BOGO 2-nt. dining package experience/info

finally got my cruise booked!! browsing through the planner and see we can purchase this BOGO 2 nt dining package, anyone ever done this?  can we pick any of the restaurants we wish?  I've gotta weigh my options between 2; chefs table, 150 central park, chops, & possibly wonderland.

3 minutes ago, sixesandeights said:

Chef's table is not included.

considering the price for chef's table, I assumed that.  but didn't find it in their disclaimer or fine print anywhere....so assumed it was included.  the 3 night package does however exclude chefs table..

3 minutes ago, viperrtblck said:

considering the price for chef's table, I assumed that.  but didn't find it in their disclaimer or fine print anywhere....so assumed it was included.  the 3 night package does however exclude chefs table..

Definitely excluded.

fine print from the BOGO package on our upcoming sailing

*Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. Each reservation must be used on the first and second nights of the sailing respectively. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table and wine pairings dinners.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We've done the BOGO on a few ships.  Have done Chops and Jamies and Wonderland on the BOGO.  I always go to one of the specialty restaurants the day I board the ship and find out what restaurants have been chosen for us and then I change them if necessary.  Usually can't change the time though.

Oh, also wanted to mention that we have always paid $30 per person for BOGO but when we booked our cruise this year it was $42.50 per person.   I booked it anyway and kept watching the prices.  It went down to $30 per person for about a month so I cancelled my first order which was very easy to do online and then rebooked minutes later.  Worked perfectly.  So keep an eye on prices if you are not happy with what you paid.  

Edited by FrannyK
  • Like 1

how does this work if booked, does royal pick the restaurants for you or can you pick them?  or from what i'm reading, they automatically pick them for the 1st and 2nd day, and if you wish to have a different restrurant, you have to go request it?

7 minutes ago, viperrtblck said:

how does this work if booked, does royal pick the restaurants for you or can you pick them?  or from what i'm reading, they automatically pick them for the 1st and 2nd day, and if you wish to have a different restrurant, you have to go request it?

Yup, once on board, you can discuss with any host/hostess at any specialty restaurant to find out what restaurants were chosen for you.  You may be able to modify at that time depending on availability.

7 minutes ago, viperrtblck said:

These are the kinds of things that can vary between ships, but typically the ship will pick the first restaurant.  Once onboard you can change (pending space availability) and also choose the second restaurant.

Last 2 cruises on Independence and Symphony they did not pre reserve a restaurant and we did not need to use them on day 1 or 2.  You make your reservations or change days or times by going to any specialty restaurant on boarding day and make all your reservations at that time.  We were also able to book the BOGO, 3 night and 5 night in the cruise planner. The only exceptions are Chef's table and Izumi Grill.  They sometimes run a lunch special in the cruise planner  for chops at $17.00 and Jamie's for $22.00.  happy cruising

We used the BOGO on our 1/13/2019 Oasis cruise.  Went to Chops both first and second nights.  No reservations were pre-booked for us.  We had no trouble booking Chops for 8:30pm both nights. 

This is a great deal as the cost was just $80 for the two of us...($20pp/meal) and that includes gratuity!  Chops on board was $49.99pp, plus 18% gratuity or $58.99pp (which I personally would not pay).  Since we booked at such a low price without the added gratuity we did leave a cash tip of $20.

4 minutes ago, Dayman9966 said:

I still don't know all of the restaurants included.  Chop's, Jamie's and Central Park?  Is that it?  They are priced the same as the Hibachi, so not sure if that's included as well.

Steve

Hibachi not included.

wow, some of you on here got it for $40/person!  my cruise planner is at $50/person for the BOGO 2-night package right now....guess i'll be waiting till that drops!

I got BOGO for $30 per person three weeks ago for our 5-night Indy cruise after originally booking it for $42.50 per person.  Just keep watching, it will most likely drop before you cruise.

8 minutes ago, viperrtblck said:

wow, some of you on here got it for $40/person!  my cruise planner is at $50/person for the BOGO 2-night package right now....guess i'll be waiting till that drops!

While prices do vary the older ships with fewer restaurants are typically priced less than Oasis class ships. 

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last 2 cruises on Independence and Symphony they did not pre reserve a restaurant and we did not need to use them on day 1 or 2.  You make your reservations or change days or times by going to any specialty restaurant on boarding day and make all your reservations at that time.  We were also able to book the BOGO, 3 night and 5 night in the cruise planner. The only exceptions are Chef's table and Izumi Grill.  They sometimes run a lunch special in the cruise planner  for chops at $17.00 and Jamie's for $22.00.  happy cruising

I'm confused.  You didn't have to book BOGO on nights 1 and 2?  Or is this because you also had 3 night dinner package (or 5)?  Thought the whole idea of BOGO is it had to be nights 1 and 2.  We'll be on Symphony in case it was different for you on Independence vs Symphony.