Recent Ruby sailing, where's the bar service....?

Qcruise

I forgot to mention on my review of the Ruby ....we just got off her this past Monday from a four night Santa Barbara/Ensenada sailing and it was very apparent Princess no longer sees a need to have servers around the pool decks or in the theater prior to shows to sell/bring you a drink.   Granted, it was not exactly a "warm weather" cruise.....but each time we went to the theater before shows nobody was offering drinks to the crowd.....nor were we ever seeing any servers around the pool decks asking if you would like a drink.  If you wanted anything you'd have to go up to a bar and get it yourself.  I would think it would be worth it to Princess to pay their staff to push alcohol......but no.  Just think it's odd.  As others have said,  if they push the beverage package and don't make it easier to get drinks why buy it......??

I don't really mind not being bugged all the time to get a drink. If I want one I'm perfectly capable of going to the bar. On the other hand, we seem to always be asked if we want a drink if we get food at the grill or pizza and sit at a table in that area.              

• Like 2

On our end of January Ruby Princess cruise, we also noticed lack of bar service on the lido deck, MUTS, near the adult pool, and in the theater.

One evening in the theater I wanted to order a drink before the show started. I noticed that the solo person that I saw taking drink orders had passed me without taking my order. I left my seat, walked up several steps, waited patiently until he was finished and tried to place an order. The employee snapped at me and basically told me to go sit down. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

On our end of January Ruby Princess cruise, we also noticed lack of bar service on the lido deck, MUTS, near the adult pool, and in the theater.

One evening in the theater I wanted to order a drink before the show started. I noticed that the solo person that I saw taking drink orders had passed me without taking my order. I left my seat, walked up several steps, waited patiently until he was finished and tried to place an order. The employee snapped at me and basically told me to go sit down. 

Did you get his name and report him?  It is possible that he could not provide you service but he could have been polite about it.  

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Did you get his name and report him?  It is possible that he could not provide you service but he could have been polite about it.  

DON

No, I did not get his name. I just sat down and chalked it up to maybe he was having a really bad day. 

I was also on OP's cruise and most bar service was horrible - I found only 1 decent bartender on ship.  One time I had to have the bartender remake our drinks 3 times because he simply didn't listen to the order.  How many times do you have to say stirred not shaken, or up not over.

8 hours ago, Qcruise said:

I forgot to mention on my review of the Ruby ....we just got off her this past Monday from a four night Santa Barbara/Ensenada sailing and it was very apparent Princess no longer sees a need to have servers around the pool decks or in the theater prior to shows to sell/bring you a drink.   Granted, it was not exactly a "warm weather" cruise.....but each time we went to the theater before shows nobody was offering drinks to the crowd.....nor were we ever seeing any servers around the pool decks asking if you would like a drink.  If you wanted anything you'd have to go up to a bar and get it yourself.  I would think it would be worth it to Princess to pay their staff to push alcohol......but no.  Just think it's odd.  As others have said,  if they push the beverage package and don't make it easier to get drinks why buy it......??

Not acceptable!   I hope you addressed this onboard and in your survey!

15 hours ago, jlp20 said:

OK I have to ask the obvious question. Were there drink runners on the ship to begin with? 

Right? We were on for a Cabo cruise and I do not think my order was ever taken, unless up in the upper club late at night. We just always went to the bar and order. I remember back when RC was in our area, they harassed you for your order, so I guess this is not too bad. lol