Chef's Table

1 minute ago, er345 said:

Well that helps with my memory.  We did the chef’s table about 10 years ago and I couldn’t remember if it was on Independence or Freedom.  But ours was in a very nice private room, so it couldn’t have been Freedom. It was outstanding! I would very much like to do that again when it’s just DH and I. 

In the past, there have been small rooms off the MDR, which is where they did Chef's Table on Monarch or Majesty.   Don't know if those are still present on Voyager/Freedom class.

I'm trying remember where I saw a post of the Chef's table on Harmony. I believe it wasn't in the greatest of spots but that people still enjoyed it. I try to dig the photo up.

29 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

In our experience, Windjammer is quieter than the MDR.  No  ra ra speeches, no songs, no dancing, no waving napkins, etc. 

But that's only a couple nights

25 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

I'm trying remember where I saw a post of the Chef's table on Harmony. I believe it wasn't in the greatest of spots but that people still enjoyed it. I try to dig the photo up.

I think its Solarium

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

In the past, there have been small rooms off the MDR, which is where they did Chef's Table on Monarch or Majesty.   Don't know if those are still present on Voyager/Freedom class.

Didnt some become cabins🤔

31 minutes ago, squadron said:

I would love to do chefs table .  Should  have done it several years ago when our dollar wasn't  so low. On one cruise was $99.  Maybe I can snag an acceptable price on board .

We had a 40% discount off of $89 USD

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But that's only a couple nights

Not on our last Adventure cruise, there was something going on almost every night.  That was the first of a B2B, and we did not go back to the MDR for the second cruise.

Hubby and I did the Chef’s Table last year on Voyager. It was a lovely experience. The food and wine were good, and the other couples were great company. (Several of us met up again and again during the remainder of the cruise.)

I don’t have much alcohol tolerance, so the details get foggy as the meal progressed, and I forgot to take photos of the later courses!C9FE1D83-97DE-43B9-884C-ACE6CFC92DF6.thumb.jpeg.94bb3d0603899bcb613377190c1fb0e1.jpeg9EA5DFA4-3904-4CA3-AF1E-423E16AB7E5A.thumb.jpeg.ac6d6f6a353383511e3d699671e014a8.jpegC49F9F1B-17EB-4B54-A2F0-CDF1F45D8E56.thumb.jpeg.46ed7df966a6e70c13f83303f69d1b06.jpeg2EFFF319-1BD6-46F1-B1E8-02BE79559F6F.thumb.jpeg.109b5e568216e77bd12e8b6052f3c803.jpeg76A1AE66-59BD-4A3F-8D05-275488E585AA.thumb.jpeg.4c375cd1b8d59b0a24b865282a6b2d10.jpegC9FE1D83-97DE-43B9-884C-ACE6CFC92DF6.thumb.jpeg.94bb3d0603899bcb613377190c1fb0e1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Not on our last Adventure cruise, there was something going on almost every night.  That was the first of a B2B, and we did not go back to the MDR for the second cruise.

Odd, Serenade only had things two nights that I recall. And that covered 16 days

23 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I didn't realize they offered a "no wine" option.   That could be a good deal for those who don't enjoy the wine pairings.

I don't drink wine and they have always accommodated me with a discounted price.  The last one we went to they canceled the first night because there weren't enough people so they gave us another discount on top of the one we had already received so the bill for two of us was $49.  We have also done Chefs Table with someone with allergies and the chef came out to speak with them and then made them such amazing stuff.  The chef made extras for the table.  We did ask in advance if they could make meals for someone with allergies since it was a set menu.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I don't drink wine and they have always accommodated me with a discounted price.  The last one we went to they canceled the first night because there weren't enough people so they gave us another discount on top of the one we had already received so the bill for two of us was $49.  We have also done Chefs Table with someone with allergies and the chef came out to speak with them and then made them such amazing stuff.  The chef made extras for the table.  We did ask in advance if they could make meals for someone with allergies since it was a set menu.

Laura can't eat scallops so they made a nice shrimp app. Hers was better.

20190504_180159.thumb.jpg.da76762e5b90ad7b942a0ed394ba3a19.jpg

20190504_180153.thumb.jpg.6bea685a226108d26633cacc04386395.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

How long does Chef's experience typically take?  

It was 2 plus hours maybe a little more, but It did not feel long. The timing gives everyone time to let food digest before the next course. We also had fun getting to know our table mates. Every enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

Tom and I will be on the Rhapsody next February and I am thinking about booking Chef's Table for the night (4th night) of my birthday. Current price is $85pp. Do you think we may get a much better price if we wait until we board? No big deal if it's a miss. DH doesn't really care either way but I would love the experience and the vino!!🤗

• Like 1

There could be a slight risk of it being sold out but I doubt it. We were approached in the main dining room the first night and ended up getting it for 50% off and dined on the 5th night.

Thanks! I don't think I will pre-purchase it then! If we miss out, oh well, it's only food, right? 50% would be a great deal! We'll express an interest in it after we board and then maybe will be offered a nice discount for my birthday! Now, I may re-think using the OBC they gave us to pre-purchase a day on the adults only beach in Roatan! Thanks friends!

• Like 1

I don't know if they have changed the policy but they used to let you cancel with no penalty 24 hours in advance.  The first time we booked we had reservations for later in the week but when we boarded they offered us a better price so we took it and canceled the one we had booked before cruising.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I don't know if they have changed the policy but they used to let you cancel with no penalty 24 hours in advance.  The first time we booked we had reservations for later in the week but when we boarded they offered us a better price so we took it and canceled the one we had booked before cruising.

I believe that's true; however, if you pre-book and use the OBC on the reservation, you will not get the OBC back if you cancel, so the discounted price would be of no use in that circumstance. 

Edited by SilkySal
add

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

I believe that's true; however, if you pre-book and use the OBC on the reservation, you will not get the OBC back if you cancel, so the discounted price would be of no use in that circumstance. 

That is true.  We have usually used our OBC by the time we book restaurant or we are saving it for gratuities.