Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

A couple of times we have been to the Skechers outlet store. I think it is in Maui, maybe 2km walk from where the tenders drop pax off. The prices are excellent, although they don't have the full range. We have sometimes got the "buy one and second one at half price" deal.

Thanks, I shall leave my Skechers shopping until then although I will check prices in Honolulu to compare. I just want a very simple slip-on style so hopefully I'll be able to find something.

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, I shall leave my Skechers shopping until then although I will check prices in Honolulu to compare. I just want a very simple slip-on style so hopefully I'll be able to find something.

I bought some slip on Skechers on the ship (Noordam), US$50, very comfortable.  Enjoy your cruise.

Welcome home you Worldie cruisers and Bon Voyage to those boarding today for the next adventure on ye olde Sea Princess.

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I bought some slip on Skechers on the ship (Noordam), US$50, very comfortable.  Enjoy your cruise.

I've had a pair for about 4 years. They are great but are getting a bit battered and scruffy now. 

It's absolute chaos at the OPT. Check-in has only just commenced. Apparently six transit passengers didn't leave the ship so customs wouldn't let anyone back on until they had a zero count. In fact for a while they wouldn't let anyone into the terminal but it started getting too crowded, and it's raining, so they let the transit passengers into the terminal, then a large group of TA visitors. Finally they started letting the rest of us in. We still have go through customs and security though.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've had a pair for about 4 years. They are great but are getting a bit battered and scruffy now. 

I have worn them for quite a few years now, for casual and for work and have always found them really comfortable. Over the same time I've had a few slips/falls when wearing them. On Saturday when wearing Skechers, I lost my balance when my shoe/foot didn't move when it was supposed to while in my kitchen. I did some research and there were reports of numerous people both here and in the USA and Canada having really bad falls and injuries while wearing Skechers. There were comments that it was the sole mainly of the Go walk style which mine mainly are. A couple of friends have had the same thing happen to them as well while wearing Skechers. I'm disappointed to say that I don't think I'll wear mine anymore so will be looking a different brand of comfortable, casual shoes.

Enjoy your  cruise! Look forward to hearing about it.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's absolute chaos at the OPT. Check-in has only just commenced. Apparently six transit passengers didn't leave the ship so customs wouldn't let anyone back on until they had a zero count. In fact for a while they wouldn't let anyone into the terminal but it started getting too crowded, and it's raining, so they let the transit passengers into the terminal, then a large group of TA visitors. Finally they started letting the rest of us in. We still have go through customs and security though.

Bummer,  wouldn't happen if Gbenjo was in charge.

We're onboard now and just enjoying lunch in the MDR. The MDR hours were 11:30 to 1pm, which will probably annoy some people who were stuck in the boarding queue. Once boarding started it was very efficient.

Well done, now you can relax.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:16 PM, MicCanberra said:

Bummer,  wouldn't happen if Gbenjo was in charge.

I'm sure Graham would have handled the OPT side of it much better by at least ensuring people knew what was happening from the get-go but even he couldn't have expedited tracking down those selfish idiots onboard that decided not to get off to go through customs.

We've arrived in Brisbane so the last of the world cruisers have disembarked. Portside had a shortcut through to the shops open which was great. We're currently on the ferry into the city.

We had a pleasant sea day yesterday, warm when the sun was out but it cooled down quickly mid-afternoon. 

We're impressed by the new wine list. There is a very good selection of wines from all over the world so we'll be able to enjoy lots of different wines for a change. Prices are much higher unfortunately. $14 average by the glass, 150ml serves, and $40 upwards for bottles. However we think we'll still average less than the drinks package price.

Great updates, thanks mate.😁  Now are there barrel chairs in the cabins?  I heard sometime ago they had been removed from all Princess ships.  Enjoy the vino !!🍷

Edited by NSWP

We've arrived in Brisbane so the last of the world cruisers have disembarked. Portside had a shortcut through to the shops open which was great. We're currently on the ferry into the city.

We had a pleasant sea day yesterday, warm when the sun was out but it cooled down quickly mid-afternoon. 

We're impressed by the new wine list. There is a very good selection of wines from all over the world so we'll be able to enjoy lots of different wines for a change. Prices are much higher unfortunately. $14 average by the glass, 150ml serves, and $40 upwards for bottles. However we think we'll still average less than the drinks package price.

Good work

A lovely touch from the Brisbane CityCat captain who took a slight detour down past Bretts Wharf so we could get great photos of the ship.

Mind you, he did claim he was the real captain, not "the captain of that big white thing parked further down the river". 😁

Very impressed with the Brisbane CityCats. A pleasant and efficient way to get into the city.

20190831_144816.jpg

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

A lovely touch from the Brisbane CityCat captain who took a slight detour down past Bretts Wharf so we could get great photos of the ship.

Mind you, he did claim he was the real captain, not "the captain of that big white thing parked further down the river". 😁

Very impressed with the Brisbane CityCats. A pleasant and efficient way to get into the city.

Great photo OzKiwiJJ. I love the CityCats. We've caught them at Bretts Wharf too, fantastic cruise along the river particularly if it is good weather.

Leigh

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think we will take our own wine and pay the $15 corkage. 🙂 This isn't feasible on a long cruise like the WC, but it is on a 14 dayer.