Cuba 2020 Itin changed to Bahama

laumicmah

2 hours ago, laumicmah said:

I would cruise them again as they did do the right thing.

I'm so glad they did.

This is making me nervous. We booked specifically for Cuba. I am also a teacher - but of adults at a major medical institution. I have no back up, so I have to book my schedule way in advance so we can have our classes scheduled accordingly. I am getting ready to buy our flights and book our hotel. If they were to change us to Nassau I'd just go crazy I'm afraid. LOL!

Glad it's worked out but what a scary feeling while it lasted!

As someone who doesn't usually empathize with the complainers, this scenario was a poor move by Carnival. Stuff happens, itineraries change. Cuba is a destination cruise and usually a more expensive one. To not allow a complete cancellation isn't reasonable. I'm glad they fixed it in the end.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I've been debating adding a 6-day Magic cruise which is a ship I'd like with multiple ports I'd like...or a 5-day Cuba cruise on a ship I don't want to go on...a cruise where Cuba is the only attraction. This has me thinking of just continuing to put Cuba off. Flying to Florida to go on an old ship to Nassau doesn't sound good at all. I can drive to New Orleans or Galveston and do that.

Did you look at the Sunshine out of Charleston for a five day Cuba/Key West trip? It is newer than the Sensation/Paradise, and has many features that the Carnival Magic has! 

Edited by jbethel11
forgot to add where it is going

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

Did you look at the Sunshine out of Charleston for a five day Cuba/Key West trip? It is newer than the Sensation/Paradise, and has many features that the Carnival Magic has! 

It doesn’t have the features I like about the Dream Class.

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It doesn’t have the features I like about the Dream Class.

What specifically are you talking about? The only things I can think of off the top of my head is the Lanai and Cove Balconies.

12 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

What specifically are you talking about? The only things I can think of off the top of my head is the Lanai and Cove Balconies.

Lanai, ocean plaza, bigger alchemy bar, comedy club. On sunshine they made the original comedy club into additional staterooms and moved the comedy club to a smaller bar down a deck...smaller and right where people can walk through in the middle of shows.

I’d prefer a Fantasy Class ship  that still has its original comedy club and has added an alchemy bar over the Sunshine.

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Lanai, ocean plaza, bigger alchemy bar, comedy club. On sunshine they made the original comedy club into additional staterooms and moved the comedy club to a smaller bar down a deck...smaller and right where people can walk through in the middle of shows.

I’d prefer a Fantasy Class ship  that still has its original comedy club and has added an alchemy bar over the Sunshine.

Oh, got you! When I was on the Sunshine I never knew of any such changes! Anyway, how do I get the boxes saying "jbethel11 is sailing on Carnival Dream, etc. in my signature? I see a lot of people have it!

17 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh, got you! When I was on the Sunshine I never knew of any such changes! Anyway, how do I get the boxes saying "jbethel11 is sailing on Carnival Dream, etc. in my signature? I see a lot of people have it!

Yeah sunshine used to be destiny before it underwent that massive change. It was what Triumph and Victory are...before they change.

21 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Paste the code into your signature

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Having been on the Dream last month, the Punchliner and Alchemy arrangements were disappointing. After hearing over and over how the Dream class is never croweded, it was worse than I have ever encountered. I showed up 15 minutes early to a bunch of the early shows, and couldn't get a decent area to stand. The Alchemy was no bigger, and rarely had seats.

Edited by Joebucks

On 4/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, Saint Greg said:

That’s pretty scary there. They’re charging more money for people to go on old ships to Cuba...because it’s Cuba. I’d be so mad if I booked that and they changed it.

New ships are too big. Old ships are in line with the destition where you can pay a premium to ride in old cars. I'm looking forward to that.

20 hours ago, laumicmah said:

John Heald, on FB, claims that the port was closed for repairs and out of their control. But my e-mail from Carnival states the itin was changed due to port congestion. 

Anyway, I am guessing this year's Cuba itins will not be affected. If either reason, I just mentioned, is true. 

Yes, the port closing for repairs is out of their control. But wasn't out of their control is the ability to waive the non-refundable deposit for Early Saver. This is a totally different cruise. I'd keep escalating.

33 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

New ships are too big. Old ships are in line with the destition where you can pay a premium to ride in old cars. I'm looking forward to that.

If they can send sunshine they should at least be able to send a conquest class ship. Maybe they’d be offended by a ship named Freedom over there.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

If they can send sunshine they should at least be able to send a conquest class ship. Maybe they’d be offended by a ship named Freedom over there.

Perhaps. About the same number of passengers, but Conquest class is longer, with larger displacement.

31 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Perhaps. About the same number of passengers, but Conquest class is longer, with larger displacement.

Like 50 feet. It doesn't really matter. As a person who lives driving distance from three ports I'm not going to fly to florida to get on a ship I don't want to cruise on if the only destination I want is cuba and they could change it. Even if it were changed during the cruise due to weather it would be a ruined trip. Any other place they'd redirect us would likely be a place I could get to on a better ship without having to fly to the port.

Edited by Saint Greg

16 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

19 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

The Sunshine was the one I was booked on that got a changed itin to Nassau....so beware.

Oh yeah. I'm not going to SC to get on a cruise and I'm not getting on sunshine either. I like the comedy shows too much to subject myself to that small club with people walking through to get to dinner.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, Saint Greg said:

Virgin Voyages can send Scarlet Lady there so, Carnival could for sure send the Conquest Class could definitely dock there too!

Edited by jbethel11