How crowded does the Spirit class feel?

hotsauce126

I just got off the Breeze on Saturday (the largest ship I've been on), and am going on the Miracle on August (which will be the smallest ship I've been on). While I liked the Breeze a lot, it definitely felt more crowded to me than my other ones which were all Destiny/Conquest class ships. I'm assuming that with so many less rooms the Miracle will feel less crowded. Am I right in assuming that? 

Edited by hotsauce126
Misspoke

3 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Would think more crowded. You are going in August so presumably more families more kids.

Yeah I guess that probably played a role in it too. There were a ton of families on this last one. Since most schools start in early August now I'm hoping there won't be too many on this one

Edited by hotsauce126

We have had 2 Spirit class ship's here in Australia for the last 6 years. The Spirit & The Legend... I find it not crowded at all, very open & airey. The only places would be Serenity on nice days, Comedy club late & us Aussies love Trivia at The fountain cafes down on deck 2.

Most of the action is on deck 2 & deck 9.. I have done 17 cruises on these 2 ships & don't have a problem...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

Yeah I guess that probably played a role in it too. There were a ton of families on this last one. Since most schools start in early August now I'm hoping there won't be too many on this one

If you have to go in August I gather would expect a crowded ship. Personally think the Dream class is the best layout Carnival has done

• Haha 1

We've only been on one Spirit class ship to date but will be on Spirit next year.  The Legend NEVER felt crowded at all.  The layout is definitely different than the other class ships and it wasn't my favorite but we sometimes felt like there weren't many other people on the ship.

• Like 1

We were on Miracle for a week over Christmas last December, and the ship never felt crowded to us. During the day we spent most of our time on the ship in the Serenity area. Spirit class ships have by far the best Serenity areas in my opinion.  At night we spent the majority of the time at the Alchemy Bar, Red Frog Pub, and the two forward theaters watching production and comedy shows.  The only time we saw any long lines on the ship was when we were at the Alchemy Bar and people would line up to go to the MDR for dinner. But the line would disappear quickly once they opened the doors to the MDR. 

• Like 2

Just got off the Miracle a few weeks ago and it never felt crowded, with the exception of the Lido buffet on sea days for obvious reasons. It felt much less crowded than our usual Conquest class sailings and there is a large serenity area with its own small pool. There will probably be more kids in summer than when I went, but our ship was sold out so it probably won't be too bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

I just got off the Breeze on Saturday (the largest ship I've been on), and am going on the Miracle on August (which will be the smallest ship I've been on). While I liked the Breeze a lot, it definitely felt more crowded to me than my other ones which were all Destiny/Conquest class ships. I'm assuming that with so many less rooms the Miracle will feel less crowded. Am I right in assuming that? 

I have been on the Miracle three times. It is is smaller ship but it does not feel as crowded as the larger ship. It is smaller but has 1000 fewer people. Lines do not seem as long. Usually there are seats in theater. I have been on Breeze and ream and they always seemed to be more congested in common areas.

• Like 1

We  have cruised on all classes of Carnival ships except Vista, and by far the Spirit  Class has the least crowded feel. You can walk every deck front to back without having to go up, down, or around. Sailed on the Pride one year during spring break and even that cruise didn't feel crowded. 

• Like 2