Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

2 hours ago, Panda Monium said:

Photos show Royal Caribbean's Icon of the Seas construction progress - October 5, 2022 | 

Some great photos in this blog post.

There is a glimpse of that odd yellow block next to the ship.

Too bad you didn't read the whole post:

"Since these are exclusive photos, please do not redistribute these photos. Feel free to share a link to this article instead."

Edited by carlosalonsor
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

image.png.e3c604a17562b7fcc012b4babec59f30.png

The angle of these windows and the angle of the bridge looks like any light turned on in the room will be more problematic than most other ship designs to viewing from the bridge. You probably wont even be allowed to peek out of those at night.  But it looks like they will have a nice view into the bridge windows.

31 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

image.png.e3c604a17562b7fcc012b4babec59f30.png

The angle of these windows and the angle of the bridge looks like any light turned on in the room will be more problematic than most other ship designs to viewing from the bridge. You probably wont even be allowed to peek out of those at night.  But it looks like they will have a nice view into the bridge windows.

Are those third windows even part of the bridge itself? Or do you mean the main windows which are still covered?

Edited by Eremita85

45 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

They are not exclusive to that site, and the point of the sentence on that site is merely to drive traffic to the site. That was my point, and still is.

You are incorrect, and it's insulting how you assume this.

I paid a gentleman that lives in Finland to fly a drone and take the photos. Each time I've done it, he's taken photos on my behalf, because I comissioned it.

So, yes, they are exclusive to the site.

Here is proof that I paid the person and the photo are exclusive to Royal Caribbean Blog

1761987831_Screenshot-2022-10-05T193545_647.thumb.png.28a7402b6c1f4a5e6566a74da22efd15.png

Please take the photos down in this thread. You can keep the link.

Thank you

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Matt Hochberg said:

You are incorrect, and it's insulting how you assume this.

I paid a gentleman that lives in Finland to fly a drone and take the photos. Each time I've done it, he's taken photos on my behalf, because I comissioned it.

So, yes, they are exclusive to the site.

Here is proof that I paid the person and the photo are exclusive to Royal Caribbean Blog

1761987831_Screenshot-2022-10-05T193545_647.thumb.png.28a7402b6c1f4a5e6566a74da22efd15.png

Please take the photos down in this thread. You can keep the link.

Thank you

I didn't post the photos, so I cannot take them down. Direct your request to those that actually posted the photos. I don't share photos of anything that I did not photograph myself.

I admit it appears my assumption about your photos was wrong. However, it is quite odd that you would post the receipt, as you have nothing to prove to me, or anyone else on the internet. Anyhow, still not my problem.

On 10/2/2022 at 5:44 PM, Fairsky84 said:

I've been trying to figure out how this outline of Icon we've seen in many places fits with what's actually taking shape in Turku. I overlaid the silhouette on the actual ship in this image. The new blocks added to the top deck just don't seem to line up well and may make the ship look far less sleek than the silhouette would suggest. Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

IMG_2327.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjZDW0brmea/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Screenshot_2022-10-07-09-40-58-167_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Edited by DaniMSCRoyal_85
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mrpie90 said:

When will this ship be available to book?

What itinerary will it be doing and when?

Michael Bayley stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in 2023 it’s going to be around October time."

8 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Michael Bayley stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in 2023 it’s going to be around October time."

Only for a couple sailings then it is heading to Miami for the winter.  Unknown where it will be deployed for summer 2024

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are going to be crossed an awfully long time.  She'll either stay in Miami or sail from Europe

Yeah, I anticipated them keeping #1 in Miami, at least until #2 comes out.  Now, in 2025, maybe they can put Icon 2 in Miami and give us the OG... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1