“LIVE” from Symphony of the Seas, March 9, 2019

On 3/7/2019 at 8:44 PM, niksmom630 said:

What is it about the last day of work before vacation? When it’s literally been crickets all week. emoji2372.png Had grand plans of skating thru my day. Instead it was like a bad game show of what fresh hell awaits me behind door #2

e2dce41bf9bebdd35cf043e6e3a8e60c.jpg

As if that wasn’t bad enough, had to have the “talk” with the pups, (meet Maya and Payton) about our impending departure

0bdfad78ae80467c14301cdfd49d70d1.jpg

Didn’t go well. Stink eyes ensued

de46b05f3ad993f086a42259af95281e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh those sweet puppies! We just had the same talk about our upcoming cruise with our 6 month old golden Luna. 

• Like 1

Had a great day at Nachi. This is our go to spot in Cozumel, and it never disappoints. They sell a limited number of passes, so the property is never over crowded.

It’s an all inclusive package for $55 per person. Nice facilities, WiFi and unlimited drinks and food.

The girls had a lillllllllllll too much fun and sun, and are currently sleeping it off [emoji38]

7af702e594bdec761b73b1c3634a84fc.jpg

5c6a150d3a4f20071179c4e3b86d527d.jpg

04e5df6f22253861641407ba823bc945.jpg

a4fa57fba677f41f1103d73d598915b4.jpg

7c35b71467ecb33eea55a91c09721d1c.jpg

07bab3c602d5d37942a6b51acea00024.jpg

f77e72cab1fa629d1857456cf5f4f71d.jpg

There are service you can add on for a surcharge. Massage, varying prices, parasailing ($75 pp) snorkeling ($35 I think)

We’ve done all of them on previous trips, so it was strictly a beach day for us, although hubby got a 40 minute massage.

The staff is great and attentive. Food and drink delivered to you on the beach.

If only the parents would make sure their kids follow the rules [emoji35]these tykes were in the hot tub the whole time, blocking the swim up bar area

0866c8ea880b757f9cfebc09a020a5c7.jpg

55e5a18639a93c3cabbe93350627d4d6.jpg

Menus below. Note there are no charges for the all inclusive package if you’ve prepaid. The poor woman next to me had a panic attack when she opened the menu. [emoji23]

Highly recommend the grilled shrimp. Literally some of the best I’ve EVER had.

fae1ac3ae7b87dd3d1a943071e1ede83.jpg

973a5ad086afb796ea91911d40f5f712.jpg

54c705a8f44d6dc383f6a0c32d4e2750.jpg

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

Menus below. Note there are no charges for the all inclusive package if you’ve prepaid. The poor woman next to me had a panic attack when she opened the menu. emoji23.png

Highly recommend the grilled shrimp. Literally some of the best I’ve EVER had.

fae1ac3ae7b87dd3d1a943071e1ede83.jpg

973a5ad086afb796ea91911d40f5f712.jpg

54c705a8f44d6dc383f6a0c32d4e2750.jpg

You can't tell me she really thought this was US$$...LOL    Obviously in Pesos

'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

f77e72cab1fa629d1857456cf5f4f71d.jpg

There are service you can add on for a surcharge. Massage, varying prices, parasailing ($75 pp) snorkeling ($35 I think)

We’ve done all of them on previous trips, so it was strictly a beach day for us, although hubby got a 40 minute massage.

The staff is great and attentive. Food and drink delivered to you on the beach.

If only the parents would make sure their kids follow the rules emoji35.pngthese tykes were in the hot tub the whole time, blocking the swim up bar area

That's why kids get a bad rep. It isn't really the kids fault but the fault of parents who don't pay attention to what their kids are doing. Would be nice if the rules were enforced. I think we are becoming old fogies as we are always looking for kid free experiences😊 Thanks for your great review and pictures.

That's why kids get a bad rep. It isn't really the kids fault but the fault of parents who don't pay attention to what their kids are doing. Would be nice if the rules were enforced. I think we are becoming old fogies as we are always looking for kid free experiences[emoji4] Thanks for your great review and pictures.

Funny - I feel like these hot tub signs are required for liability purposes but are not enforced anywhere EVER...not on a ship, not on shore, not at a hotel, not anywhere anymore! (My Best Dr Seuss!)

...and as a result - I pretty much never stop my kids from going in them (although I would absolutely stop them if the resort actually intended to enforce it). I do however expect that if anyone is in with them that they ‘use it like an adult’.

My flame suit is on -

Thanks you so much for sharing your experiences with this review, I am really enjoying it. We are hoping to sail to these same ports next February and you are giving me great ideas for activities in port for me, DH and our two adult kids. How do you get to Nachi Cocom? Many thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

If only the parents would make sure their kids follow the rules emoji35.pngthese tykes were in the hot tub the whole time, blocking the swim up bar area

Our last time in  Cozumel we did Nachi as opposed to the other AIs hoping to avoid kids, was just DH and I.  Minutes after we got there 2 families with small kids showed up and were seated just down from us.  Fortunately the kids were all very well behaved and it was a non issue, but we did have a few anxious moments.  All you parents don't take it the wrong way, have raised my kids, also have grandkids now which we adore,  and like seeing them enjoy themselves but at times prefer a non kid environment.   Since Nachi doesn't have all the bells and whistles had assumed/hoped it would be a quieter more relaxing adult day.

If we had had kids in the hot tubs like you did we probably would have done an "excuse me, trying to get to the adult only bar" loud enough for the parents to hear.  It is a shame that a few have to ruin it for the rest.

BTW, thanks for the great live report.  Much appreciate it, looks like you are having a great time.  A few years ago took our 19 year old on the bar hop, he had some sleeping it off to do that night as well!

• Like 2

Funny - I feel like these hot tub signs are required for liability purposes but are not enforced anywhere EVER...not on a ship, not on shore, not at a hotel, not anywhere anymore! (My Best Dr Seuss!)

...and as a result - I pretty much never stop my kids from going in them (although I would absolutely stop them if the resort actually intended to enforce it). I do however expect that if anyone is in with them that they ‘use it like an adult’.

My flame suit is on -

ha! Very true! ‘Use it like an adult” would generally mean no snorkel gear, water wings and diving toys allowed! [emoji23]

• Haha 1

Those kids look old enough to read, so....

I'm a rule follower, not a "well, everyone else is doing it..." parent - even if there were 20 other kids in there, I would tell my kids "the sign says Adults Only."

• Like 6

Thanks you so much for sharing your experiences with this review, I am really enjoying it. We are hoping to sail to these same ports next February and you are giving me great ideas for activities in port for me, DH and our two adult kids. How do you get to Nachi Cocom? Many thanks in advance.

When you exit the ship follow the signs in port to the taxi station. It was about a 15 minute ride to Nachi.

You can make reservations online with a deposit (ours was $55 for a group of 5) and we paid the balance when we arrived.

Welcome to day 6!

Another early start to the day for me! Some solarium time, followed by our afternoon CC slot pull, dinner in the MDR, and “Flight” are on the agenda [emoji847]

A few tidbits of info....the drink punchcard was available late on Day 4. $85 + gratuity

bfa210b2feaf021479af8cb13ddc5076.jpg

Diamond drink choices

32621db699af6ddce0df9e4f944a0968.jpg