Diamond Club drinks

On 5/28/2019 at 3:41 PM, J80crew said:

Thanks for the quick response!

the flyer suggests that the drinks are available from all bars and not just the lounge, there is no mention of the 3 drinks on the card to use outside of the lounge,  Is the 3 drink limit still in place or would it be more? as in the lounge over the the 3.5 hour period?

3 minutes ago, bogofman said:

the flyer suggests that the drinks are available from all bars and not just the lounge, there is no mention of the 3 drinks on the card to use outside of the lounge,  Is the 3 drink limit still in place or would it be more? as in the lounge over the the 3.5 hour period?

The 3 drink limit applies to drinks ordered outside the lounge.  No limit to drinks in the lounge.

21 hours ago, actuarian said:

Even though the list does not include any sparkling wines, it is my experience that the Diamond Clubs usually have some kind of sparkling wine available if you ask for it.  However, sparkling wine does not seem to be available at the other bars and restaurants using the three free drinks preloaded on seapasses.

I was able to get sparkling wine at the bars on Indy last week, they even made me a Bellini in Boleros.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 5:27 PM, gdy0354 said:

I will be doing early dining.

Sign says any bar or lounge.

Are free drinks served in dining room during those hours.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:23 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yes

True though on a recent cruise our cards were not ran until past the happy hour times & the drinks ordered in the main DR showed up on our final invoice. They were removed with no issue once we got home and I disputed the charges with customer service. However, still a bother to follow up ... but would imagine with an early dinner it would not be an issue

9 hours ago, Big_G said:

DW always asks if they have Sauvignon Blanc and more often than not they get it for her.

Are you sure this is in the Diamond club and not the Suite lounge?  I have asked multiple times for Sauvignon Blanc and I have never been able to get it.  Only time was in the Suite Lounge on Allure where it was readily available.  

3 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Are you sure this is in the Diamond club and not the Suite lounge?  I have asked multiple times for Sauvignon Blanc and I have never been able to get it.  Only time was in the Suite Lounge on Allure where it was readily available.  

In both.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:24 PM, mommamiller04 said:

I see hard liquors listed on the menu. Do they make mixed drinks? With the wine being not so good, that sounds like a better option. This will be our first Diamond level cruise so wasn’t sure what drinks, specifically, you could get. 

Based on the list of liquors and mixers provided, it is possible to get some decent drinks. In addition to simple drinks like a rum and coke, whisk(e)y and soda, cranberry and vodka, etc., you can get Martinis, Manhattans (kind of—there's no bourbon, only Tennessee whiskey), Rob Roys, Negronis, and usually they will make a rum punch of some sort on request. Beyond that, if you ask nicely ( and tip nicely), you can get some other good mixed drinks in the diamond lounge (but not, as mentioned above, blended drinks). If you have a particular drink you like, they may be able to make it, or you can request something of their own creation (though these tend to be rather sweet drinks, in my experience). My preference is for the harder, straight-up drinks like a Martini, and in my experience, in the lounge, they generally do not make weak drinks, so I usually go with a mixed drink, and then have seltzer with lime or lemon between drinks.

Last week on Vision we went to Viking Lounge the bartender said martinis counted as 2 drinks of our 3. 

“Our” waiter in the R Bar said BS. He also did not “count” our drinks and were able to stop and get glasses of wine to take for dinner

7 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Last week on Vision we went to Viking Lounge the bartender said martinis counted as 2 drinks of our 3. 

Were you asking for some sort of special martini, like top shelf or chocolate?

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Were you asking for some sort of special martini, like top shelf or chocolate?

No. Beefeater martini. I had a few dollars in my hand for a tip for the drinks I was getting, after she refused to budge, I started to put the $ back in my pocket and she said, ok. Just this time.

No other bar or bartender said anything 

4 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

No. Beefeater martini. I had a few dollars in my hand for a tip for the drinks I was getting, after she refused to budge, I started to put the $ back in my pocket and she said, ok. Just this time.

So odd.  It's making me wonder why the bartender would care.  As if they are getting some sort of incentive to use the most vouchers. 

58 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

So odd.  It's making me wonder why the bartender would care.  As if they are getting some sort of incentive to use the most vouchers. 

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

"Ok, just this time"—I find that almost more annoying than her initial statement that a martini counted as two of your vouchers. I've always been able to get a martini with the Diamond brand of gin at the various bars around the ship, and it only counted as one drink (with tip in hand). The only thing I can think of was that if she intended to use two shots of gin so you ended up with a decent-sized martini, she might have meant that counted as the use of two vouchers (now that they are watching their pours in the bars more strictly). A single-shot martini poured into a regular martini glass would probably only half fill the glass.

5 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

"Ok, just this time"—I find that almost more annoying than her initial statement that a martini counted as two of your vouchers. I've always been able to get a martini with the Diamond brand of gin at the various bars around the ship, and it only counted as one drink (with tip in hand). The only thing I can think of was that if she intended to use two shots of gin so you ended up with a decent-sized martini, she might have meant that counted as the use of two vouchers (now that they are watching their pours in the bars more strictly). A single-shot martini poured into a regular martini glass would probably only half fill the glass.

Actually, all the martinis we good pours. Full glass. Certainly more then a shot. 

On 5/28/2019 at 3:29 PM, WeLuvVacation said:

"Irish Cream" is not Baileys but a lesser name brand, tastes about the same. At least on Radiance last week it was so.

I had the Irish Cream on Mariner. It is very good but not quite as creamy (thick) as Bailey's. Still delicious.