Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Andee

Brazilian visa

Recommended Posts

As of June 17, 2019, people from USA, Canada, and Australia will no longer need a visa to visit Brazil.

Although the eVisa was only $44.24 (good for 2 years) and only mildly cumbersome to get, it's nice not to need one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting. I wish I new sooner. Just received my eVisa for next years cruise. 

All the Best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a story in Mercopress today that searches for flights to Brazil from N. America, Japan  and Australia have gone up considerably since this change was announced.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is great!    I thought we were lucky with the change to evisa for our visit earlier this year, this is even better news.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news, Brazil has a new President that is more friendly to the USA.  We avoided Brazil because of the incredible and awful visa that once was required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 4:37 AM, 4774Papa said:

Great news, Brazil has a new President that is more friendly to the USA.  We avoided Brazil because of the incredible and awful visa that once was required.

Just so you know, the reason they required what they did was because the US required it of Brazilians.  Tit for tat.  And that new president is scary as all get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, clo said:

Just so you know, the reason they required what they did was because the US required it of Brazilians.  Tit for tat.  And that new president is scary as all get out.

clo, I am aware of why Brazil imposed its visa requirement.   The USA requirement made more sense because Brazilians would overstay  their visas, while don't think may Americans want to illegal overstay in Brazil.

 

At least the new President is more of a friend of the USA and unlike the last two Presidents of Brazil that were corrupt and one impeached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 4774Papa said:

while don't think may Americans want to illegal overstay in Brazil.

We actually had to overstay our - at that time 90 day - visa due to a Dept of Agriculture strike there whereby we couldn't get our dog out.

 

Yes, Lula and Dilma were crooked whereas this guy is scary.  I think a lot of Brazilians who felt he was their only choice are starting to wonder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 10:17 PM, Andee said:

As of June 17, 2019, people from USA, Canada, and Australia will no longer need a visa to visit Brazil.

 

 

I saw that on the US State Department website, but I couldn't find confirmation on the Brazilian Consulate website. Does anyone have a link to the correct site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here we sit with our ten year visa that still has a number of years to run.  Oh, well, it's a good looking thing glued into our passport. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, clo said:

And here we sit with our ten year visa that still has a number of years to run. 

Oh, well, it's a good looking thing glued into our passport. 🙂

WE applied and received our Brazilian visas just before the announcement,

that they were no longer needed.

In November, we will present them anyway.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, $hip$hape said:

WE applied and received our Brazilian visas just before the announcement,

that they were no longer needed.

In November, we will present them anyway.😊

As will we - PROUDLY 🙂 - in December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...