PH or RS Unlimited Specialty Dining Question

Lane412000

1 minute ago, Greenymac said:

We are on the same cruise in a CS, but now I'm seriously considering upgrading to a RS to take advantage of the complimentary specialty dining, but it's hard to justify when we can eat most meals in Luminae... 

It really does depend on how much you enjoy the Luminae menu...We find it quite limited, as usual all about personal taste. However, agree service is always very good.

The other RS perks are also worth having and we do much prefer the RS room layout on S class compared to the CS...

Go for it! Enjoy life to the full....

9 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

We were in the Silhouette PH in March and did decide to indulge in lunch in both of these venues. The lobster roll was a nice change from our usual lunch and the burgers in the Lawn Club Grill were oh so good!

In fact LCG became one of my favorite speciality restaurants on this trip!

They have a very similar lobster roll in Luminae at lunchtimes. I probably preferred the Luminae one.

55 minutes ago, chemmo said:

It really does depend on how much you enjoy the Luminae menu...We find it quite limited, as usual all about personal taste. However, agree service is always very good.

The other RS perks are also worth having and we do much prefer the RS room layout on S class compared to the CS...

Go for it! Enjoy life to the full....

It's only us two so the CS is just fine for size and our cabin has a huge balcony which the wife will love. The RS balconies left have long narrow balconies. I just don't know if the mini bar being complimentary and complimentary specialty dining is worth that much to us. I'm sure if I keep thinking about it I can find a way to justify it!!! 

Is there anything else I'm not aware of as far as perks or other things in upping from a CS to a RS?

Edited by Greenymac

9 minutes ago, Greenymac said:

It's only us two so the CS is just fine for size and our cabin has a huge balcony which the wife will love. The RS balconies left have long narrow balconies. I just don't know if the mini bar being complimentary and complimentary specialty dining is worth that much to us. I'm sure if I keep thinking about it I can find a way to justify it!!! 

Is there anything else I'm not aware of as far as perks or other things in upping from a CS to a RS?

I can't think of any....unless you don't have a premium beverage package included in your CS.  If you do then I wouldn't spend the extra money for an RS just for Specialty Rest.  The last time we were in a RS we had the two bottles of liquor too and while we consumed about half of one the other one never got touched.  We weren't in our room during normal "drinking hours" for us that much.  

You are correct about the balconies....the CS is much nicer.  The jacuzzi that is on the RS balconies takes up half the space, and while nice it's really a novelty that doesn't get used that much (at least for us and according to stateroom staff I've spoken to)

The Premium Drink Package, a four device unlimited internet package for each person, two bottle of liquor, and laundry are included in a RS and above.  The drink package and internet are not needed if you have the “Best” package of perks.  The laundry can be somewhat offset by the Elite/Elite Plus laundry bag benefits, but it is not as nice.

I agree that the Jacuzzi on the balcony is not of much value and seldom used.  Although my wife and I have found the RS balcony to be more than big enough.  We value the ocean view from the Bedroom (no view from the CS bedroom is the main reason that we are not likely to ever book a CS) and the 2nd half bath.

We also enjoy the Luminae and ordering from the MDR menu.  We evaluate the two menus to finalize our specialty dining reservations.  When staying in a RS we usually enjoy dinner in Luminae about half the time.  We also enjoy breakfast there, but lunch only  a few times each cruise.  We usually take 14 day or longer cruises and dine in each Speciality Dining location at least once.  We enjoy Murano’s two or three times and Tuscan at least twice.  Since the RS includes unlimited Specialty dining, we often order just a few courses.  We really like the pasta dishes in Tuscan.

When in an RS, we have been contacted by the shoreside Conceirge for our request and Specialty dining reservations.

IMO the Solstice Class RS is very well designed and is more than enough space.

Edited by jagoffee

6 hours ago, Greenymac said:

.......is there anything else I'm not aware of as far as perks or other things in upping from a CS to a RS?

There is a perceptable increase in the level of service that is very has rd to actually quantify but most definitely there. 

For example when in the fjords in an RS last year we and the other RS and PH geusts where invited to the bridge. The other suite guests were only invited to an exclusive galley tour (to which we were also invited). Admitedtly it was a far better galley tour than the normal behind the heart of the operation tour offered to all. 

7 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

I can't think of any....unless you don't have a premium beverage package included in your CS.  If you do then I wouldn't spend the extra money for an RS just for Specialty Rest.  The last time we were in a RS we had the two bottles of liquor too and while we consumed about half of one the other one never got touched.  We weren't in our room during normal "drinking hours" for us that much.  

You are correct about the balconies....the CS is much nicer.  The jacuzzi that is on the RS balconies takes up half the space, and while nice it's really a novelty that doesn't get used that much (at least for us and according to stateroom staff I've spoken to)

I thought my CS balcony was terrible really small with just two chairs and a small table will never book that was again it was suite 6104 on infinity. 

Suite choice is definitely all about ‘what suits you’! CS seem to be loved or really disliked!

We tried a CS (S class) once and just didn’t like the layout, especially the ‘inside’ bedroom. Even if you got all the RS perks with a CS we still wouldn’t book it, we would prefer a wake view S1 if we couldn’t get a RS...

Agree with groryjm about that perceptible  increase in service level too...

Edited by chemmo
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

I thought my CS balcony was terrible really small with just two chairs and a small table will never book that was again it was suite 6104 on infinity. 

I was speaking of the CS on the Solstice class ships.  The ones on the M class like Infinity ARE small....but at least they are there....originally those suites had no balcony at all.

57 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I was speaking of the CS on the Solstice class ships.  The ones on the M class like Infinity ARE small....but at least they are there....originally those suites had no balcony at all.

The CS we are booked in is on the hump with a great sized balcony. I don't think I'm willing to give that up. I'm more than happy to try suites for the first time anyway. We were on Infinity in Aqua this passed December for our first cruise, so CS on Equinox should be more than sufficient. This suite addresses my only real gripes about our first cruise which were bathroom space and depth of balcony. 

9 minutes ago, Greenymac said:

The CS we are booked in is on the hump with a great sized balcony. I don't think I'm willing to give that up. I'm more than happy to try suites for the first time anyway. We were on Infinity in Aqua this passed December for our first cruise, so CS on Equinox should be more than sufficient. This suite addresses my only real gripes about our first cruise which were bathroom space and depth of balcony. 

Then you will be VERY happy with your choice.  The CS hump balcony is wonderful.  Wish I was sitting on one right now enjoying morning coffee!!🙂

I'm one of the few people who do use the jacuzzi on the balcony.  My DH & I shared it while cruising the inner passage in Alaska and I've used it in the Caribbean.  We enjoy the specialty dining, half bath and bar set up.  We request real champagne in lieu of spirits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greenymac said:

This is a hump CS on Reflection massive Balcony.......,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-RLERW3AUM

On 5/15/2019 at 9:59 PM, Lane412000 said:

When booked into one of the these two categories, you are provided with unlimited specialty dining. I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1.  Do you pay the specialty dining charge when eating in a specialty dining restaurant when staying in a PH or RS? Or is it part of the cost of the cabin?

2.  Are you able to order from the specialty dining rooms for room service?

Thanks

When we were in the penthouse last year, our butler brought my husband sushi from Sushi on 5, but since I’m not a sushi person he brought me several items from Qsine and it was no problem. I’m not sure if they still will do that but generally your butler will honor most any reasonable request.