Is there a Coco Cay map with smoking areas on it?

OK, maybe someone has been recently and can report on other locations?  One is over by the jet skis between Chill Island Cabanas and the beach area nearest the Pool area.

image.png.fcb9b4fc0874bf697c6c59b9c2a02624.png

Ok, guess this is not a popular topic. RCCL just says to "check signs" but it could be useful to know the areas ahead of time when picking out a spot to meet up with a group of travelers where it is handy to be not too far from a smoking area for one or two of the travelers.

Or for those very sensitive to outdoor smoke to know when trying to avoid picking a meeting spot that might be near smoke.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/are-there-designated-smoking-areas-on-perfect-day-at-cococay

Please check wayfinding signs on the island for specific locations.

• Clarea changed the title to Is there a Coco Cay map with smoking areas on it?
3 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

good to know that there is a smoking section by the jet skis. My DM smokes still and she will need a place to burn one. Are there chairs in the shade near here?

Yes, I visited recently with a friend that smokes when drinks and it was right near the water on a boardwalk/dock area with tables with umbrellas and chairs and a breeze.  It's sort of behind the chill island cabanas area.

image.png.6807f62f1ec08c735ff1cb6b44790b18.png

2 hours ago, SAmome said:

Yes, I visited recently with a friend that smokes when drinks and it was right near the water on a boardwalk/dock area with tables with umbrellas and chairs and a breeze.  It's sort of behind the chill island cabanas area.

Thank you. My DD and I are doing the jet skis so I guess we will park her right there.

2 hours ago, SAmome said:

Got to say that is pretty amazing aerial footage. Military spy satellite?:)

51 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Thank you. My DD and I are doing the jet skis so I guess we will park her right there.

You're welcome, I'm sure there are areas all over the island but maybe that's one of the nicer ones, certainly good for during your jet ski session.

I googled for coco cay aerial shot and found something posted on twitter and zoomed in to the area I remembered; think it was from RCCL originally.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, Monk86 said:

Never mind!

ok

ps  Here is a picture from a video of the area, only specific area identified thus far.

image.png.a94de54f06ffef20e7b14918bfb4c6eb.png

Edited by SAmome
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, SAmome said:

ok

ps  Here is a picture from a video of the area, only specific area identified thus far.

Wow that is a smoking area.  Twice last year I hung out at that bar and didn't even realize it was a smoking area.

1 hour ago, gatour said:

Wow that is a smoking area.  Twice last year I hung out at that bar and didn't even realize it was a smoking area.

Maybe it wasn't back then. Ashtrays were on the tables, little more than that required to turn an area into a smoking section.

It could be that now non-smokers have lots of table and chairs available by the pool so they wanted a table and chair area for smokers.  I think it's good for nonsmokers to have the smokers over in an area off the sand and by the water for a breeze.  Hopefully a nice area keeps butts from showing up in the sand on the beach.  

It's probably the nicer of the smoking areas but I bet each section has one, and hope others will chime in as to where they are.

do you recall if the tram goes near there. I was looking at the map and it shows the tram route and it goes no where near this part of the island.

also one more question. When I was at coco cay last year I could have sworn that perfect day was being built on another island right next to the old coco cay. Am I crazy?

12 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

do you recall if the tram goes near there. I was looking at the map and it shows the tram route and it goes no where near this part of the island.

also one more question. When I was at coco cay last year I could have sworn that perfect day was being built on another island right next to the old coco cay. Am I crazy?

Yes. 

On 5/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, SAmome said:

ok

Thanks for posting!!! Looks like a great place to hang out enjoy a cigar and a strong drink.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I heard that the only special place for smokers on Coco Cay was at the South Beach area hanging out over the water...you know...where the unfinished cabanas don't exist yet....

...oh wait...that was only a dream...

I was wondering when someone would come in and start with the anti smoking. lol

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, SAmome said:

You're welcome, I'm sure there are areas all over the island but maybe that's one of the nicer ones, certainly good for during your jet ski session.

I googled for coco cay aerial shot and found something posted on twitter and zoomed in to the area I remembered; think it was from RCCL originally.

Thank you so much for sharing the picture and the information.