Brimstone Hill - St. Kitts

beshears

We are planning on doing a tour, and I believe it cost $10 to go through or see Brimstone Hill.ย  If you have been in St. Kitts and have been to Brimstone Hill, can you give me an idea of what we would be seeing there?

4 hours ago, beshears said:

We are planning on doing a tour, and I believe it cost $10 to go through or see Brimstone Hill.๏ปฟย  If you have been in St. Kitts and have been to Brimstone Hill, can you give me an idea of what we would be seeing there?

ย 

We've been there and I loved it.ย  Spectacular views, really interesting history at the fort, and the very pleasant tropical breezes really enhanced our day. It amazes me that they were able to build such a monumental fortress, at the top of the mountain, without the use of modernย  heavy equipment. Simply amazing.ย ย  It was an interesting ride from the cruise port to the fortress and ourย driver pointed out the local sites of interest.ย  ย St. Kitts is without a doubt one of my favorite islands and Iย would go back in a heartbeat.ย 

ย 

If you get a chance to visit the Batik factory on St. Kitts, ( it's close to the fort)ย  by all means do it.ย  Well worth the visit.ย  A quick google search on St. Kitts should provide you with tons of info.ย ย 

If you do this, take an independent tour like with Thenford Grey or others (see the St Kitts boards).ย  it is a very steep climb to get up to the parking lot along a narrow road.ย  And then steep climb to the fort where Alpmac's pictures were taken.ย  The tour will most likely include the batik factory which has beautiful gardens.

ย 

Enjoy your cruise to St Kitts.

• Like 2

Great pictures, and yes it is a beautiful place, and the view is spectacular. ย Have to agree go with a private tour like Thenford Grey, who will customize your trip and take you all over the island to see the best sites. ย We had a great day.

• Like 1

This was one of the highlights in St Kitts for my husband. We both enjoyed the views, but he enjoys military history.ย  We had it as one of the stops on our RCCL excursion that took us around the island to a few different places.ย  ย It is no doubt a crazy ride up the hill on a single lane road. Our van driver did some crazy stuff as tours are constantly coming and going down the road.ย 

• Haha 1

I've done Brimestone Hill as well and loved it.ย  The views are amazing (assuming it isn't raining or foggy.)ย  That being said, I'm a history lover, even more so regarding military history.ย  There are some steep steps, and some of the fortifications are on various parts of the hill that will require walking some steep slopes.

ย 

As for what you will see (and I do see the pictures that have been posted,) you are looking at colonial-era buildings and fortifications.ย  If you like history or scenic views, you should absolutely do this excursion.

• Like 1

Thank you "everyone" for answering my question about Brimstone Hill in St. Kitts.ย  I'll be honest, it has been at least 15 years or more that I was at St. Kitts, and at that time, I found very little to interest me.ย  Someone mention about taking one of the tours that is offered, and it looks like we might do the Rose and Jim tours, as I've read good reports on them.ย  When looking at what they offered, they mentioned the Brimstone Hill, and that is why I was asking about it, since there is a $10 fee to enter the fort. Their tour also offers the Batik Factory as well.

ย 

ย 

4 hours ago, beshears said:

When looking at what they offered, they mentioned the Brimstone Hill,

ย 

Their tour also offers the Batik Factory as well.

The Batik Factory (bright yellow! see the pic)

is pleasantly situated in a tropical garden carved out of the bush

Romney Manor is the name.

ย 

The batik items they offer are astounding. Most ladies find something to buy!

All six pics taken at Romney Manor, Jan. 2008 - but I doubt anything has changed.

Post your pics when you get back!

Batik1.jpg

Caribelle tower.jpg

Caribelle tower2.jpg

Chimney.jpg

Gingerbread1.jpg

Gingerbread2.jpg

14 hours ago, beshears said:

Oh my, just seeing these pictures makes me WANT to be there NOW!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ย ย ย ย  With 5 - 7" of snow still on the ground here, this is a good reason, right??? ๐Ÿ™‚

It's the middle of winter here in St Kitts right now. Only 84f during the day. LOL ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿคฃ

IMG_20190222_093929_188.jpg

Oh how beautiful the picture of St. Kitts looks right now, and so inviting. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  With the 5-7" of snow that we still had on the ground, or in my 185' driveway, I was hoping it would melt some today, when it started raining.ย  Unfortunately when I went out around 10:30 to check on something at my car, ALL of the snow that had started to melt and get mushy, had turned to ICE! ๐Ÿ™‚ I have already had two falls, and don't need anymore.ย  March 31st cannot come soon enough for me to start my trip!! ๐Ÿ™‚