What do the Obstructed views look like ?

Host Hattie

Thank you for posting all of this!  It is great to see what to expect when you book or get a certain cabin.  We had 4136 on QE which was an obstructed oceanview kind of between lifeboats and there was some obstruction, but at least we could see the water and sun so we would book it again.

Edited by alibabacruisers

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Basilon said:

Anyone any pictures of 8109? 🤞

Imagine 8110 flipped. The two sides are almost mirror images. I don't have tools to do it just now.

The clear space will be to right towards stern.

10 hours ago, Basilon said:

Anyone any pictures of 8109? 🤞

4 hours ago, D&N said:

Imagine 8110 flipped. The two sides are almost mirror images. I don't have tools to do it just now.

The clear space will be to right towards stern.

Here it is flipped.

There are thousands of QM2 exterior photos online, Marine Traffic has close to 1,750.

If you compare photos of both sides you'll see that the lifeboats line up with the same features on each side of the ship, which confirms that they are generally identical.

8013, 8014, 8109 & 8110 are probably the clearest of the obstructed. There are a couple around 8045 & 8046 that have a zodiac instead of a lifeboat, and you can see over the zodiac easily.

We originally booked 8014 & 8045 for trips that were cancelled so I looked into the views quite thoroughly although they weren't available for our eventual trip and we had funds to go for an A1.

8109_qm2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's a view from 8049 (which is missing on the list) on QM2 from a most serene crossing in May of 2023. The seas were like this the entire crossing from NY to Southampton.  I've also included a video link from the balcony if that helps anyone. It was a fantastic cabin, both in location and view for the price.

Video from balcony of 8049

And if you're curious as to where we were at this point, Google says we were here.

QM28049.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 7:13 AM, Winifred 22 said:

Thank you I have made a note of this as I like obscured view cabin  for the value of them.

A really good resource is CruiseDeckplans.com -  they have both have free access and a subscription service.    You can select most cruise lines look at the floor plan for each ship and many rooms have photos as well as some have videos.    If there is a yellow circle with camera there are pictures available. 

image.png.e4c177e5e1d8a6731af50d1281871035.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has provided photos and information on this thread. 

I've sailed in a sheltered balcony cabin and didn't like it even though I thought I would (turns out I want to see the water from inside but can't because I'm too short!) so have since sailed in a standard balcony.  I was planning to book one for my next trip but then wondered about the obstructed views, found this thread and now I'm booked into 8013. 

The photos were invaluable to me, being able to see the exact views in each cabin.  Some I definitely wouldn't consider as there's far too much of an obstruction, others I think I would find interesting.  I'm still undecided about those with tenders rather than a lifeboat - it looks like a bus is parked on the balcony but it does have windows which allow more light through and potentially offer more of a view.  When I saw that 8013 was available that was my decision made, I'll give it a try.  I know it's no guarantee but I have asked for my booking to be noted 'no upgrade' as I don't want to be moved to a cabin Cunard consider an upgrade but which has a more obstructed view.

Thank you again.🙂

• Like 2