what drinks are covered with the classic drink deal.

volk904

Soda, beer, wine by the glass, cocktails and frozen cocktails to $9, specialty coffees and teas, fresh squeezed juice. There are detailed lists on this forum, just do a search. You can also go to the X website and type Classic Beverage Package into the search bar. The beverage package is able to be used everywhere on the ship, but cannot be used for room service and doesn't include the items in your mini-bar. There's a pretty wide variety of things included. Your seapass will have your package indicated on it. Just order what you want, if your order isn't included in the package, the server will tell you. In that case you'll only be charged the difference between the drink cost and your package allowance +18%. We've gone many cruises imbibing away without a charge. Martinis at the martini bar are above the allowance for Classic, but they may make you a smaller one, albeit not the same wide variety.

Great, thank you. And those are included under the Classic Beverage Package, right? And does the CBP come with gratuities per-paid also? Or will they charge our account the 18% gratuity with each drink? We have never had a beverage package before, but since it's a perk option, I'm considering it. Usually we just get a bottle delivered to the cabin when we sail.

6 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Great, thank you. And those are included under the Classic Beverage Package, right? And does the CBP come with gratuities per-paid also? Or will they charge our account the 18% gratuity with each drink? We have never had a beverage package before, but since it's a perk option, I'm considering it. Usually we just get a bottle delivered to the cabin when we sail.

The gratuity is included with the package whether you purchased it outright or received it as a perk. We've done many cruises with the Classic package and drink all sorts of thins without an upcharges ever occurring. We just offer whatever we want without looking at any menus. These days on the rare occasion that we order something not included, we are only charged the difference +18%. We have soda, bottled water, fresh squeezed juice, frozen drinks, cocktails,  wine with dinner,  cappuccino after dinner and never an extra charge.

Just now, Luvcrusn said:

The gratuity is included with the package whether you purchased it outright or received it as a perk. We've done many cruises with the Classic package and drink all sorts of thins without an upcharges ever occurring. We just offer whatever we want without looking at any menus. These days on the rare occasion that we order something not included, we are only charged the difference +18%. We have soda, bottled water, fresh squeezed juice, frozen drinks, cocktails,  wine with dinner,  cappuccino after dinner and never an extra charge.

Thanks very much for that info; answers all my questions. BTW, I'd rather be sailing also!

We got dinged for a couple bucks at the Martini Bar when ordering a martini.  But the bar tender made it clear before ever making it.  It's a hassle for them, they don't want to fight with guests over unexpected charges, so they are pretty on top of checking your package and warning you if there is an upcharge.

I do like higher end liquors, but when we sailed Celebrity, the classic was more than adequate.  You still get name brand stuff.  Titos instead of Grey Goose, whatever!

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

I do like higher end liquors, but when we sailed Celebrity, the classic was more than adequate.  You still get name brand stuff.  Titos instead of Grey Goose, whatever!

I agree re: Vodka, but if you're a Scotch or Bourbon drinker, it makes a big difference.  For that reason, I'm upgrading to Premium.  (I like bourbon at night.)  I wish they had Bulleit Bourbon, but they don't.  (only Bulleit Rye)

56 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I agree re: Vodka, but if you're a Scotch or Bourbon drinker, it makes a big difference.  For that reason, I'm upgrading to Premium.  (I like bourbon at night.)  I wish they had Bulleit Bourbon, but they don't.  (only Bulleit Rye)

I drink scotch and bourbon.  To me, it's just not that big of a deal to be worth paying extra for.  I would prefer better but I don't care very much as I just drink fancier stuff at home.   I was perfectly happy with Dewars, Jim Beam, Seagram, and Canadian Club.  I wouldn't pay hundreds extra to get a little fancier whiskey on a cruise.

16 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I wouldn't pay hundreds extra to get a little fancier whiskey on a cruise.

It's $82.60 for me for the entire week to drink the brands I want as well as some specialty slushy pool drinks and smoothies..  Not hundreds. 

For my wife, it's another $82.60 to have better martinis and better wines.  

To each his/her own.  It's worth it to me but I understand it isn't for you.

I'm surprised anyone buys artwork at sea, but many people do.  

We had an all inclusive Classic Package last year and as we had a lot of on board credit we decided to use it to have the Premium Package. For us it just did not work out and was a waste of money. I am sure that it works for others but our message would be for everyone to look at it carefully and pick the package that suits you.

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Just take care that you get the upgrade spirits. I like brandy and there were a number of occasions when we showed the cards and were given the classic brandy rather than the premium one. To many that would not mean much but it was noticeable. Keep an eye on what they give you ...