Towels while in port

T3xan

I am trying to figure out the best way to deal with towels and excursions while in the port destinations.  If planning excursion that will require a towel what is the best way to handle.  Can you take towels from the ship and if so do you need to secure those the day/night before or should we bring our own towels on the cruise to take on excursions.  I thought I once heard there is someone at the ship exit that checks out towels for your use that day in port but not sure if that is true.  Any advice appreciated.  Thanks.  

6 hours ago, T3xan said:

I am trying to figure out the best way to deal with towels and excursions while in the port destinations.  If planning excursion that will require a towel what is the best way to handle.  Can you take towels from the ship and if so do you need to secure those the day/night before or should we bring our own towels on the cruise to take on excursions.  I thought I once heard there is someone at the ship exit that checks out towels for your use that day in port but not sure if that is true.  Any advice appreciated.  Thanks.  

When you check out pool towels whether while on the ship or to them off the ship, your Sea Pass card will be swiped for the number of towels you take. Make they swipe your Sea Pass card when you return the pool towels or you will be charged $25.00 per towel. 

Edited by davekathy

7 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

You can get beach towels the night before and have your beach bag all set to go in the morning!

This is what I do all cruise long.

I get my towels the first day, use them poolside, then before going back to the room I simply swap them out (exchange) for clean ones.  (When just exchanging, you don't have to swipe your card to check in your towels and then swipe again to check new ones out -- you just trade even-up and no swiping is involved.)

If I'm going ashore the next day, I already have towels in my room to pack in my beach bag.  

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

I get my towels the first day, use them poolside, then before going back to the room I simply swap them out (exchange) for clean ones.  (When just exchanging, you don't have to swipe your card to check in your towels and then swipe again to check new ones out -- you just trade even-up and no swiping is involved.)

If I'm going ashore the next day, I already have towels in my room to pack in my beach bag.  

Exactly what we did. On the evening of the last day we turned them in.

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

We do the same ... works out great! 

On 4/25/2019 at 9:16 PM, Peeker28 said:

I'm going to buy the thin microfiber towels that you can get on Amazon.  They fold up smaller than a bulkier towel

This is what we do as well -- mine roll up and have an elastic band around them, and are about the size of a water bottle. My family seems to think that I'm their pack mule, so its WAY easier to schlep towels for five if they're not the big fluffy terrycloth ships towels. Plus, since they absorb less water and dry so quickly they're lighter to carry on the way home.

4 minutes ago, shuconn said:

can you sign out more then one towel per person. i like to bring two towels with me to shore-this way i have a dry one for later in the day

Yes, you can sign out multiple towels per person.