Edge Closets & Storage

LorraineP

Yes that’s all there is for hanging clothes.  If you fold a lot of your clothes you might be all right.  It was tight for us on a seven night cruise because I hang virtually all my clothes.  I can’t imagine it for a transatlantic.  

Edited by WestLakeGirl

This is terrible!  Space is already very limited in the current closets. I bring a magnetic hook with an attached ring and hang a few clothes on that. I may need a second one for the "revolutionized" ships. Any "knobs" on the back of the bathroom door, as is currently? I believe they have also removed the over the bed storage. 

Yup.. we were on a 7 night E Carib cruise  in AQ Class. We do not repeat tops  unless worn for a short time and they are not sweaty .Hard in the Carib.

We used the left side for my dresses, including one  chic night  outfit that was a bit poufy,  and  other outfits with pants and tops. 

Shorter  hanging area on the right was used for dh pants and shirts. He did not bring a suit or sports jacket.

We exchanged the bulky robes hung in the closet for thinner ones,  and used bathroom hooks for those.We removed the excercise mats from the closet ( left side) and stored them under the setee ( couch)

It did all fit but the  hanging clothes were  a bit squashed.

Drawers and cubbies were plentiful for  folded clothes, shoes and accessories...caps etc.

Going to be VERY interesting when we return to EDGE for a 9 night cruise to the ABC s.

Appears that  the designer Kelly Hoppen  does not have a  very big cruise wardrobe or any inkling of what  cruisers wear!  Standard IV cabin  hanging closet space  is sparse!  But it's only for a short time ..

• Like 3

Two knobs on bathroom door.  No over-bed storage as on S Class.  No knobs in the entryway.  

As as I wrote when I got back, it was marginally adequate for one person for 7 nights.  It will be a real problem for two (or more!) on a transatlantic.

5 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Oh no!!!  Can’t believe they would only have one small closet. 

You can double the amount of clothing that will fit in the closet by removing those thick wooden hangers and replacing them with thin, wire ones.

Just ask your stateroom attendant (or butler) for them.

When it comes to closet space, for us practicality trumps appearance. 😉

• Like 1

A fine example of the designer not having ever cruised.  It might be marginally ok on a 5-7 day cruise in hot weather where you can bring t shirts etc that can be folded but useless on a longer cruise or a cold weather cruise with bulky items.  Somebody at Celebrity must have approved this.  Perhaps they have also never actually cruised!

• Like 2

Hi, if I remember correctly the nightstand has one drawer and a very large cubby hole.  No over the bed storage, but there are shelves to the left of the closet (between the closet and the bathroom).  The closet is ridiculous!!!!  Experienced cruisers should have been consulted prior to designing the EDGE.  I hope they do not mess up the other class ships with this ridiculous design.  I was on a B2B (14 days) and it was difficult!!!!!  Do bring magnetic hooks so you can hang some things on the cabin wall.  We were in Aqua class.  

Alakegirl, you are probably right, same mistakes / mishaps will be on the APEX and most likely all of the EDGE class ships.  That's what happens when one thinks they are perfect and rollout before the reviews are in.   Depending on what changes they make on the Silhouette next year, December 2019 may be my last cruise on Celebrity - see my review of the EDGE

• Like 1

Hi, your cabin steward should be able to provide you with some.  Bing a lot of foldable clothes.  I always pack foldable plastic hangers.  You can find them on Amazon.  You can also pack wire hangers in your suitcase between the layers of clothes, then leave them behind for the next person.

Edited by Lovecruising50
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lovecruising50 said:

Hi, it seems like Cruise Critic did not approve of my review or it was deleted.  I have resubmitted the review.  I will check back to see if it gets posted.

Sometimes it takes at least 3 weeks or more to have the review published.  How long ago did you submit it?

15 hours ago, Magik Bee said:

The packing will be ok for 9 nights unless you bring a ridiculous amounts of stuff. That will make sense when you try it. Basically don't bring everything you own.🤣🤣🤣

Just curious, how many 9  night Celebrity cruises have you been on?

We have been on many, when we had closets not cupboards,  and  know how to pack for a 9 night cruise.!  It will be tight even without suit jackets for dh  or long  dresses .

Are you related to Bee Rizzle?