Can you request dinner table size?

twinkiegrl333

You can email the maitre d' a week before your sailing with your request.  I have done this a number of times successfully.  I would send the email the day after embarkation day of the cruise right before yours.  If see you are from Maryland if you are sailing on the Pride here is the email address: prmaitred@carnival.com. 

If you have anytime dining, you don't need to worry about it. Simply ask for a table for 2 when you get to the hostess stand. They'll seat you at a table for 2. The 2 tops are very close together though, so someone will still be sitting next to you. When we travel with our kids, we get a table for 4 and there's nobody next to us.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, summersigh said:

you can also go to "posts" on John Heald's FB page 4 or 5 days before you sail and he will forward your request to the appropriate maitre d.  Include your sailing date and cabin number.

This method is most likely to fail.  A number of people respond for John.  Seeing the Maitre at embark is always the best method.  

1 hour ago, summersigh said:

you can also go to "posts" on John Heald's FB page 4 or 5 days before you sail and he will forward your request to the appropriate maitre d.  Include your sailing date and cabin number.

From what I've read this is the best way to get a table for two. I guess he usually has some sort of gift sent to your room also.

55 minutes ago, jerrya72 said:

From what I've read this is the best way to get a table for two. I guess he usually has some sort of gift sent to your room also.

It's ONE way. You can confirm once onboard and request a change with the Maitre'd, if you don't like your seating arrangements.

As far as "gifts," yes, he will accommodate for birthdays/anniversaries/special occasions, etc for those that ask and are polite and say "thank you." Please note that there are others who monitor his visitor posts feed and sometimes they will handle these requests on his behalf.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

This method is most likely to fail.  A number of people respond for John.  Seeing the Maitre at embark is always the best method.  

If he still has tables that meet your request available.  On a recent cruise of ours he did not.😕

23 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

If all else fails see the MD day of embarkation at time shown on fun times

I agree, in person is much better. It's much easier to say no on an email as it is to your face. 

give the Maitre'd a good pouty face.

• Like 1

We booked our last cruise through our PVP.  We had two cabins and asked her to link our reservations and to try for a table of four for late dining.  When we arrived on board, that is exactly what we received.  I’ve noticed that late, assigned dining is usually not at capacity; seating arrangements seem to be more flexible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, summersigh said:

If he still has tables that meet your request available.  On a recent cruise of ours he did not.😕

John doesn't have the authority to overrule the Maitre.  If there are no tables, there are no tables.

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

John doesn't have the authority to overrule the Maitre.  If there are no tables, there are no tables.

I would not expect that John could overrule the maitre d but that perhaps a change could be made by the maitre d before there is a line requesting changes once aboard.

We emailed the Maitre 'D about a week before our recent cruise to request a table for two. We didn't hear anything back but had been granted the table we wanted when we arrived on board. I would imagine it's worth trying this method or the Facebook one, and then you can check after you get on board. If it's not the one you want you can then speak to the MD personally.