Edge Closets & Storage

LorraineP

27 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

I am baffled by this, does the inside room have more storage in a smaller room?

706FD5F2-224D-453D-93F1-CE49410BF0F9.jpeg

7DB81825-B262-4948-B3C0-7A5FBDA33453.jpeg

94DB1A4E-94FB-41D9-927A-3AC05BE620F5.jpeg

Yes, you have more storage.  Your safe is not in the closet and you have 3 additional shelves above your safe.  Did you lose storage from somewhere else?  In the Aqua Class the safe was in the closet with no shelves above it.

15 minutes ago, Lovecruising50 said:

Yes, you have more storage.  Your safe is not in the closet and you have 3 additional shelves above your safe.  Did you lose storage from somewhere else?  In the Aqua Class the safe was in the closet with no shelves above it.

No not at all, this was the most well thought out room we have stayed in, with the most storage, the shower was awesome too. If we used half of the storage space we had I would be surprised. 

The only thing I was clueless on was the drawer beneath the sink. My wife clued me in a couple of days in. 

0EE6EDEC-1AF5-4829-92DA-39C24867C20A.jpeg

E08088D6-D452-4B49-87AB-E25A4BFB6D49.jpeg

Edited by cgolf1

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

IamSea

Thanks for posting the photos..,looks like you organized the space very well.  You had more shoes than we did but fewer hanging clothes.  Idea of the heavy duty  magnet is a good one!

Our shower leaked but they retrofitted some type of plastic guard that kept water in for the most part.,....

All but two pairs of shoes were mine. :classic_biggrin:  I doubled up my slacks on hangars.  I pack heavily, My clothes went all the way back into the deep recesses of the closet.  I used the closet drawers, while my DH had the entire dresser for his clothes.

Glad that a solution has been made to the shower leak.

2 hours ago, realnice46 said:

One reason we like cruising is that you are able to unpack everything. If I wanted to keep things in suitcase I would do a land vacation. Laundry is not a good option for my drip dry tops, as the super hot water they use in laundry would ruin them. I do use the dry cleaners. I think the answer for Celebrity is not to cut down on current storage which has worked very well, especially on Solstice class with the over the bed storage, so much less to hang. We do have all wooden hangers and robes removed to give us more space.

Hadn't read anything before about Celebrity's guest laundry being washed in extra hot water.  Has anyone had shrinkage issues especially with 100% cotton?   Would hate to send out laundry and have clothes not fit when returned especially when trying to pack light.  

Also mentioned was the $49.95 bulk laundry charge.  Considering the high price how big is the bag? 

Carole

6 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

My clothes went all the way back into the deep recesses of the closet.  I used the closet drawers, while my DH had the entire dresser for his clothes.

Our exact plan for our Sunday cruise.  Thanks for the pix.

17 minutes ago, caroak said:

Hadn't read anything before about Celebrity's guest laundry being washed in extra hot water.  Has anyone had shrinkage issues especially with 100% cotton?   Would hate to send out laundry and have clothes not fit when returned especially when trying to pack light.  

Also mentioned was the $49.95 bulk laundry charge.  Considering the high price how big is the bag? 

Carole

I shouldn't have said extra hot, but I was all my clothes in cold water and drip dry them to prevent shrinkage. I doubt there dryers are set for cool dry. Check with your room steward. As elite we usually get 2 bags of laundry free, they are made of paper and aren't very large. Also when sending clothes for dry clean be sure to use separate bag and write in big letter dry clean only. I had a pair of capris come back laundered and just folded not dry cleaned as indicated and they shrunk. Celebrity offered to press them, but too late they were unwearable.

21 minutes ago, caroak said:

Carole

We never send out anything we think may shrink or be lost! They do a good job but it's a mass production laundry ( we saw it on our all access tour) . 

We get the Elite laundry perk  of 1 bag each..limited # of items . We send out  white undies and socks in one bag... and the other for dark socks and tees ( non delicate) .

I think $49.95 is expensive!.  

Funny,  we also divided drawer space same way as the other couples

1 hour ago, caroak said:

Carole

Standard Celebrity laundry bags, which are quite a decent size. I was surprised how much laundry I could fit in the bag. I estimated it would have cost over $120 if it wasn't the bulk special.

2 hours ago, Oville said:

Our exact plan for our Sunday cruise.  Thanks for the pix.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Funny,  we also divided drawer space same way as the other couples

It was so easy for me getting ready.  DH would pull his things out of the closet and then I had the whole thing to myself. I would sit on the edge of the bed to get into the drawers.   I would hang the outfit, that I planned to wear at night, on the magnet across from the bathroom. My shoes were supper easy to get to. No rummaging in the bottom of the closet.

PS - I forgot to mention that I brought collapsible containers for the bedside tables.  I was only able to use one...on my side.  They were too big for the top opening, and for DH's entire table.

Edited by Iamthesea