Locating Roll Calls

Why has it been so difficult to locate a roll call for the 3/28 sailing of the Grandeur OTS? I am not alone...many have posted messages noting the same frustration.

I tried to find a roll call many months ago and Nothing showed. So...I went to FB. There was a roll call. Having been a member of CC for something like 19 years...I really prefer the comfort of CC.  

Last week I tried again to find a roll call. Nothing showed but I keep clicking on "cannot find your roll call"...and after going around the "barn" several times...I located a Roll Call that was started in Dec 2017. So...Why was it so difficult to find this roll call?

The find your roll call tool is not working, and has not worked for some time.  You have to go to the Grandeur Roll call sub forum, and scroll until you find it.   

As an alternate, once you get to the Grandeur sub forum, you can put in your dates of 3 28, and select search in this forum; all of my search terms words; and content titles only, and it should come up in that search. 

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Because the people who started and named the thread didn’t use the naming convention that the CC indexer likes. 

Agree, Then there is people start a second Roll Call or fact 3 of my future Cruises in 2020/2021 don't even have a Roll Call yet

1 hour ago, JMG said:

Why has it been so difficult to locate a roll call for the 3/28 sailing of the Grandeur OTS? I am not alone...many have posted messages noting the same frustration.

I tried to find a roll call many months ago and Nothing showed. So...I went to FB. There was a roll call. Having been a member of CC for something like 19 years...I really prefer the comfort of CC.  

Last week I tried again to find a roll call. Nothing showed but I keep clicking on "cannot find your roll call"...and after going around the "barn" several times...I located a Roll Call that was started in Dec 2017. So...Why was it so difficult to find this roll call?

CC Quote:

• Our Roll Call Tool is experiencing technical difficulties; new Roll Calls are not being added to the tool.  Locate your Roll Call by browsing the specific ship Roll Call forum; then don't forget to "bookmark", favorite or follow the topic.
  • Please review our Hints & Tips for a Successful Roll Call!  Includes specifics about Shore Excursions as well - Roll Calls & Shore Excursions

CC Quote:
  • Our Roll Call Tool is experiencing technical difficulties; new Roll Calls are not being added to the tool.  Locate your Roll Call by browsing the specific ship Roll Call forum; then don't forget to "bookmark", favorite or follow the topic.
  • Please review our Hints & Tips for a Successful Roll Call!  Includes specifics about Shore Excursions as well - Roll Calls & Shore Excursions

Maybe it would be helpful if CC put the notice on the roll call pages, instead of at the side of the main page. Many people don’t see it there.

Plus, it doesn’t show up at all, if using Tapatalk

Past Reviews post 184

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe it would be helpful if CC put the notice on the roll call pages, instead of at the side of the main page. Many people don’t see it there.

The notice is on the side of the Roll Call pages, unless you are on a phone or in mobile view on a tablet (in the case of my iPad, a vertical orientation), in which case it’s at the bottom of the screen, where it’s pretty much unseen.

In any event, regardless of placement, it’s apparent that many folks aren’t seeing the notice.  It’s not in color nor does it stand out.  (A banner in color at the top of the Roll Call pages would be more visible.) I also think many folks don’t even look at the right side of the pages.

13 hours ago, JMG said:

Why was it so difficult to find this roll call?

That took me about 15 seconds. (It took much longer to type that list of things that I did.) I really struggle to understand why this seems to be so difficult for so many CCers.

It would probably help, though, if CC were simply to disable the roll call forum finder tool completely, so that nobody is misled by it.

The notice is on the side of the Roll Call pages, unless you are on a phone or in mobile view on a tablet (in the case of my iPad, a vertical orientation), in which case it’s at the bottom of the screen, where it’s pretty much unseen.

Strange, because it doesn’t show up at all on my iPhone, nor does it on a landscape orientation on an iPad until you get several screens in.

Many may open this screen, which doesn’t display the notice.

7a23e705096fef62ca8626ecd18f9db9.jpg

Then they scroll to the roll call, and try to find it.

a6a75d040e91711ffd0c8d42f445d0fa.jpg

Which takes them to this screen, which also does not display it.

f06ab2d650c938bb86082961dc2c9bed.jpg

Only when they click the link that you can’t find your roll call, does it take you to a page where the notice is.

They just really need to make the experience consistent across devices. It should not be that difficult.

Maybe they need a color banner like they put up this week when they were doing the last update.

Past Reviews post 184

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe they need a color banner like they put up this week when they were doing the last update.

That would seem to be one option.  Frankly,  since the Roll Call finder tool has not worked since mid-December or so,  unless a fix is imminent, it might just be better to take down all the "find your Roll Call" links; they don't work, and people just get frustrated.  I think some just give up.

52 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Strange, because it doesn’t show up at all on my iPhone, nor does it on a landscape orientation on an iPad until you get several screens in.

On my iPhone, it shows up at the bottom of the screen; below is one example, the Categories home page.  (But again, I doubt most folks see it way down there.)

enhance