General Qs / Enchantment of the seas

I've mostly cruised Carnival, so I'm trying to figure out how Royal works so I have some questions.  I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas. 

1) Do you pick a time to arrive at port to check-in like in Carnival or do you just show up whenever?

2) On Embarkation lunch, are there any out of the way places to try before the masses find them?  (Like the Italian place and deli on Carnival)

3) I've read on these boards that you can make reservations for shows.  Does that apply to EOTS?  Does that include comedy club?  Is there a comedy club?

4) Is there an on-board app for RC which gives the list of activities?

Any other helpful tips on what to expect is different on RC so I don't miss out on anything?

Thanks!

SHow up to the port whenever you like.

Try Park Cafe for lunch.

No show reservations on Enchantment.

The RCI App is available, but Enchantment may not have the texting capability yet.

On the smaller ships,  all shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional dining times.    If you happen to have MTD, then pick the show you want to see, and eat accordingly.  It's really a good way to do it....everyone who wants to go to a show, gets to, without pre-planning it!

Enchantment is a smaller older ship, so there are not a variety of eating options like most RCI ships.   Remember she was built in the mid 90's so its fair to compare Enchantment to like the Carnival Sensation, not any ships news than that.

So on this class ship there's really just the main dining room, the specialty dining, a cafe, and the buffet.   Now the cafe in the solarium is a spot that isn't hit up very often, and has sandwiches, salads, and late night snacks.

No comedy club, shows will just be in the main theater.  I will tell you on my recent 7 night cruise on vision there were 3 or 4 comedy shows, and the rest of the nights were the production shows and big bands.  We had plenty of comedy offerings.

There is an app, download it and it will load everything up for you.

RCI will give you a suggested time to come, but typically anything after 11am is fine and Galveston is an easy port for such a small ship.

We sailed on Enchantment 2 weeks ago and the app & compass did not coincide on several events (i.e: compass would show an event, but the app did not , or the app showed something that the compass did not). So just make sure to check both so you don't miss anything 😉

32 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

We sailed on Enchantment 2 weeks ago and the app & compass did not coincide on several events (i.e: compass would show an event, but the app did not , or the app showed something that the compass did not). So just make sure to check both so you don't miss anything 😉

Just curious, which was more accurate - Compass or App?

2ND THE Solarium Bistro on sailaway day, will have pizza, Kimmelweck and some other limited offerings very short lineups generally and if you have a drink package the bar is right behind you to sit and eat and drink 🙂

15 hours ago, Needs_A_Vacation said:

Curious as to what a 'Kimmelweck' is?

heaven on a bun.   make sure you add the horseradish sauce.  

Park Cafe also has really good breakfast options, including a bagel station.