If you are relying on your credit card insurance ....

1 hour ago, kowhairob said:

This is a copy of the Policy for an ANZ Platinum Credit Card .

No exclusions if you book multiple one way Air Ticket or don't do a return to the same Port Cruise

Eligibility for cover Your cover is automatic as long as at least half of your prepaid travel expenses are paid for with your ANZ Premium Card during a period of insurance. Where an ANZ Premium Card is not an accepted means of payment, you will be covered if you pay using funds from any of your other ANZ accounts. Prepaid travel expenses include the cost of transport, accommodation and other travel itinerary items, including any taxes paid before departure. Your family travelling with you will also be automatically covered.

What card are you using as it seems to be short of the norm ?

We have an ANZ Black Qantas Visa and only have to spend $250 towards the holiday to activate the insurance, plus meet all other criteria.

I guess it goes to show that even within the same banks, each credit card has different policy wording.

We continue to check ours to make sure there have been no changes!

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

We have an ANZ Black Qantas Visa and only have to spend $250 towards the holiday to activate the insurance, plus meet all other criteria.

I guess it goes to show that even within the same banks, each credit card has different policy wording.

Totally agree that some cards are better than others . When we spend on the credit card for travel the points accumulated can be huge  , plus we have the advantage of paying for it in full when the time arrives with no hassle trying to do bank transfers etc.

1 hour ago, kowhairob said:

Hi Carole , Sorry about the way i had written in response to you , typical bloke type first , think later . 

We had found by using the ANZ Platinum card we got the travel insurance and also frequent flyer points as well. When we use the Big American Travel Agencies there are no credit card surcharges as they have here in New Zealand .

My wife has a medical condition which we have informed the Credit Card Insurer about so we still get cover but not for any pre existing conditions  , we still think at this stage that the Credit card insurance is best for us. Hopefully that wont change in the near future .

No worries,,,

18 hours ago, cheznandy said:

We have ANZ Platinum and also need only spend $250 on any part of our holiday to qualify for the insurance.  

3 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

We have ANZ Platinum and also need only spend $250 on any part of our holiday to qualify for the insurance.  

Mmm...wonder why Kowhairob has to pay half his holiday with the card to qualify, he said he has a ANZ Platinum too.

I thought all the ANZ cards were the same $250, but to be honest I have only looked up the policy for the ANZ Black.

2 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Mmm...wonder why Kowhairob has to pay half his holiday with the card to qualify, he said he has a ANZ Platinum too.

I thought all the ANZ cards were the same $250, but to be honest I have only looked up the policy for the ANZ Black.

Is it poosible ANZ have different t&c for A and NZ?

26 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Is it poosible ANZ have different t&c for A and NZ?

Absolutely different conditions in NZ . 

We pay through the nose for Credit Card charges , mortgages , cars ,food and just about everything here is more expensive than Australia and definitely the US .

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Only $250 spent on the trip required for my CC insurance, although now it will not cover the pre-existing so we use another annual policy.

Prexisting and age creeps in and Allianz for ANZ Platinum CC won't insure us.  So for 3 months trip next year, Asia/England, a big $2000 for unlimited cover.  Such is life.   People still travel without insurance, a couple from Chicago on our Noordam dining table had no cover, for the trip ..Sydney - Honolulu.  Their stupid reasoning was 'we are Americans, our government will take care of us. !!!😮

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

We have used our ANZ platinum card. You are correct. We only have to spend $250 of the travel cost on the card. I know that other banks have different rules on how much you have to spend.

8 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

My ANZ Platinum also only requires $250, but I usually pay the cruise deposit with the card as well as the air fares.  Once again I had to claim last month when the ship was extremely late arriving at final port and I had to ring Qantas (from the ship’s office) and reschedule to the next day.  They could only do a flexible business fare back to Australia, which was twice as much as my original fare.  Nevertheless Allianz reimbursed the total cost, plus overnight hotel and dinner, with only the $250 excess.  In total nearly $5,000.  I would NEVER travel without insurance.

