Vibe now over $200 each!

Sky111

I'm sailing the Joy in December to Mexican Riviera, so no Thermal Spa. I booked our angled balcony via CAS, but my fiance would like to relax under the sun without having to be up so early for the pool area. Due to no thermal spa, would Vibe be the best option for this or would Spice H2O work? 

5 minutes ago, donovanrs28 said:

I'm sailing the Joy in December to Mexican Riviera, so no Thermal Spa. I booked our angled balcony via CAS, but my fiance would like to relax under the sun without having to be up so early for the pool area. Due to no thermal spa, would Vibe be the best option for this or would Spice H2O work? 

Spice is a great alternative! Especially if they will have some type of “waterfall” feature!

16 minutes ago, RedRover96 said:

Spice is a great alternative! Especially if they will have some type of “waterfall” feature!

SPICE H20 is Great! Here is a video I made on the Escape

Edited by Laszlo

1 hour ago, donovanrs28 said:

As of now there is no Spice on the Joy. Whether there will be one after the dry dock is anyone’s guess. There is not going to be one on the next sister ship in the series, Encore. 

10 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

As of now there is no Spice on the Joy. Whether there will be one after the dry dock is anyone’s guess. There is not going to be one on the next sister ship in the series, Encore. 

The deck plans online show it's on Deck 17, aren't these the new plans/changes after the dry dock?

25 minutes ago, donovanrs28 said:

The deck plans online show it's on Deck 17, aren't these the new plans/changes after the dry dock?

Yes, sorry, I tried to edit that and couldn't. I was looking at Encore deck plans and meant to look at Joy.  Joy has not been in dry dock yet to update her for her move west.

9 hours ago, Sky111 said:

Agree, I did not see may "Cool Kids" up there nor on this ship nonetheless.  I think NCL and Carnival are either for the very frugal or new cruisers. My mom, who would save Christmas paper and tin foil loved NCL.  I saw most passenger with the peached colored badges meaning they are new cruisers to NCL. 
Although we enjoyed our cruise and the crew was excellent, NCL creates this little irritants that piss me of so much I will not go back.  
A FREE drink package is really $175 for 2 on a 7 day Cruise, does not include bottled water, specialty juices or specialty coffee? If you grab a beer or soda from the Mini bar that is charged! If you order a drink with room service, that too is charged and not on your drink package? - Why would they do this, Was this irritant worth the 2 or 3 coffees or juices I may might have ordered?
The ropes course, open just a few hours per day unless at sea, several bars in popular areas close early, just makes no sense. They spend so much on advertising only to put a fly in the ointment for their passengers once on board it just makes no sense. They could have raised my fare $50 to avoid the irritants. 
Yeah no rush to get a vibe ticket, maybe soon the airlines will follow by making coach and economy passengers stand on the pole so first class has room for a dance floor?

Why would you prefer the Haven to go away? I can rarely afford it but it's a seriously special option if I am ever feeling like I can! When I can't, I just book "regular" and have a blast that way too.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, gmbhardy said:

if prices don’t settle down over the next couple years we will probably go back to all inclusives. 

Like they are a bargain or something.  The prices on all forms of vacation are rising from condo's on the beach, all inclusives and cruising.

On 3/13/2019 at 6:53 PM, Greenpea2 said:

Why would you prefer the Haven to go away? I can rarely afford it but it's a seriously special option if I am ever feeling like I can! When I can't, I just book "regular" and have a blast that way too.

I feel like it eats too much quality real estate on the ship. I know there are compelling reasons to offer those kinds of benefits and I’m sure they’re lovely, but outdoor space is at such a premium I hate seeing it taken away from the general public. 

Go ahead and have giant, luxurious rooms with butler service. I wouldn’t know what to do with a butler and would feel awkward having one, but if others want that, that’s cool. I don’t mind a Haven-only restaurant, that’s fine too. But I’m bothered that so much of the beautiful outdoors are taken up with Haven-exclusive sun decks, hot tubs and a pool.  The giant rooms come with nice balconies, I wish that was enough. 

Its a personal opinion. I acknowledge that it’s probably a weird, minority one at that. 

12 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

But I’m bothered that so much of the beautiful outdoors are taken up with Haven-exclusive sun decks, hot tubs and a pool.

For most ships with a Haven sundeck, there isn't really a lot a of space taken by the Haven. Bliss, Joy, and Encore seem to bother people when compared to Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape because on the previous 3, there was a front-facing view for the general public that was much larger than the front-facing view for the Haven. On the last 3, the Haven completely takes the forward-facing sundeck. 

7 hours ago, Phaedrus78 said:

I feel like it eats too much quality real estate on the ship. I know there are compelling reasons to offer those kinds of benefits and I’m sure they’re lovely, but outdoor space is at such a premium I hate seeing it taken away from the general public. 

