Single supplement waived for some cruises

HaveDogWillTravel

My Princess vacation planner told me yesterday that Princess is starting to waive the single supplement a bit more now than in the past. There’s a 15 day RT San Francisco April 21 this year and a panama cruise as well that singles only pay the regular per person rate not the double amount that is normal. I’m not able to take those due to work but he put me on his list so I’ll be informed in the future as they come up. I thought others might find this useful. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

My Princess vacation planner told me yesterday that Princess is starting to waive the single supplement a bit more now than in the past. There’s a 15 day RT San Francisco April 21 this year and a panama cruise as well that singles only pay the regular per person rate not the double amount that is normal. I’m not able to take those due to work but he put me on his list so I’ll be informed in the future as they come up. I thought others might find this useful. 

Definitely!  Please keep us posted.

49 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Not offered on the Princess website. Would be nice though so I don't have to sleep in the upper bunk if my sister decides to sail with us.

Theo

I was checking out Hawaii sailings (Emerald Ruby Grand) in March/April yesterday and I got a standby deals email.

They are not selling well. Perhaps that's the reason.

Although I would love to see this on a regular basis I really don't see any incentive for Princess to do this. Most sailings for Princess are sold out.

6 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I was checking out Hawaii sailings (Emerald Ruby Grand) in March/April yesterday and I got a standby deals email.

Although I would love to see this on a regular basis I really don't see any incentive for Princess to do this. Most sailings for Princess are sold out.

I hope you booked the cruise to Hawaii on April 8th.  See you soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Our B2B 7 day cruises for spring from LA have great fares after final payment & they’re already offering paid upgrades (upsells) immediately after final payment.  Guess bookings are also soft on our cruises because we usually don’t get upsells until about 4-6 weeks before sailing.

I agree that in my experience cruises without a solo supplement are due to too many unsold cabins & those fares weren’t available on cruises that are booking well.  As it gets closer to sailing that yield management’s algorithm generates some amazing deals for those who can take advantage of them to fill all cabins.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

Hi Astro Flyer, I'm on the Mexico cruise you are on and have not received an upsell offer.  Can you tell me what you were originally booked and what you upgraded to?  Just curious, if you do not feel comfortable answering, no problem.

29 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Our B2B 7 day cruises for spring from LA have great fares after final payment & they’re already offering paid upgrades (upsells) immediately after final payment.  Guess bookings are also soft on our cruises because we usually don’t get upsells until about 4-6 weeks before sailing.

I agree that in my experience cruises without a solo supplement are due to too many unsold cabins & those fares weren’t available on cruises that are booking well.  As it gets closer to sailing that yield management’s algorithm generates some amazing deals for those who can take advantage of them to fill all cabins.

You too... stay on the ship and continue to Hawaii.  

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I hope you booked the cruise to Hawaii on April 8th.  See you soon.

15 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You too... stay on the ship and continue to Hawaii.  

Renee it’s the Royal...MR & then Coastal to Vancouver where we’ll fly back to Maui. 🤙

Will watch for any deals we can’t refuse to HI on 4/8/19.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1emerald1 said:

Hi Astro Flyer, I'm on the Mexico cruise you are on and have not received an upsell offer.  Can you tell me what you were originally booked and what you upgraded to?  Just curious, if you do not feel comfortable answering, no problem.

On the roll call after Mexico (several of us are doing B2B) some passengers have posted they’ve received an upsell offer to Mexico but none for me in our BV category cabin.

Edited by Astro Flyer

My PCP got me a BD on the New Zealand cruise in November 2019 as solo for $2098

Website this morning says:

Solo 3798

2 pax 1958

So I'm paying $140 solo supplement but I've also got 200 OBC + 100 OBC Shareholders .... not bad 🙂

Edited by Ombud