Diamond Club drinks

Does anyone have a list of the wines served in the Diamond Club?  Or those available at the bars and restaurants using the three free drinks preloaded on your seapass?  I’ll be on Harmony this summer and am wondering how restricted I’ll be if I just rely on the freebies. 

6 minutes ago, J80crew said:

Does anyone have a list of the wines served in the Diamond Club?  Or those available at the bars and restaurants using the three free drinks preloaded on your seapass?  I’ll be on Harmony this summer and am wondering how restricted I’ll be if I just rely on the freebies. 

Same beverage menu at the bars and MDR. We've never cruised the Harmony. 

image.png.cb5cda91dabd38b580423d938a0338e7.png

On 5/8/2019 at 9:09 PM, drewdrewcruiser said:

For my April 2020 sailing, the waterpark cabana is $600.  😫

On 5/16/2019 at 2:17 PM, MELODY4307 said:

That sounds great.....or we could meet on the first day.

Edited by J80crew
Don’t know how this got posted. My mistake.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you mean the label, it is unpredictable.  Royal Caribbean is constantly fiddling with which wines they stock in a race to the bottom of the bargain bin.

Not a surprise. Wish they had a Sauvignon Blanc and a Pinot noir, but we can make do. The drink package doesn’t make sense for us this trip. 

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you mean the label, it is unpredictable.  Royal Caribbean is constantly fiddling with which wines they stock in a race to the bottom of the bargain bin.

Sometimes you can't find Beringer white zin 😱🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sometimes you can't find Beringer white zin 😱🍷

On Explorer they had run out of Beringer pink Zin (thank goodness) and they were serving a wonderful dry crisp French rose.... bliss..... !!   It had a blue and white horizontal striped label.. I’m sure it wasn’t  classy stuff like Whispering Angel.... but it sure tasted good!! 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, little britain said:

On Explorer they had run out of Beringer pink Zin (thank goodness) and they were serving a wonderful dry crisp French rose.... bliss..... !!   It had a blue and white horizontal striped label.. I’m sure it wasn’t  classy stuff like Whispering Angel.... but it sure tasted good!! 

Wow! I never thought to look at the actual bottles they're serving from to see what it might be. Talk about upgrade fairy! I usually ignore the wines because they aren't great, and I'm surprised they could ever run out of the plonk. I'd assumed they were bottling it on board from tanks as large as the fuel tanks.

• Like 1

Even though the list does not include any sparkling wines, it is my experience that the Diamond Clubs usually have some kind of sparkling wine available if you ask for it.  However, sparkling wine does not seem to be available at the other bars and restaurants using the three free drinks preloaded on seapasses.

Edited by actuarian

On 5/28/2019 at 10:48 AM, Colorado Babe said:

I do not drink the wine in the lounges. I prefer to stick with the wine I bring on board and also the ones that are delivered to my stateroom from C&A.   😞

I think the red wine from C&A is definitely a cheap wine and it's awful.  I am a red wine drinker and I leave it in the cabin as I tried to drink it one time and it was not good at all. 

On another site someone posted that the wine sold for about $3 a bottle in a discounted store and I believe it.  I hope the steward drinks it or since it's up on a high shelf, that it's there for someone else who may drink it.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, actuarian said:

Even though the list does not include any sparkling wines, it is my experience that the Diamond Clubs usually have some kind of sparkling wine available if you ask for it.  However, sparkling wine does not seem to be available at the other bars and restaurants using the three free drinks preloaded on seapasses.

I've never not gotten a sparkling wine when I've asked for one.  They're not champagne...far from it, but they've always had something.

1 hour ago, katiel53 said:

I think the red wine from C&A is definitely a cheap wine and it's awful.  I am a red wine drinker and I leave it in the cabin as I tried to drink it one time and it was not good at all. 

On another site someone posted that the wine sold for about $3 a bottle in a discounted store and I believe it.  I hope the steward drinks it or since it's up on a high shelf, that it's there for someone else who may drink it.

Are you speaking of the C&A wine that you can select as a gift?    When you reach the higher levels, the selection of wine improves. We get three selections and often select Domaine Chandon, Mer Soliel Chardonnay and Estancia Pinot noir. 

Cheers

m

57 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Are you speaking of the C&A wine that you can select as a gift?    When you reach the higher levels, the selection of wine improves. We get three selections and often select Domaine Chandon, Mer Soliel Chardonnay and Estancia Pinot noir. 

Cheers

m

I guess I am not high enough.  I am only D+. My wine is I think Merlot or Cabernet.

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Cheers

m

Estancia is tasty.

Caymus Conundrum is also nice

I'm surprised that Beringer WZ does not show up until the 2nd tier list 🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

I see hard liquors listed on the menu. Do they make mixed drinks? With the wine being not so good, that sounds like a better option. This will be our first Diamond level cruise so wasn’t sure what drinks, specifically, you could get. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm surprised that Beringer WZ does not show up until the 2nd tier list 🤣

They would probably run out if it was available to all D+.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mommamiller04 said:

I see hard liquors listed on the menu. Do they make mixed drinks? With the wine being not so good, that sounds like a better option. This will be our first Diamond level cruise so wasn’t sure what drinks, specifically, you could get. 

Yes, and they have the most common mixers.  No frozen or "blender drinks". 

On 5/28/2019 at 10:40 AM, J80crew said:

Not a surprise. Wish they had a Sauvignon Blanc and a Pinot noir, but we can make do. The drink package doesn’t make sense for us this trip. 

DW always asks if they have Sauvignon Blanc and more often than not they get it for her.