Amex Offer - Spend $750 get 22,500 Membership Rewards Points

roger75

13 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Hey ... I did get some new offers by doing this ... just not the one for Princess.  However, I am planning a trip to Vegas so I snagged that one that wasn't there before.  

Awesome I'm glad I saved someone money $$ 

• Thanks 1

I have refreshed, logged out, logged in - I still don't get the offer, and I'm not getting new offers either.  I'll keep trying as some of the offers expired today.  Thank you for trying to help!

26 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

I have refreshed, logged out, logged in - I still don't get the offer, and I'm not getting new offers either.  I'll keep trying as some of the offers expired today.  Thank you for trying to help!

Bummer I wish I could give you mine

• Like 1

We have Am. Express blue cash everyday cards ( no annual fee) and were able to get the offer: My husband had the offer. I had to refresh several times. Thanks for bringing the topic here.

Edited by Pansy2801
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pansy2801 said:

We have Am. Express blue cash everyday cards ( no annual fee) and were able to get the offer: My husband had the offer. I had to refresh several times. Thanks for bringing the topic here.

I have the same card. No fee. I’m glad it worked for someone!

1 hour ago, spirit-wedding? said:

I have the same card. No fee. I’m glad it worked for someone!

It worked, and it made a difference for me as we were planning to book a last minute cruise on Princess. I read your post although we did not plan to use Amex. When my husband found that he has the offer it was good, but being able to use both offers ( we are both primary on a card) it was great and so unexpected. Thank you very much.

21 hours ago, Pansy2801 said:

I'm still checking but so far, nothing for Princess.  

This offer didn't show up on my card, either. I just booked a cruise for Alaska next month. At least I'm getting a good price, just a little bit of a single supplement rather than paying double.

I am still hoping to hear from someone who received the credit after making a payment on an “already booked” cruise. I have the offer on two cards, but it is for a cash credit of $225 rather than the points. 

49 minutes ago, AryMay said:

I am still hoping to hear from someone who received the credit after making a payment on an “already booked” cruise. I have the offer on two cards, but it is for a cash credit of $225 rather than the points. 

We didn't receive this offer (so far!!!) but we have in the past.

I have a question for you - what do you have to lose by making a payment on a cruise that you really intend to take and will have to pay for eventually?

If you let this offer expire you have $225 to lose but I can see NO downside to making the payment.

4 hours ago, chamima said:

I have a question for you - what do you have to lose by making a payment on a cruise that you really intend to take and will have to pay for eventually?

If you let this offer expire you have $225 to lose but I can see NO downside to making the payment.

Actually I do have a reason! 🙂

When we book a cruise, we purchase travel insurance right away to cover pre-existing conditions. BUT...we only insure the amount of the deposit to start with. Our final cruise payment isn't due until fall, but IF I make a payment before then I need to increase our insurance coverage within the time frame to keep the pre-existing condition coverage. (Two weeks after I make another payment...I think.) Our insurance coverage goes up in $500 increments so a $750 payment would mean another insurance payment. When final payment time comes then we will insure the rest of the non-refundable costs of the trip. Since we are booked on a long and somewhat expensive cruise, the insurance premiums will be pretty high.

At this point we do intend to take the cruise, but on the outside chance we may cancel I would rather not pay more in insurance premiums which would be non-refundable UNLESS it means getting the $225 credit. In that case it is worth it to me. 

In the past we have used the AMEX Carnival Corporation offers multiple times on cruises that were already booked. I'm just anxious to hear if it will work on this specific offer or if it truly is only on new reservations.

Wanted to add that this credit is for 22,500 Membership Rewards points and not just $225 in cash. If you plan ahead, this could be almost enough/enough for a $500 or so airline ticket on Delta ( in my case)... Here was my offer....

3BC5F60B-3550-42F8-95E9-D927384B9BBE.png

21 minutes ago, roger75 said:

Wanted to add that this credit is for 22,500 Membership Rewards points and not just $225 in cash. If you plan ahead, this could be almost enough/enough for a $500 or so airline ticket on Delta ( in my case)... Here was my offer....

3BC5F60B-3550-42F8-95E9-D927384B9BBE.png

Thank you for the pic.  I check twice a day, every day on my Amex Ascend card.  No luck

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 7:30 AM, AryMay said:

I wanted to report back that I made a $750 payment using my Blue Cash Everyday card on a cruise we have had booked for a long time and also made another $750 payment using my husband's card. Both times we received the $225 credit so it does not have to be just for new bookings.

We have other AMEX cards, but the offer didn't show up on those.

Heads up...the offer expires next week.