Transportation from MCO to Port Canavral

sealeggs

13 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

WE will have 10 people 6 adults and 4 kids who will require a car seat. That said, other than the RCCL transfer who has ideas for a less expensive way to get from the airport to the pier?

Thanks

We use Cortrans, $20 per person, each way.

See you're from AZ,  assume you're flying in the day before??   If so, check out the Fly, Snooze, and Cruise packages offered by Go Port Canaveral:  https://www.goportcanaveral.com/fly-snooze-cruise/orlando-airport

They take care of everything, for your group, you'd have to give them a call and not book online.   They were very helpful!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, voyager70 said:

You could also do a one way car rental.  You obviously would need 2 SUVS or mini vans but they are very reasonable, especially if you can find a discount code online.  We've rented large SUVS for as little as $44 one way.

What car rental company did you use?  We have the same amount of people going, as the poster.

With so many people and child seat reqs, the best value and most convenient will be a private shuttle from companies such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle or 888-transport. You will have total flexibility and pay around $120-$150 one way.

Shared shuttles and buses such as goportcanaveral are not cost-effective for large groups given the fact that you have zero flexibility too.

Rental vans/SUVs will also work if you get good rates and willing to drive! Here are the companies to consider:

Rental-Car-Map-Web-1.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

10 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

With so many people and child seat reqs, the best value and most convenient will be a private shuttle from companies such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle or 888-transport. You will have total flexibility and pay around $120-$150 one way.

Shared shuttles and buses such as goportcanaveral are not cost-effective for large groups given the fact that you have zero flexibility too.

Rental vans/SUVs will also work if you get good rates and willing to drive! Here are the companies to consider:

Rental-Car-Map-Web-1.jpg

Wow...we will be the same size group as the OP and the link one poster posted for goportcanaveral seemed to look good. Considering it included the hotel also...so ?????

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:41 PM, 5280mom said:

Yes-Oasis has a licensed Starbucks.  I happily visited every afternoon on our cruise for a doppio iced espresso and earned points on my card for doing so.  Major plus in my book and something I truly missed on our most recent NCL sailing.  Enjoy!

We arrived in Orlando and stayed at staybridges suites through  goportcanaveral they picked us up at the airport, drive us to port canaveral and then will pick us up at the port and drive back to the airport, very nice room 2 TVs  separate bedroom and a kitchen and full breakfast.

worked perfectly.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:36 PM, Ashland said:

Wow...we will be the same size group as the OP and the link one poster posted for goportcanaveral seemed to look good. Considering it included the hotel also...so ?????

I think goportcanaveral is doing a great job nowadays but you will pay $18 per person - $180 one way for a big bus ride.

You can get a private shuttle and maximum flexibility for cheaper! Even a 10 person stretched limo will cost just over $200!

Edited by SteerageJoe

8 hours ago, tlm48 said:

We arrived in Orlando and stayed at staybridges suites through  goportcanaveral they picked us up at the airport, drive us to port canaveral and then will pick us up at the port and drive back to the airport, very nice room 2 TVs  separate bedroom and a kitchen and full breakfast.

worked perfectly.

Have you done this already and what time frame are you using for your return flights out of MCO? 

8 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

I think goportcanaveral is doing a great job nowadays but you will pay $18 per person - $180 one way for a big bus ride.

You can get a private shuttle and maximum flexibility for cheaper! Even a 10 person stretched limo will cost just over $200!

I will price it out so will need a shuttle to an Orlando hotel, hotel (3 rooms for the 10 of us), shuttle from hotel to Port Canaveral, shuttle back to MCO? Also suggested time for our departure (MCO) flight on a Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Also suggested time for our departure (MCO) flight on a Sunday. 

Flights about noon are safe.  You need to be at MCO about 2 hours prior to your flight, and the ride from Port to airport takes just under an hour.  Off the ship by about 8:30-9:00 should be easy, but riding herd on 10 is never easy. :classic_dry:

Edited by JohninDC

4 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Flights about noon are safe.  You need to be at MCO about 2 hours prior to your flight, and the ride from Port to airport takes just under an hour.  Off the ship by about 8:30-9:00 should be easy, but riding herd on 10 is never easy. :classic_dry:

Thanks for the flight time suggestion (this is a new port for us)....luckily I don't have to ride herd on any of us....all are seasoned flying/cruiser's even the grandkid's.