Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Exactly, although sometimes time and flight constraints mean there is no choice unless leaving the next day so some people run the risk.

If I was catching an international flight, I would plan to fly out the next day, just in case! With domestic flights we always book a flight for the early afternoon or even a little later.

Leigh

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

If I was catching an international flight, I would plan to fly out the next day, just in case! With domestic flights we always book a flight for the early afternoon or even a little later.

Leigh

For international flights, we do the same, fly in a day or more earlier and fly out a day or so later. For domestic we don't sort of worry about it.

Looking at itinerary they appear to have have joined the worldie up with a South Pacific cruise, starting and finishing in Auckland. Must be a few Kiwis on board now then.  A few Aussies have jumped ship.

Edited by NSWP

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

For international flights, we do the same, fly in a day or more earlier and fly out a day or so later. For domestic we don't sort of worry about it.

Same here, just ease into it, no stress.   Like you pay thousands for a cruise, what's another couple of hundred for an overnight stay.

Edited by NSWP

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Looking at itinerary they appear to have have joined the worldie up with a South Pacific cruise, starting and finishing in Auckland. Must be a few Kiwis on board now then.  A few Aussies have jumped ship.

The world cruise was sold as Ak to Ak as well as Syd to Syd. As per most world cruises , so there are always vacancies on the Ak to Syd segment. Nice way to cruise over to Sydney , although not at this time of the year. 

Nice pics thanks David.   Could be a little bit bumpy, Bay of Islands to Sydney, arriving on Thursday morning, but not too bad, 4 to 5 metre seas.

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, By The Bay said:

We start the 35 day Syd-Hawaii-Syd on Thursday. I think it is also sold as Bris-Hawaii-Bris.🍹🥂

Auckland - Hawaii - Auckland

Sydney - Hawaii - Sydney

Brisbane - Hawaii - Brisbane

were the three options and on our return they segue into the Australia circumnavigation cruise although that one doesn't return to Auckland I believe.

Yes, Princess are very clever with their itinerary planning, especially for big cruises like those where it might be hard to fill the ship with just one embarkation port as some people wouldn't book them if they had to fly to, say, Sydney. It adds to the cost, plus some people, like Gut's wife, can't fly for health reasons.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not quite finished. I think the last of the Worldies disembark in Brisbane on Saturday.

Meanwhile our bags are packed so we're ready to embark the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise tomorrow. 😊

Bon Voyage......or should we say Aloha.

Have a great cruise !!!

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not quite finished. I think the last of the Worldies disembark in Brisbane on Saturday.

Meanwhile our bags are packed so we're ready to embark the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise tomorrow. 😊

Have a fantastic time OzKiwi.

When we did this cruise they put on a party lunch in the MDR just before we dropped off the Auckland passengers.

I'm sure they will do something special for your cruise as well.

Enjoy the shopping in Hawaii and don't be suprised at how many sketchers people buy.

Bon voyage! It is a great cruise for those that love sea days (that's me).

Thanks Kiwi Kruiser and sewgood.

I have skechers on my shopping list for Honolulu although with the poor exchange rate they may not be a good bargain any more.

We love sea days too so this cruise is ideal for us. 

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks Kiwi Kruiser and sewgood.

I have skechers on my shopping list for Honolulu although with the poor exchange rate they may not be a good bargain any more.

We love sea days too so this cruise is ideal for us. 

A couple of times we have been to the Skechers outlet store. I think it is in Maui, maybe 2km walk from where the tenders drop pax off. The prices are excellent, although they don't have the full range. We have sometimes got the "buy one and second one at half price" deal.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Have a great trip