MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

On 10/1/2021 at 10:18 PM, capriccio said:

Has that changed since pre-Covid?  In 2019 we got our status match first before booking a January 2020 cruise.

https://www.mscbook.com/images/pdf/FAQ-VoyagersClub-Corporate.pdf

How can I register for the MSC Voyagers Club? Membership of the MSC Voyagers Club is open to everyone who has cruised at least once with MSC or has booked and confirmed a cruise with MSC. 

2 hours ago, pghflyer said:

FWIW, I filled out the form at 9AM this morning, and at 6:40PM tonight I had my status match completed and a new voyager number. Cool program for getting new customers who would otherwise tend to stay loyal somewhere else.

Congrats, but I’m curious …. did you already have a booking number when you applied for the Status Match? I’m asking because of a conversation during my Divina cruise last week. A few of us first-time MSC cruisers (including me) were complaining that we were never successful getting our Status Match requests approved prior to sailing. A couple of MSC frequent cruisers chuckled and asked us that same question. Surprisingly, us newbies had all applied for the Voyager Club Status Match after we had booked. Then they told us they hear the same complaint on every cruise and to check our emails when we get home. Sure enough - received my email the next day congratulating me on my new Silver status. I had called and emailed at least once a week since June and only received auto-replies. Are they really financially struggling so badly that they saved a free bottle of water? If so, this process is costing them a helluva lot more in Customer Satisfaction. However, it was quite satisfying, 2 hours later, to receive their Customer Survey Request email. 😂

I think the whole thing is a matter of luck! I booked a cruise for husband and me in my name. Within five minutes I had a status match and everything was fine for me. Husband never got a status match. I thought maybe the problem was that in the Voyager's club his number is listed with his three names but the cruise is booked without his middle name. I called trying to fix that but we ended up with several different names and then finally, we were disconnected from our cruise and our purchased drink package disappeared with our cruise. It took a couple of days to reconnect us with our cruise number and with correct names. He still doesn't have a status match. Thankfully, our drinks caught back up to us in one place. I printed my confirmation of purchase before it disappeared. Now the site says I haven't purchased anything except the cruise. Husband's been sending a new status match request each day. We've got 22 days but aren't holding much hope. We did have Voyagers numbers somehow. We haven't cruised with MSC since maybe 2008?? We're shopping around for a new line and this seemed to be a great solution to maintain our Carnival Platinum status but with a different line. 

Yikes does seem fraught with inconsistencies. Honestly I really wasn't even aware of MSC until a few days ago and placed my status match request having never cruised with them, nothing booked, and not even on their email list.  It did take 24-hours from creating an account with my number until I could log in and see the Voyagers discount.

Many, many unsuccessful attempts for match over the past six months. Most successful people seem to be NEW to MSC. We cruised once in 2019 so I have a Voyager Club account. Please confirm if any EXISTING members have gotten a match? I've given up hope, we sail in 20 days

I think I was "existing." We cruised MSC maybe in 2008. We sailed from somewhere in Florida and did an 11-night Caribbean. They must have still had record of me because I applied for my Voyager's number and status match and they knew information that I had not given. They listed points from previous cruise. I did not get my status match until I booked a new cruise leaving later this month. Husband still doesn't have his status match.  We sail in 21 days!

I never cruised MSC, but applied for the status match about 2.5 years ago, after about 3 weeks went by, was awarded "Black Card" status.   I was given 3 years to use it, or lose it.  So I finally booked my first MSC cruise for 23 October.   I used my status to get the perks.  My wife had not previously applied for the status match, and had no Voyagers Club number.  Once the booking was complete, she applied, and received her Diamond status a day later, and her number was automatically added to our booking.

• Like 1

Finally got my status matched from Hilton Gold to MSC Gold! I am sailing on Oct 30 and booked through a TA. DO I add the MSC voyager number myself online or ask TA to get it added? How would I get the $50 OBC and any discount OBC since it is already paid fully? Does TA have to coordinate it? Thanks for any help.

I think I would put the TA on it since this is what they do. They may have contacts.  You can also call the number at the website. I did that for a different reason but the MSC person noticed that my status had been matched to Gold so they gave me a rebate for my over payment and gave me my $50 OBC. I really don't know how I would have received the rebate (return to CC or OBC) because I had them use it toward the purchase of a drink package. 

Oops, I posted this question on the regular MSC page and see it should have gone here.

If you are platinum on a few cruise lines and diamond on one, how do you know which cruise line's loyalty status to use on the form for best perks on MSC?    Not sure RC diamond is "better" status than NCL platinum?

27 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Oops, I posted this question on the regular MSC page and see it should have gone here.

If you are platinum on a few cruise lines and diamond on one, how do you know which cruise line's loyalty status to use on the form for best perks on MSC?    Not sure RC diamond is "better" status than NCL platinum?

We have been Diamond on Carnival The top tier. They did not give us top tier on MSC. So yes Platinum on others can be rated higher then Diamond in our case.

3 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Check the spreadsheet on the original posting of this thread. It’ll give you an idea of what matches up what on MSC.

I applied for Voyagers Club membership in June 2021, without booking anything. Attached a screen shot from my IHG account showing platinum status. MSC replied within two hours and gave me silver status. That got me a $70 discount on the cruise I later booked plus $50 in OBC. Not bad for 10 minutes of my time.

Disney Cruise Line Platinum = MSC Diamond.  October 2021.

That is Disney’s top tier; they only have three.

Sent in a screenshot from the Disney Cruise Line’s page that showed my name, loyalty #, and the date from the computer for my proof of status.  Just after midnight on a Thursday; the confirmation email was sent around 8 am.

And then I booked my first MSC cruise.  I did not enroll in the Voyagers program and get a newbie’s number.

Hello Everyone!

This status match topic caught my attention. I haven’t read through 17 pages of this but was wondering we are platinum with IHG hotels and are planning on booking a cruise with MSC. Should we bring that upto them while we are booking. We don’t have Voyager numbers yet because we have never sailed with MSC.

We also are on the classic level with Celebrity. Just curious if there is anything we should do prior to calling MSC.

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Hello Everyone!

This status match topic caught my attention. I haven’t read through 17 pages of this but was wondering we are platinum with IHG hotels and are planning on booking a cruise with MSC. Should we bring that upto them while we are booking. We don’t have Voyager numbers yet because we have never sailed with MSC.

We also are on the classic level with Celebrity. Just curious if there is anything we should do prior to calling MSC.

Apply for the status match BEFORE you are ready to make your reservation at https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/status-match

28 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

It says ai need current loyalty card info. We’ve never sailed MSC a yet!

The current loyalty card is the one from the program you are trying to match - IHG or Celebrity.  Use whichever has the highest level.

20 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Hello Everyone!

Our January sailing was discounted by 5% + 15% off that with a $50 onboard credit.  Both my Diamond match and sister’s Gold match earned that.  (I think even the lowest match would get to use that, as it is for all Voyagers members).  And it can be combined with free Balcony upgrade, too.

For those of you having a tough time getting your status match:  Be sure that any loyalty card you scan to send to them has all of the edges of the card visible. I kept getting an error message when I would hit send to apply and then my husband pointed out to me that the picture program uses an optical scanner and if the edges of the card aren't visible, it won't go through.  It was maddening because I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.   '