Coffee on Epic

SLYScorpions

Hello!  My first Norwegian cruise is coming up on Epic March 16 and I am wondering how the coffee is ...where to get the best cup?  I have taken instant Starbucks on my Princess and Royal Caribbean cruises in the past but, hoping to hear that the coffee is good on Norwegian?!  TIA

If I can leave one bit of cruising advice, here it is. Have your room service guy leave plenty of coffee packages in your room at all times. Brink your own powdered creamer. Works well for us. We'll have coffee if desired on deck later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, softl said:

If I can leave one bit of cruising advice, here it is. Have your room service guy leave plenty of coffee packages in your room at all times. Brink your own powdered creamer. Works well for us. We'll have coffee if desired on deck later.

Your room steward will replenish your coffee (do not order from room service unless it is breakfast or you will be charged a delivery fee). 

• Like 1

No Starbucks on the Epic. 

Atrium cafe and the restaurants serve Lavazza for espresso and espresso based drinks. I only drink strong black coffee, either espresso or french press made with lots of coffee. The espresso on the Epic isn’t to my taste; I find it thin, lacking body and tastes sour. 

Not included in the UPB but is included with meals in the restaurants if you book on the UK. 

I just take take a break from my usual coffee addiction and drink earl grey tea on the ship, it’s very good. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Your room steward will replenish your coffee (do not order from room service unless it is breakfast or you will be charged a delivery fee). 

I have seen on these boards that possibly the Haven rooms use Nespresso coffee makers.  Is that correct?  We've had Lavazza in our suites before and it was fine for us, but Nespresso is a step up IMO.

ALL the coffee (that is not Starbucks) is the Lavazza branded on the NCL ships. We love our coffee, and that is the ONE thing that we don't like about our cruises. We're excited that the Bliss has a Starbucks, so we can at least get that. On our TA Epic, the coffee was just about undrinkable, so much so I bought a collapsible pour over to make our own for the next time. NO coffees are included in the UBP that are from the specialty coffee shops. (you can order a plain coffee, and then a baileys or what other liquor you'd like in it separately and mix them together, that way those are no upcharges!) 

23 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Is the cold breakfast and coffee no longer free until 10AM? I've never been charged for coffee and pastries in the morning.

The coffee for the free breakfast room service is still free, from 6 am to 10 am? After that it is a charge. We always order 2 pots of coffee for enjoying on the balcony first thing in the mornings. (and if you don't like your coffee to be super strong, order a pot of hot water to add to it to make it more palatable!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 2:58 AM, Happy2b@sea said:

If you are a solo traveller you can get great coffee any time you like in the Studio Lounge along with tea/cookies etc.

My son's were in the Solo cabins and gave us a tour.  That coffee machine in the lounge was pretty outstanding - Espresso, Macchiato, Latte, etc.   Had a sample and it was as good or better than what I paid $4 at the coffee bar in the atrium....

The cookies were better than most of the desserts at the buffet too...   Lucky buggers.

Just got off the Epic and can also confirm room service of the continental breakfast was still free of service charges.  DW and I had it delivered one of our port days with a pot of coffee and some fruit / pastries.

Also, confirming that the in room coffee pots use the disk filter packs.  Here's a quick pick before I made my morning coffee.

20190329_091247.jpg

46 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

Do all the cabins have coffee makers?

I'm pretty sure balcony and above.  Don't know about inside and Oceanview.  Solos do not, but have espresso / coffee in the solo lounge.