared to Anthem. Both times left Nassau at 6PM, on Wednesday, and arrrived in NY, on Saturday, between 6:00 and 7:00 AM. Frankly I think they may have realized if they hit bad weather going back to NY , in winter very possible, they would not arrive on time or possibly tide issues at the Verrazano Bridge. 

Edited by Mike A

On 1/24/2019 at 3:46 PM, slotmomma3 said:

We on Jan 18-26 2019 cruise were changed to 10 PM also about a month ahead. I asked Dennis Charles about it after the Captains Corner on the 25th and he said it was due to a full port with departures and we lost the lottery.

Which was fine because we skipped Coco Cay due to winds and got to Nassau at noon a day early instead.  It was fine because we got the last dock, next to Paradise Island.   What a glorious view, like having an ocean front room, at least for us on the Starboard side.

BTW: We got to Port Canaveral at noon a day early also.  So we overnighted at both ports that we actually got to.

Edited by BobInPa

4 hours ago, cruiserking said:

I don't think it's propulsion problems, RCCL has changed to 10 pm departures from Nassau for all of its Bahamas cruises this season. It might be a safety issue with the port later at night. 

Jonathan

It is just related to fuel saving and having a time buffer in case of not so good weather on the Atlantic. 

• Like 1