One of a kind cabin...A746

Jemnibabe

I have searched everywhere for some information on a certain cabin on the Star Princess.  A746.  The balcony seems to be totally different then any other though I guess it is possible that there are similar cabins on other ships.  If you have stayed in this cabin, (or a similar one) please let me know the pros and cons of the room and the totally enclosed balcony.  Thanks so much.  Pictures very welcome

Judy from SW Florida

I've been in that cabin (not sure which ship). Those balconies are really nice.

The balcony isn't "totally" enclosed, there's just an obstruction on the side. IIRC it creates a little shade for most of the day (nice for the hot places we may go).

The cabin is a standard balcony cabin. Nothing different about it.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the pictures Andlep.  That was exactly what I was looking for.  I had Googled it and came up with what was supposedly that cabin but in further research, it was not the exact room after all.  Did you have a lot of problem with wind on that balcony?

Judy from SW Florida

36 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Thank you so much for the pictures Andlep.  That was exactly what I was looking for.  I had Googled it and came up with what was supposedly that cabin but in further research, it was not the exact room after all.  Did you have a lot of problem with wind on that balcony?

Judy from SW Florida

You are welcome. Those pics were from facebook so I don't know about wind.

Remember, the barrel chairs shown in photos are no longer there. Nice room!

OP google 'cruise deck plans Star princess A746' -- If you're not a member, you may only get to see thumbnails IDK. There is embedded comment on this room. It does not mention wind...

ETA: as a [former] physical scientist I will speculate: it may be that wind is avoided while sitting on this balcony because there is nowhere for it to exit the space, so the air already around you pushes most of the wind away on by. 

Edited by crystalspin

Coral, thanks so much for the pictures.  Was this actually on the Star or another similar ship?  And thanks to all who contributed to my question.  I could find deck plans easily and saw comments here and there but was getting all kinds of opposite remarks like this was an added cabin and is set up a little differently; or lots of wind if you are moving; and pictures of supposedly that exact cabin which looked different.  Guess I won't really know until I experience it.  Thanks again.

Judy from SW Florida

13 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Coral, thanks so much for the pictures.  Was this actually on the Star or another similar ship?  And thanks to all who contributed to my question.  I could find deck plans easily and saw comments here and there but was getting all kinds of opposite remarks like this was an added cabin and is set up a little differently; or lots of wind if you are moving; and pictures of supposedly that exact cabin which looked different.  Guess I won't really know until I experience it.  Thanks again.

Judy from SW Florida

It was on the Star a long time ago (before they switched furniture and bed linens).

I had no wind whatsoever. You can also be protected from possible wind depending on where you sit. You can sit just like on a regular side balcony. I was in the Caribbean on that sailing.

It was not an added cabin. It is just odd as it is the last side cabin - it is cut into the hull.

Edited by Coral

We just got off the Crown Princess June 6 and had R746, which is one of 3 'triangular shaped' balcony cabins.  We loved the balcony because it was so big.  You could easily put several loungers on it and there was no wind that we were aware of.  It was nice looking forward to the bridge (and maybe not so nice being able to look into everyone else's balcony - I guess some folks don't realize we can see them from that angle). We put our 'barrel chair' (yes, they are still in the cabins on the Crown Princess) on the balcony and used the other chairs to put our feet up.  The hallway closet next to our door held the stewards cleaning supplies but we never heard any noise.  There was more noise coming from across the hall in the room where the clean towels and sheets were stored.  We had several issues with that cabin in that the plumbing needs updating but then the entire ship could use some refreshment.

IMG_1984.JPG

• Like 1