Viking Sea Incident

Clay Clayton

Shortly after the Captain’s daily noon time announcement today, the trivia contest was interrupted by the ding dong ding and him asking for everyone’s attention to inform us of a serious incident.  As you can imagine after last week’s events on Sky, there was immediate silence. 

The Captain informed us that a storeroom has flooded and most of the toilet paper aboard was no longer usable. He asked guests to come to the Living Room to pick up their cabin’s ration of what was left. He stated he would need to use it sparingly as we have five more days before we get to Madeira.  

Most of us in the theatre started laughing recognizing the April Fool’s Day joke but apparently many folks (including my DMIL actually went to the Living Room where housekeeping was handing out rolls!

Shortly thereafter, the Captain came on and wishes everyone a Happy April Fool’s Day!

47EF300F-2921-43A7-B06A-EBC44964F1DA.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, gretschwhtfalcon said:

Best since the one last year about Disney's new Lion King show in Antarctica!  I needed the humor today after being interviewed by the local newspaper about the evac on the Sky. 

Glad I could bring a smile....methinks the captain wasn't thrilled when I showed him my post....i think he was worried he would get in trouble, but he smiled when I told him it had received a number of 👍

On 4/1/2019 at 9:06 PM, Clay Clayton said:

Shortly after the Captain’s daily noon time announcement today, the trivia contest was interrupted by the ding dong ding and him asking for everyone’s attention to inform us of a serious incident.  As you can imagine after last week’s events on Sky, there was immediate silence. 

The Captain informed us that a storeroom has flooded and most of the toilet paper aboard was no longer usable. He asked guests to come to the Living Room to pick up their cabin’s ration of what was left. He stated he would need to use it sparingly as we have five more days before we get to Madeira.  

Most of us in the theatre started laughing recognizing the April Fool’s Day joke but apparently many folks (including my DMIL actually went to the Living Room where housekeeping was handing out rolls!

Shortly thereafter, the Captain came on and wishes everyone a Happy April Fool’s Day!

If we remember correctly, that Captain is Norwegian, right?

So who said that Norwegians are staid and do not have a sense of humour? Good for him !!!