Aft Cabins Radiance Class Ships To Sunny/Hot?

Are the aft cabins on the Radiance class ships very hot from the sun? It looks like there really isn't any overhang to help shade the room. I don't mind the sun on the balcony or on the door for a while in the am and the pm. I just don't want it hitting the door all day making the room hotter than those with at least a little overhang. This will be in the Baltic in May.

We already have aft cabin 9660 which is deeper so I'm thinking that will help with the sun more than corner aft cabin 7172. What we do like about 7172 is the little/tiny wrap that it has to see to the side. Debating if we should change or not.

Thanks

Edited by ReneeFLL

We had 9658 next door and there was no problem from the sun. With the balcony being deeper you have both covered area up by door/windows and open area. We loved it!! You have nothing to worry about at all!  Enjoy!

I actually have been in both - I'd take the corner one over the ones in the middle - although, I'd take the middle ones aft, if the price was right, rather than a balcony.  We had 8168 on the Jewel. 

DSC06679.jpeg

DSC06680.jpeg

DSC06677.jpeg

Edited by crilski
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Are the aft cabins on the Radiance class ships very hot from the sun? It looks like there really isn't any overhang to help shade the room. I don't mind the sun on the balcony or on the door for a while in the am and the pm. I just don't want it hitting the door all day making the room hotter than those with at least a little overhang. This will be in the Baltic in May.

We already have aft cabin 9660 which is deeper so I'm thinking that will help with the sun more than corner aft cabin 7172. What we do like about 7172 is the little/tiny wrap that it has to see to the side. Debating if we should change or not.

Thanks

Have you looked for the average weather and temperatures in the Baltic in May? No risk at all that it will be too hot! 

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks

Done over 250nites in Aft Radiance Class cabins. I love the corners myself, 7172, 8168 and 9256 for Balcony and Sun. But as you mention there are multiple days I have to close both Curtains in room or the Cabin warms too much. Up to you, but agree if you like little shade go with inner Aft with the deeper Balcony's, will assure Cabin doesn't get too warm. Have done many nites in these also.

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Have you looked for the average weather and temperatures in the Baltic in May? No risk at all that it will be too hot! 

I agree! We did Baltic last June and the temperature was ... baltic! 😂

19 hours ago, shopaholic6 said:

I agree! We did Baltic last June and the temperature was ... baltic! 😂

That is Great advice.  We did the Baltic with the Norwegian Breakaway last year late June to early July.  No problem with overly warm days.  Suggest you take a sweater – we had a very chilly day at Peterhof Palace in St. Petersburg.  Have a great vacation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lpops said:

That is Great advice.  We did the Baltic with the Norwegian Breakaway last year late June to early July.  No problem with overly warm days.  Suggest you take a sweater – we had a very chilly day at Peterhof Palace in St. Petersburg.  Have a great vacation.

We went to Helsinki and it was like our winter! Lovely and sunny but icy cold 🙂