Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thanks. never fast enough on this site. 🙂

ha!  That is true. But when Royal announced they'd be releasing the new video today at 10 am eastern time, I know a massive amount of us were online watching it, as soon as it went 'live'.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

Yes. It's here two:

IMG_20220923_000829.jpg

Unfortunately, no. That is not part of the AquaDome diving structure. The dome is at the other end of the ship and 5 decks up. 🙂 

The areas that you circled connect to the white border of the deck 7 Boardwalk.

2020.thumb.jpg.827057ffa46218dbf5f8d379f97869bf.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Lamentablemente no. Eso no es parte de la estructura de buceo AquaDome. La cúpula está en el otro extremo del barco y 5 cubiertas más arriba. 🙂  Las áreas que encerraste en un círculo se conectan con el borde blanco del paseo marítimo de la cubierta 7.

2020.pulgar.jpg.827057ffa46218dbf5f8d379f97869bf.jpg

Oh, thank you!!! 

32 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I'm hoping that all the balcony cabins aren't  Infinite Verandas, because if they are, I'll stick to the Oasis Class. I booked a Sunset veranda on the Beyond to get away from the  IV's.

Can I ask what you don't like about the IV's?

We are waiting to book Icon for January 2024 and I am interested to try an Infinite veranda to see how I feel about it.

I would be surprised it they were all of that type.

Are the majority on Edge class infinite?

56 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Can I ask what you don't like about the IV's?

We are waiting to book Icon for January 2024 and I am interested to try an Infinite veranda to see how I feel about it.

I would be surprised it they were all of that type.

Are the majority on Edge class infinite?

We sailed in one on Edge. It's a hybrid of giant Ocean View and balcony. Plusses: makes cabin feel bigger, more light and great views if the weather isn't ideal. Minuses: when open, AC is off and room gets pretty sweaty/humid in warm locales. 

Some people really dislike them, others are passionate fans. We're sort of in the middle and would sail in an IV on the right ship and itinerary. Looks like Icon will have more of a mix of traditional balconies and IV than Edge-class, which has mostly IV cabins.

• Like 1

All the side cabins on the Edge class except suites, which have real balconies. 

The downside is that when the window is open, the AC shuts off, and it is a large window as opposed to a true balcony. The pro is that with the window closed, it makes for a larger cabin. It can also be operated from the brisge. If the weather is bad, they can make the window unoperable in the closed position, so you have just a large oceanview cabin.

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

I'm hoping that all the balcony cabins aren't  Infinite Verandas, because if they are, I'll stick to the Oasis Class. I booked a Sunset veranda on the Beyond to get away from the  IV's.

If you look closely at the pictures of construction you can see the outside of the ship has 3 rows of infinite verandas and 4 rows of balconies (2 rows above and below the infinite verandas). So you’ll be able to get a standard balcony. I guess with a ship this size they wanted to give customers a choice