Playmakers Sports bar on Symphony

6 minutes ago, joyhannah said:

Hello

Can anyone tell me how players is on Symphony?

how was the food, and did the TV's  get most games NFL NBA and Soccer

what is the pricing?

Thanks

Can't comment on the tv"s or games as we just went for late lunch.  A order of nachos, small chicken wings, 2 pub burgers and 2 Margaritas was about $75.00 including a $10 tip.  If you are Diamond the DL drink vouchers are honored after 4:30. Food was great, tables were just like eating at Carl's JR.  Or in your case it may be Hardie's. Would of been half price across the way at Johnny Rockets. happy cruising.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Can't comment on the tv"s or games as we just went for late lunch.  A order of nachos, small chicken wings, 2 pub burgers and 2 Margaritas was about $75.00 including a $10 tip.  If you are Diamond the DL drink vouchers are honored after 4:30. Food was great, tables were just like eating at Carl's JR.  Or in your case it may be Hardie's. Would of been half price across the way at Johnny Rockets. happy cruising.

But at JR you couldn't have got the nachos, chicken wings or 2 Margaritas either. So you paid for 6 items at Playmakers for $75, compared to burgers and fries at JR for around $20. 

2 hours ago, Artemus said:

Seems kinda expensive especially considering all the other complimentary Food onboard 

Actually if you look at the menu the prices would be very reasonable even for a land based restaurant.

They show the nachos to be $7. The small wings $8. And the burgers come with fries for $9 which I think was the same price as JR on the Allure.

It's another option on the ship for food. I could see my wife and I getting wings there late at night some times instead of our usual pizza. But we wouldn't eat there to often because it would add up pretty quick.

We enjoyed it.  Didn't eat there but watched quite a few games as we were there during March Madness.  One thing to note is that the games they had on were somewhat limited based on whatever is showing on ESPN Caribbean or whatever other channels they have.  They will likely not have access to every game as you would see in a land-based sports bar.

For March Madness it was one channel that would move back and forth between games.

Was on Symphony 2 weeks ago and by far Playmakers had the worst service. Went there on 2 separate occasions and  waited at the bar well over 5 minutes each time. The second time bartenders didn't even make eye contact, they never smiled and seemed overwhelmed. Just my take.

16 hours ago, lowbass said:

But at JR you couldn't have got the nachos, chicken wings or 2 Margaritas either. So you paid for 6 items at Playmakers for $75, compared to burgers and fries at JR for around $20. 

True, and we did way over order.  It was easily enough for three to walk out full.  I will say that the pub burger was far superior to JR"S

I was in Playmakers in March during the NCAA tournament.   They streamed the games from CBS/TNT to ESPN Caribbean.  They did show 2 games at the same time, but as the tournament advanced, they would rotate any simultaneous games.  They also had 3 opening day MLB games showing from noon to the late game.  As far as NFL broadcasts, I'd hope they could have at least 2 on at the same time, but no one seems to have the answer on this board.

I ordered the buffalo wings twice and also had a cheeseburger.....both were very good.

We watched a few NFL games there last December, coverage was good - they showed five morning games and four afternoon games.  Service was a bit slow at first but that was due to the large number of guests wanting to eat while watching the games.

4 hours ago, island diver said:

Was on Symphony 2 weeks ago and by far Playmakers had the worst service. Went there on 2 separate occasions and  waited at the bar well over 5 minutes each time. The second time bartenders didn't even make eye contact, they never smiled and seemed overwhelmed. Just my take.

Agreed. We went before the aquatheater show and it was about 5 minutes before anyone noticed us, although there were 7 staff members talking behind the bar. Then, when one came over to our table, my card (R package) was charged for his drink, and my soda on his card (Deluxe package). They never brought the receipt. I found out as we were leaving the ship.

When I heard they were replacing Sabor with these Playmaker bars, I was wondering about the TV coverage as well. When I've cruised the Oasis class in the past we'd have a running joke about whether the TV's above the cantilevered hot tubs would have Tennis or Soccer, because that's all it seemed they ever got from ESPN Caribbean.  A sports bar with 70 TV's and 2 channels wouldn't quite work, so I'm assuming/hoping that they'll be able to pull in multiple NFL/MLB/NBA/etc games over satellite.

-- Kevin