Anthem iFly and North Star

Thanks for asking this. I was wondering the same thing about ifly. We went on Anthem on the second cruise out of NJ. So, not everything went as planned. I think we had a hard time booking North Star then. We wound up just showing up when we were in Nassau and not having much of a wait. Kid was asking today if he could go do ifly at a local place. After seeing the price, I said it would be cheaper to go on a cruise WITH ifly. 

Book early for iFly and then be prepared to stand in line to see if there are any cancellations.  My son and husband always managed to get into iFly many times during our cruise, just need to be persistent and friendly.  North Star is fun and stand by is not that long of a wait.  Anthem is our favorite ship and we are so looking forward to November  this year.  You will have an awesome time.

In October of last year I did i-fly early in the cruise booked through the cruise planner.  Instructor told us as a group we could reserve it again but  it but had to wait until the last 2 or 3 days of the cruise and if space was available we could do it.  I went down early in the AM on the day they told us to come back and got my second reservation.  I loved it so much we picked Anthem again for a cruise this year.  We were on an October cruise and not too many kids were on board.  It all depends on the demand for it.

In October of last year I did i-fly early in the cruise booked through the cruise planner.  Instructor told us as a group we could reserve it again but  it but had to wait until the last 2 or 3 days of the cruise and if space was available we could do it.  I went down early in the AM on the day they told us to come back and got my second reservation.  I loved it so much we picked Anthem again for a cruise this year.  We were on an October cruise and not too many kids were on board.  It all depends on the demand for it.
Or how lazy the staff is. We have only 200 kids on ovation currently. I've seen groups of 3 or 4 going up to fly...they can take 10 or so. I've seen people say others in their group aren't coming and asked to take their spot. They refuse to let me fly again. I would think key holder should get unlimited standby.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was able to go twice. We were going a third time but it was cancelled due to the weather.

Book your official reservation as early in the cruise as possible. Then later in the cruise ask if there are any open slots.

Less kids = more slots. You probably wont have luck in July, but we cruised in January so there were maybe 50 kids on the ship.

21 hours ago, drusierdmd said:

On ovation they seem to more "strict". One normal reservation, one additional for key holders. I'll try for a third tomorrow...wish me luck.

Yes Ovation has been in China, they have learned to say no and never retreat.  Ovation will probably change after dealing with Americans in Alaska.  

JC

8 hours ago, drusierdmd said:

Or how lazy the staff is. We have only 200 kids on ovation currently. I've seen groups of 3 or 4 going up to fly...they can take 10 or so. I've seen people say others in their group aren't coming and asked to take their spot. They refuse to let me fly again. I would think key holder should get unlimited standby.

Should but don’t.  Ovation is black or white.  No grey.  That will change or half the crew will be getting 2s and not 10s on the questionnaires.  

Not sure about Ovation, we will find out when we cruise her for Alaska but on Anthem, if you keep showing up and asking they will have cancellations that they will let you take.  I know, because my son and husband have flown iFly many times during a 9 night and then a 7 night cruise.  If you are persistent you can fly more than a couple times.