Go ahead and have giant, luxurious rooms with butler service. I wouldn’t know what to do with a butler and would feel awkward having one, but if others want that, that’s cool. I don’t mind a Haven-only restaurant, that’s fine too. But I’m bothered that so much of the beautiful outdoors are taken up with Haven-exclusive sun decks, hot tubs and a pool.  The giant rooms come with nice balconies, I wish that was enough. 

Its a personal opinion. I acknowledge that it’s probably a weird, minority one at that. 

I think you have a good point regarding the space issue. There must be a better compromise regarding the pool area. Maybe we don’t need all that water park stuff. But in any case, your point is well taken. Ignore the rude remarks by others. 

On 3/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, sandycruzr said:

Not worth it at all.  We were on the Getaway in February during Presidents week and wanted the Vibe because we knew the ship was sold out and there would be LOTS of kids due to the school holiday.  We got the passes but Spice h20 was actually where we chose to spend most of our time.  Spice also is adults only plus has a nice water feature. We had no problem finding chairs and met some great people.  The Vibe was boring and filled with a not so nice large group that was traveling together.  We did go to the Vibe a few times but felt it was not that great. We did have a great time in the Vibe on the Escape and Posh on Epic in the past though. I won’t spend $400 to go to Vibe...that’s crazy!

Can you tell me where the vibe passes were being sold? I had always gone to headliners but now I'm hearing they are only sold at guest services. This is the first time im hearing of the price increase so now im not so sure it's worth it either.

Does anyone know if the price is the same on shorter cruises? I'm going on a quick getaway for 4 days on the Getaway (no pun intended). This increase is crazy for 7 days but if its also $400 a couple for 4 days  I guess ill be giving up my love for vibe club.. As much as I love vibe it simply isn't worth it at a certain point.

1 hour ago, Lddella said:

Can you tell me where the vibe passes were being sold? I had always gone to headliners but now I'm hearing they are only sold at guest services. This is the first time im hearing of the price increase so now im not so sure it's worth it either.

1 hour ago, Lddella said:

Still Headliners

On 3/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, cruiseguy2424 said:

After reading some replys it is reassuring to know less will be in Vibe. If you cant afford it you probably should not purchase, seems pretty simple. It was WAY to cheap. I applaud the move by NCL.

It’s not really about who can afford it...a lot of these posters take more than 5 cruises a year like I do.  Personally it about the value of it.  On Escape it was great and probably worth it. On Epic Posh was nice but on the Getaway (our last experience) not worth it at all. We have have choices:)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sandycruzr said:

It’s not really about who can afford it...a lot of these posters take more than 5 cruises a year like I do.  Personally it about the value of it.  On Escape it was great and probably worth it. On Epic Posh was nice but on the Getaway (our last experience) not worth it at all. We have have choices:)

I Agree with you, sandycruzr

Just because you can afford something it doesn't mean its worth it to have it. I take anywhere from 4-6 cruises a year and as much as I've always loved Vibe there comes a point where I have to evaluate how much I'm spending for something VS how much use I get out of it. If I don't see the value in it for the $$ i'd rather put it towards a different aspect of the trip.

I'm so torn over this decision for our 3/31 Getaway cruise.. 

We have really enjoyed VIBE on the Escape my last 2 cruises but doubling the price is a lot to swallow.  On the other hand we had already planned to stay on the ship for 2 of the 4 ports so it may still be worth it.

Main reason I am still considering it is that we are both shy and it kind of forces you to meet people and have a good time with new friends.  Some of which we still keep in touch with.

40 minutes ago, hawkman402 said:

I'm so torn over this decision for our 3/31 Getaway cruise.. 

We have really enjoyed VIBE on the Escape my last 2 cruises but doubling the price is a lot to swallow.  On the other hand we had already planned to stay on the ship for 2 of the 4 ports so it may still be worth it.

Main reason I am still considering it is that we are both shy and it kind of forces you to meet people and have a good time with new friends.  Some of which we still keep in touch with.

We must have always booked the vibe for the opposite reason.. We want to NOT have to be social and make friends (as bad as that sounds). We always saw the vibe as the perfect place to be left alone and have a few drinks in peace and quiet. 😂

We're sailing on the Getaway on 4/9, not sure if we'll try for the vibe this time either.  Also, just found out through another thread that reservations are required for Shanghai noodle house now, which never used to be like that so dont forget to make reservations if you plan to go for a snack :) 

3 minutes ago, Lddella said:

We must have always booked the vibe for the opposite reason.. We want to NOT have to be social and make friends (as bad as that sounds). We always saw the vibe as the perfect place to be left alone and have a few drinks in peace and quiet. 😂

We're sailing on the Getaway on 4/9, not sure if we'll try for the vibe this time either.  Also, just found out through another thread that reservations are required for Shanghai noodle house now, which never used to be like that so dont forget to make reservations if you plan to go for a snack 🙂

Thanks for the tip.  We'll try and leave her in good condition!

• Like 1