Back to back

Buck Turgidson

1 minute ago, Buck Turgidson said:

I've been on a few cruises but never a back to back. If I book the same stateroom do I have to get off the ship on disembark day of the first week, I'm looking at two seven day cruises on Carnival or Princess. Thank you

Don't know about the lines like Carnival or Princess but almost all of our Oceania cruises are multi-segment (either marketed as a single "extended" cruise or arranged as a "custom combination" cruise). All have used the same cabin across segments. And, while there's never been a need to pack up anything, Oceania has required us to vacate the ship for purposes of customs/immigration clearance (for the ship more so than for the individual passengers).

7 minutes ago, Buck Turgidson said:

I've been on a few cruises but never a back to back. If I book the same stateroom do I have to get off the ship on disembark day of the first week, I'm looking at two seven day cruises on Carnival or Princess. Thank you

If the turn around day is in a US port, typically, yes, you will debark the ship and reboard after checking in again.

If you have the same room on both cruises, you can leave most of your things there, but you'll need to take whatever paperwork necessary for checking in again (including your ID).  Not a bad idea to bring something along to pass the time, as your actual time off the ship could vary.

Did B2B on NCL Jade and turnaround was in Venice, Italy.  We did not have to leave ship.  All B2B passengers met in one of the lounges; and we were given new cruise keys.  We kept same stateroom and did not have to take anything with us.  We did go ashore into Venice for the day; when we came back to the ship there was a line just for B2B passengers; so we didn't have to get in normal line

I did a B2B on Royal Caribbean. We had to leave the ship and go into a room in the terminal. We were there maybe 1/2 hour, then were given our new keys and allowed back on the ship. The crew must "clear" the ship of all passengers, Once that is done, you are allowed back on board. Since we were not changing rooms, we could go to our room and we had the run of the ship. RCI provided a special lunch in the dining room for anyone who was doing the B2B.