Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

42 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Is there such a thing as the Pitcairn Canal?

It looks like they went through the island. 😁

Perhaps they were in flight mode, a very modern ship is ye olde Sea Princess.🤣

Pitcairn Island circled it twice, very isolated no locals visible at all,  only a curious whale.

They deserve  medals for living there such an isolated place,

weather is warmer, so off to spa, pool a bit cold for me but others went in. I come from Qld so it has to be pretty warm before I venture in.

there are lots of niggly things but a cruise from hell. no.  The itinerary is great, what’s not to like about cruising, suck it up and realise how lucky you are to be here.

Sorry I said twelve sea days, it is only ten, just feels like twenty, lol

i think some of the ones who have been on since Sydney or Auckland are getting to be over it and getting a bit edgy.

Service this morning for Vietnam Veterans Day, used to be Long Tan commemoration day.  

Looking forward to Papeete tomorrow.

Papeete today and Moorea tomorrow, then across the sea to Auckland , And the world Cruise will be over.

Sun 18/08/19 Papeete (Tahiti) / French Polynesia 07:00 21:00
Mon 19/08/19 Bora Bora* / French Polynesia 07:00 17:00
Tue 20/08/19 At Sea
Wed 21/08/19 At Sea
Thu 22/08/19 Date Line
Fri 23/08/19 Day lost (Due to passing the dateline)
Sat 24/08/19 At Sea
Sun 25/08/19 Auckland / New Zealand 10:00 21:00
Mon 26/08/19 Bay of Islands* / New Zealand 08:00 17:00
Tue 27/08/19 At Sea
Wed 28/08/19 At Sea
Thu 29/08/19 Sydney / Australia 07:00

21A3C5EA-4F8A-491C-9B40-7E3269CE66A4.thumb.jpeg.8bc35eca3026e947f3c89da5ce195ab2.jpeg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

On 8/18/2019 at 1:16 PM, Gwendy said:

Pitcairn Island circled it twice, very isolated no locals visible at all,  only a curious whale.

They deserve  medals for living there such an isolated place,

weather is warmer, so off to spa, pool a bit cold for me but others went in. I come from Qld so it has to be pretty warm before I venture in.

there are lots of niggly things but a cruise from hell. no.  The itinerary is great, what’s not to like about cruising, suck it up and realise how lucky you are to be here.

Sorry I said twelve sea days, it is only ten, just feels like twenty, lol

i think some of the ones who have been on since Sydney or Auckland are getting to be over it and getting a bit edgy.

Service this morning for Vietnam Veterans Day, used to be Long Tan commemoration day.  

Looking forward to Papeete tomorrow.

Thanks for update Wendy.  Yes, no doubt some on board have had enough.

Enjoy the remainder of your adventure.

Edited by NSWP

Papeete was quiet, being Sunday most shops were shut and even the market apart from fresh food didn’t open until quite late .  Looked at churches how many Notre Dames are around the world?  Had a coffee at a lovely little cafe, wandered some mote,  beautiful day.  Took a Princess tour around island in afternoon.  I have been here before but this tour was really good, showed me lots of different places, waterfall, blowhole, lighthouse at Venus Point, those magnificent beaches,  lovely to see parks and beaches being used by large family groups enjoying their Sunday.  Food trucks were set up in car park near ship so treated myself to crepe de citron.  Very nice.

Bora Bora a lot of development since I was last here, that’s progress.  Took a tour around island in Le Truck $25 USD for two hours with 5 stops for photos. Interesting to see how locals live.  I want one of those little houses that back on to a beautiful beach, with a big garden and lots of chooks scratching around lol

My cruise doesn’t finish until Brisbane so still more time to enjoy NZ ports and ship life.

i was surprised how many people didn’t get off ship at either port.  Issues with mobility and tendering (Bora) or just couldn’t be bothered.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gwendy said:

i was surprised how many people didn’t get off ship at either port.  Issues with mobility and tendering (Bora) or just couldn’t be bothered.  

With the end of the cruise in sight , I think a lot of passengers will be looking forward to getting home. 

They are lucky that they are not sailing between NZ and Sydney this week with 10M seas off NSW coast today.  That would be a real rock and roll party to end the adventure.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Yes....due in Auckland on Sunday. They will be looking forward to the tranquil waters of a sheltered harbour  , before tackling the final leg  across the Tasman . 

They might have to re stock with sick bags in Auckland then David.😆

On 8/21/2019 at 6:47 AM, Gwendy said:

Bora Bora a lot of development since I was last here, that’s progress.  Took a tour around island in Le Truck $25 USD for two hours with 5 stops for photos. Interesting to see how locals live.

Do they have seat belts on those trucks/buses yet?

It's a fun ride around the island on them, with stunning views.

Now you are making me want to go back. 🤣

Thanks Gwendy for taking us half way around the world with you and keeping us up to date on the Kiwi/Aussie World Cruise.

It has made my winter here at home just a bit brighter.

Looks like they will be an. hour or two late into Auckland. 

Here’s  a grab from the bridge cam as they enter the channel on the approach to Auckland. The high rises of the CBD appearing over the North Shore suburbs.

01EDA547-4610-4027-A937-569DB097B8EA.thumb.jpeg.dcc89b9781a56e73e874bcb40cbbaa4c.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

A shame for those with flights in the morning.

That's why it's probably not a good idea to schedule a morning flight. There's always the possibility of the ship arriving into port late.

Leigh