Few questions before sailing on Grandeur

hmatt

Haven't been on RC for a few years now, think we have sailed on the cruise line four times, anyway can we bring small fan and sound machine? Are the cookies delicious in the windjammer and hubby hopes ice cream is great!? I believe I read to bring soda in carry on as we embark, can we bring a bottle of water or another soda on after a day at port? Do we pay for shore excursions when we booke them?

Thanks everyone, has anyone been on the Grandeur lately? Any thoughts,

Debbie

You can bring a sound machine or fan onboard. Buffett desserts are always going to be subjective and hit or miss. You can carry on a 12-pack of water or soda up to 17 ounces each, but only on embarkation day. Anything else brought back from ports of call will be held by security until the last night of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hmatt said:

Haven't been on RC for a few years now, think we have sailed on the cruise line four times, anyway can we bring small fan and sound machine? Are the cookies delicious in the windjammer and hubby hopes ice cream is great!? I believe I read to bring soda in carry on as we embark, can we bring a bottle of water or another soda on after a day at port? Do we pay for shore excursions when we booke them?

Thanks everyone, has anyone been on the Grandeur lately? Any thoughts,

Debbie

The no-charge frozen stuff comes in two forms:  Soft serve on the pool deck outside the Windjammer and regular ice cream at meal time in the MDR and in the Windjammer at night.

You can pay for Ben & Jerry's at Café Lattetudes on Deck 6.

As has been said, there is ice cream in the buffet and main dining room.  I find the ice cream in WJ is typically VERY soft.   The soft serve is not really ice cream, as someone will point out.  But I like it.

When coming back on board, they will typically make you dump any opened bottle.  A sealed bottle in a bag may or may not make it on board.  I would not plan on it.

We have sailed on Grandeur the last two Augusts.  Will be back on board her in April and again July 2020.

We LOVE Grandeur.

Actually in the past, we've never had problems bringing bottled water on board.  We usually buy one or two large bottles in port and bring them through security.  If they ask, we open them.  Now, I'm not saying that is normal, only normal for us.  The cruise line does say they'll confiscate any liquids being brought on board.  But a large bottle of water is usually only a few dollars in port, so buy one and simply be prepared to give it up if necessary and find out.  I've also never been asked to pour out water from an open bottle.  Just my experience.

We think the cookies are delicious (or at least my favorite, coconut).  The pavlova is dry but so delicious, too.

No need for bottled water; the onboard water is excellent.  If you prefer drinking from a bottle, pack one and fill it from a glass in Windjammer.

11 hours ago, nashirak said:

You can carry on a 12-pack of water or soda up to 17 ounces each, but only on embarkation day. Anything else brought back from ports of call will be held by security until the last night of the cruise.

This is my 3rd try to reply to this thread.  If the others show up at some point, I apologize in advance.  I am not sure what is going on with CC this morning. . . or what I am doing wrong.  😮

The above is a new policy.  RCL is trying to get a handle on bringing water & soda onboard.  Unless someone has sailed in the last couple of months they may not be able to tell you the current experience.  

PS--the best desserts are at the Café Lattitudes.  The coffee is for a fee, but the pastries, cakes, doughnuts, etc are included in the cruise fee. 

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Thanks everyone, seems to me RC is a little more strict with what you bring on, we are elite on Princess, sailed several times with Celebrity and Holland, never had an issue with a fan except in San Diego each time, or drinks replacing the ones that have been drunk. But it's like traveling to different countries, simply enjoy and obey their rules

thanks again