IMPORTANT

Keep your printed statement showing those CC payments and/or deposits, plus the receipts from your TA.  I ask they print “visa ending.....1234” on receipts.  Keep your flight e-tickets too until you arrive home.  Have them all safely at home just in case until after you have safely returned.

I double checked that return ticket requirement with the insurer as well, as at first it looked like a one-way flight would negate the insurance. They confirmed fly one way, cruise back, go around the world or whatever, as long as I start and finish the journey in Australia.

Also, CC insurance does not cover “the whole family” as one poster stated unless it is a spouse and dependent children.  It would not cover my adult son sharing the cabin, for instance. Carol

Edited by Port Power

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

People still travel without insurance, a couple from Chicago on our Noordam dining table had no cover, for the trip ..Sydney - Honolulu.  Their stupid reasoning was 'we are Americans, our government will take care of us. !!!

OMG!  Some people just like to live life on the edge.  

19 hours ago, kowhairob said:

Absolutely different conditions in NZ . 

Ah, that explains it.  Console yourself with the fact that you do have the best PM.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Ah, that explains it.  Console yourself with the fact that you do have the best PM.

She is all show and no substance.  She has a degree BSC in Politics and Public relations.  At least Scott Morrison won in Australia as a Shorten Government would of been disastrous for Australia and even New Zealand.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kowhairob said:

She is all show and no substance.  She has a degree BSC in Politics and Public relations.  At least Scott Morrison won in Australia as a Shorten Government would of been disastrous for Australia and even New Zealand.  

Thanks for that comment. People from 'elsewhere' only see the public persona (the show) unless we take the time to research the subject. Most aren't interested enough to do that. I haven't been.

5 hours ago, kowhairob said:

Cheers , we look forward to a stable Economy in Australia as its irrevocably linked to what happens in NZ .

I think we are very off topic so i will stop commenting on Politics 

Hate to burst your bubble but this Government will not be kind to Kiwis, as their record would already have shown. The reciprocity rights between our two countries are somewhat skewed, the Kiwis are not the beneficiaries of it and it will get worse for them.

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Hate to burst your bubble but this Government will not be kind to Kiwis, as their record would already have shown. The reciprocity rights between our two countries are somewhat skewed, the Kiwis are not the beneficiaries of it and it will get worse for them.

Have to disagree, we have made great returns on your Sharemarket and given all the Labour promises that would of hit your deficit very hard Im personally glad to see a centre right Government in Australia , now all we have to do is get rid of Saint Jacinda with all her promises and no delivery and the World would be a better place .

11 minutes ago, kowhairob said:

Have to disagree, we have made great returns on your Sharemarket and given all the Labour promises that would of hit your deficit very hard Im personally glad to see a centre right Government in Australia , now all we have to do is get rid of Saint Jacinda with all her promises and no delivery and the World would be a better place .

Taking advantage of another country's stock market is one thing that wouldn't change so much as you can always take advantage of another country's stocks if the first is not performing. I was actually referring to citizens' movements and treatment when visiting, working or residing in the other's country.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Taking advantage of another country's stock market is one thing that wouldn't change so much as you can always take advantage of another country's stocks if the first is not performing. I was actually referring to citizens' movements and treatment when visiting, working or residing in the other's country.

As a Kiwi we have a special Visa that allows us access to Australia , we can live permanently if we choose to in Australia and work in Australia as long as we meet special Character aspects, I dont have any issues with that.

21 minutes ago, kowhairob said:

As a Kiwi we have a special Visa that allows us access to Australia , we can live permanently if we choose to in Australia and work in Australia as long as we meet special Character aspects, I dont have any issues with that.

Well your okay then, and I  hope you don't have any hiccups with your work or character. 

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Well your okay then, and I  hope you don't have any hiccups with your work or character. 

Works easy as I'm retired and i might be a character but not with the attributes that will get me thrown out of Australia if i ever decided to live there , Geeze remember the good old days when you NEEDED a criminal conviction to get INTO Australia. 

• Haha 1