Diamond Plus benefit? Preferred dining time?

Is a benefit of diamond plus, having your preferred dining time? I just booked harmony for October, wanted anytime, but was told the only time slot left was late.  I have not had the late night slot in 20 years, so I am hoping not to do the buffet every nite. Do you think they might change it if I wait to board and ask the maitre d?

19 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

Is a benefit of diamond plus, having your preferred dining time? I just booked harmony for October, wanted anytime, but was told the only time slot left was late.  I have not had the late night slot in 20 years, so I am hoping not to do the buffet every nite. Do you think they might change it if I wait to board and ask the maitre d?

You don't need reservations for MTD. When you first board the ship go to the MTD podium and ask if there is any availability for the time you prefer for MTD. If not just show up for MTD when you're ready to eat. Usually there are two lines. One for reservations and one for no reservations. 

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

I know I don't need reservations for my time, but I don't have my time, they said it was full and my only option was the late seating at 8:15.

I took your post to mean the only time slot left was a late time for MTD for reservations in your CP since you didn't mention TD. 

Edited by davekathy

23 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

thanks,  I will call and ask to be waitlisted and hope it works.

We are usually assigned main seating (first seating) and we always go to the maitre'd desk when we board and unseat ourselves, we prefer to eat in WJ. There is usually a line to see him, lots of people change when they board. So yes, when you board go to the maitre 'd desk and see if someone like us gave up their main seating spot!

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

I believe this was (and may still be) a perk related to getting eaither early or late traditional dining. 

If you want early traditional dining, I would make the request to change to rcldining@rccl.com.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I believe this was (and may still be) a perk related to getting eaither early or late traditional dining. 

If you want early traditional dining, I would make the request to change to rcldining@rccl.com.

Ditto this and Yes I believe the D+ status helps to clear the waitlist

We have been waitlisted for MTD probably 6 or 7 times in the past couple of years. The waitlist has cleared every single time for us (as Diamond+) with the exception of once (when we booked 3 days before the cruise), but even that one was fixed in 2 minutes by the Maitre D' once onboard.

-jani